Legacy United Leader Class Tigerhawk

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by lethoma, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not to everyone's liking. Some of us do and some don't.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jametron

jametron Take a good plane and shave off all the edges…

News Credits:
    I know, just throwing out some levity! Like I said, I’m just not used to not agreeing with your assessments! Regretting a purchase stinks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but that's the roll of the dice we as collectors face.

I just came from my local comic shop, and they have this figure, loose on the shelf, and the original on the shelf below it. I looked very carefully at the original.

Flat out, everything on this new one is an improvement except the wings.

I think the wings are what bother me most about this one. Maybe in my head I thought they would fold up more, or have articulation to make them do a bit more, but no..it really does look like the original.

I can't fault THAT, as it looks just like the OG design..but when I look at the wings, and wing assembly on this new one, it just seems so cheap, missing some real critical paint on feathers would be a bit better looking as well. The flip out guns seem to be missing something as well..hollow and ugly looking. This may be a case where I had ZERO connection to the OG toy or character.

So I guess if you are a fan of this character, then YES...this figure does look like the original. I just really don't like how the wings were done, and even though I know it's a Fuzor, it's just a really ugly, and frumpy beast mode with those massive front legs..and tiny Taz legs in the back.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All

News Credits:
    IMG_2178.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Okay, between this figure and TM2 Megs, which do you think is the better toy, ignoring any attachment to the characters or designs?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Arduous

News Credits:

Don’t know
    IMG_2205.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a tough call IMO, they're both excellent figures. I guess I'd say I prefer TM2 Megatron because he's less fiddly than Tigerhawk.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Arduous

News Credits:
    IMG_2236.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a HUGE fan of the dragon megatron. They did a great job on that one.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    As much as I love obscure characters and deep cuts, I can't help but agree.
    In terms of fiction, depth charge is in more of BW, is also a good guy, and has less accessories to budget. He also has a rival with a lot more prominence, whereas tigerhawk has nobody, bar possibly dinobot 2. On paper, it makes more sense.
    Maybe Hasbro has an aversion to nautical alt modes? The seacons were gen selects under Takara, we got two nobody fembots in the idw capsule when Nautica eclipses both of their popularity's , and tidal wave only made Titan after 2 separate OC's and (with all due respect) Cybertron metroplex.

I hope my hypothesis isn't true; most of my wants are ocean themed.
    • Broadside
    • Nautica
    • Octopunch
    • Submaruader
    • Depth charge
    • Rampage
    • Thunderblast
    • High tide ( as a pipe dream)
    Thankfully, sky byte is on the way and tidal wave is here, so I'm hoping they usher in a downpour.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    This figure since the connections are more secure and while both lack paint, Tigerhawk seems to have better paint apps.

• Like Like x 3
  12. J.T.Silversmith

J.T.Silversmith Well-Known Member

I really have been enjoying this toy, but there are a few things that i think i need to do something about. There are a couple of places where the gold plastic should be white, but the thing that bugged me the most was the angle the tail sits at in beast mode. This is the default configuration. 1000001736.jpg
    I found an alternate transformation that has the tail at an angle that i like, but makes the gun on his arm even worse! 1000001738.jpg
    However if I replace the gun with something smaller then it works a lot better. 1000001733.jpg
    In this case I used the gun from an old Transformers Prime Bumblebee. Now the Beast mode looks a lot better to me. 1000001742.jpg
    1000001743.jpg
    1000001746.jpg
    It also moves the hips downward lower than his shoulders, making the back legs effectively a little longer, especially when it is on all fours on the ground. 1000001745.jpg 1000001747.jpg
    1000001751.jpg
    The guns are too big anyway! Arm Gun Size.jpg Enjoy! 1000001734.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    TM2 Megatron.

It appears that I had a few figures arrive and never left feedback here. I was just toying around with him again the other day, and there's a lot to like and honestly it feels better to me than the original. However, it still has some issues, though minor, that bring him down a little bit, leaving him at a solid B+ for me. The biggest complaint is tabbing the beast mode chest around the robot arm; either it goes in just fine, or it won't go in at all because of a slight misalignment and I spend 5 minutes trying to get it to sit right.

Part of toying around with Tigerhawk was part of me looking back at the BW figures and feeling almost like I'm in a sunk cost fallacy; while I've eagerly gotten these guys, my opinions of them are all over the place. Rhinox and T-Rex Megatron are incredibly unfun, to TM2 Megatron and Optimus Primal being joys to own. Because of that I'm in this weird place where I just don't want to buy anymore, save for a TM Dinobot.

• Like Like x 1