Legacy United Leader Class Tigerhawk

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by lethoma, Dec 7, 2023.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't obviously spot anyone having answered this so....

20240416_164754.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Jeeaxus

Jeeaxus J->E Translator, Comics Fan, Recent Collector

Instagram:
    He finally came out in Japan and arrived yesterday. A bit mixed on him. Love his design and general heft; he really feels like he captures the original era of his toys.

On the other hand, you go through a lot for the transformation (and it's not a transformation I find particularly fun). I also couldn't get the beast mode chest to tab in/close on my copy after first attempt, but that might have been user error.

I was also surprised by how big he is. A chunk Leader Class body and then the wings taking up a ton of shelf space in both modes. That isn't necessarily a positive...

EDIT--I just went back a page, and I feel like I'm living on a different planet from people who think this figure has "egregious gaps" that require filler kits.

EDIT EDIT—
    Wait, is he supposed to have a blast-effect port on his skirt piece? Did they change this? Or is it just that the little circular bits are compatible with effects parts that wrap around them?

For a second I was hoping that this would finally be the 5 mm port placement they should not have given me to pair with Beast Battle Master Rhinox.
    IMG_0869.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  3. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    blast effects, 3mm holes, like on chromia's bombs

• Like Like x 1
  4. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

So dumb why they did that. Good to see its an easy fix I can't wait to get this guy.

5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, I was going to put this in the hidden features thread but I think here is better as I believe it's a missing step.
    So, the bronze gear pieces in his knee and thigh here:
    IMG_20240506_163822.jpg

It comes out.
    IMG_20240506_163829.jpg

And I believe this intended because not only is there stopping points for it
    IMG_20240506_163900.jpg

But his show model also has such protrusions above his knees.
    TigerhawkGenesis1.jpg IMG_20240506_164808.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 15
  6. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    So on my copy the right hip ratchet gave out almost immediately out of the box. Had a delayed sickly feeling when first trying to rotate them before the ratchet just stopped entirely in both directions and I chucked him back in the box out of irritation.

Fast forward to today and I pull him back out. On a whim I started messing with the bum hip joint, and tried putting on some pressure against the outside and the white disc you find after splitting the waist in half for the transformation. The ratchet started working again, at least in the forward/counter-clockwise direction.

This leads me to a theory that the issue with the right hip is that the rivet pin holding the whole assembly together isn't inserted far enough. Attempting to hammer the pin further in didn't do anything but I don't have a clamp setup to properly secure things, nor do I have a soldering iron that could potentially do the job. So jury's still out on whether this could actually fix the hip, but if anyone else with a bad hip wants to give it a go, that might be where to start.

• Like Like x 2
  7. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks good painted
    20240506_203955.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Hot sauce addict

I really have not had the left arm bicep issue others have had. It just takes a bit of force to tab in, and it's completely stable when posing.

9. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I never found pics of

Legacy United Tigerhawk tank mode

oh well
    20240518_004913.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

and that cockpit placement is PERFECT

• Like Like x 3
  11. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    personally I prefer the thing being closed on his chest panels, the gun is spaced enough for it to lock into the block on the chest panels
    as shown here Legacy United Leader Class Tigerhawk

• Like Like x 2
  12. unexistance

thanks for the reminder, I knew I've seen this before :D 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Abraxion

Abraxion Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Tigerhawk was one of my favorite figures as a kid so I can’t figure out why this guy doesn’t do it for me. I keep going back and forth on him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. unexistance

Buy know, regret(s) later :D  especially if you can get him below retail price

• Like Like x 2
  15. DDCWGD

DDCWGD Lurker Extaordinare!

Ebay:
    It comes down to the torso. It is trying to be accurate to the animation, but that makes the rest of the limbs look skinny, the hind claws cover less of area and look less integrated as armor, and the head look shrunken. Looking at the original toy, his arms and legs look relatively thick to his fairly square chest. Having the biceps built into the tiger head and cockpit also makes his arms seem overall bulkier over the way the Legacy figure's juts out. The original figure looks like a genuine, strong man, whereas the new figure looks like he's wearing a muscle suit or Kevlar. Couple that with the skirt being attached to the torso instead of the waist, making any hip rotation look awkward, along with the hips being too narrow, and the figure just looks half baked.

This was a case where they should have based it on to the original toy rather than trying to be slavishly show accurate. The sacrifices made to the to engineering in both modes to look like the show means each suffer for the other's sake, without either one being particularly good.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Abraxion

Abraxion Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Wow now that you point these things out I agree it’s all these little things added up

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    This is 1 the leader figures I’ve got from the last few years that doesn’t leave me thinking it’s just a smaller figure in a bigger box. This figure is without question a leader figure. Right hip on mine has a softer ratchet than the left. Neither has given out yet. Doesn’t feel like they will. Crossing fingers they won’t. If there’s a spring involved, a pin shouldn’t have been used to fasten them. I really hate when Hasbro/Takara use mere pins to fasten spring ratchets, sometimes the springs are a lot stronger than you’d think(and might only find out once the pin gives out which is unfortunately how I found out about this with Transformers figures).

Tolerances are tight for the cannons enough to the point where some of the slots are marred where the wings clip into the guns. I wish the battle mask from the original figure was retained. Some kind of wash would’ve brought out the scribing on the torso.

Transformation is largely intuitive without feeling complicated. Articulation here is better than the original though I wish it had wrist swivels and a cutout beneath the forearm to enable the wrist to swivel downwards without needing to unclip the forearm panel from the bottom. I prefer the colors and proportions here over the original toy.

Overall this is an impressive figure and hopefully the hip ratchets won’t give out.

• Like Like x 4
  18. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Managed to find Tigerhawk at retail somehow, figured I’d grab them and see if anyone here is looking for one.

Have 2 of them up for grabs. $60 plus shipping. :) 
    IMG_5399.jpeg
    (I will edit this post when they are claimed, so unless it says they’re sold I have em up)

Edit: 1 sold, 1 still available.

Last edited: May 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  19. JohnnyGundam

JohnnyGundam Well-Known Member

IMG_6610.jpeg I guess I was lucky and found this guy after all these months at target and it was brand new but the other copy and discounted down to $24.99 lol, he’s fun

• Like Like x 3
  20. JohnnyGundam

JohnnyGundam Well-Known Member

Yeah Jesus, I just saw his price on amazon that is insane