Legacy United Deluxe G1 Optimus Prime Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Skycutter, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Yes because I can see what he actually produced and compare it to what he stated.
    He is wrong.
    Period.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
  2. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Onyx Prime redeco confirmed......

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

It doesn't, but I really hate being told that I'm wrong about objective reality because of someone else's assumed infallibility.

4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I actually suggested it a while back in the primes thread, a predaking remold of Onyx would be a really smart usage and a good way to make both characters look like they should.

Like remold the wings, shoulders, and head from being a griffin to being a dragon and boom, tfp predaking. It would be a great way to make it a pre-tool that doesn’t sacrifice the aesthetics much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I've been saying for a year now that the only way Hasbro is going to get me to buy G1 all over again is to do toyetic styling. Not just the deco on animation style molds...actual toy style molds being used.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

I could get behind a subline like that.
    As a kid, the thing that got me hooked on transformers was the concept of realistic vehicles that converted into cohesive robots.
    Even in GoBots I preferred the more realistic alt modes over the weirder ones.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Ditto. I walked away from Transformers in 1987 as the brand moved more towards sci-fi stuff and began to embrace GIJoe instead (who also was doing something similar but it was just a lot cooler). The occasional sci-fi former wasn't bad, like Omega Supreme or Metroplex. But I didn't want the whole line to move in that direction. I felt like that should have been reserved for Godaikins (which I later came to understand was just a bunch of various mecha from different animes and Sentai programs).

I've come to appreciate some of the late G1 stuff now. But as a child, it was a crap move for Transformers.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree with this being a great way to do the 84-86 cast. I'd buy them. Also that way I can go back to hoping we get more earth mode figures for the later cast. I'd love to see what they'd do for an earth rodimus for example.

9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not the spirit of what I was thinking, this Prime is not a replica of the original G1 Prime, but very close with several modifications. I could see a G1 Gun Megatron that ironically does not change into a gun, but a tank, with other subtle changes like reducing the size of his package.

1000009805.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Action Masters was when they lost me back in 1990.
    I was good with everything up to that point because they were still good toys even though they went more sci-fi.
    (I guess 2005 seemed like a far off dream at the time, so I didn't mind the shift.)

The only figure I bough between 1990 and 2020 was Alternators Smokescreen.
    (And a stray TFA Snarl I found at Good Will.)

And it was Earthrise Cliffjumper that got me back into collecting.

Now this Legacy Prime pretty much brings everything full circle for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

I remain unconvinced that Hot Rod and Arcee have Cybertronian alt modes and not just "futuristic" Earth modes.

12. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I...really don't get what you're saying because if you do the G1 toy without the trigger crotch, modify him enough to give him mass retail proportions, and opt for a tank mode - you basically will end up with something like that Masterpiece figure.

Doing the spindly limbs of the G1 toy, on the other hand, should just be reserved for the ML version as the spindliness of those limbs are inherent to the fact he transforms into a gun, not a tank.

13. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I went back to collecting in G2, after they dragged out the Car Robots molds again. Completing Devastator was a treat, despite being half green and half yellow.

Then I started buying other people's Transformers collections on the cheap. At that time, many college aged students were just trying to dump their toys for quick cash.

So, yeah, G2 has a special place in my heart as the moment I began buying Transformers with my own money rather than relying on parents or relatives during birthdays or for doing chores.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I should of said modern alt modes(well relative to whatever era theyre trying to represent. . They're definitely just futuristic earthmodes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

I tried to convince myself once that it was the same case for Springer, but I couldn't do it.
    His alt modes are just a bit to out there.

16. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah but if Prime were designed in that way he would just be SS86, so some of the original jankiness must be maintained. If there's a ML version it will transform into a gun, and not receive a domestic release.

In Deluxe Prime's case the jankiness, includes the rather abrupt 90 degree change from abs to chest, the wheel waist and the entire front bumper pelvis. It modified the normal lanky and spindliness of his arms and thighs.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry what is wrong exactly? The “animation styled” ion blaster? Isn’t that what his gun looks like? The end looks modified to work with blast effect parts but looks like the gun to me but I’m also not exactly the most observant person.

I thought the figure came with a “toy” inspired and “animated” inspired blaster.

18. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed Collector | Core Class Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Bruh...

He does, they're trying to assert that the designer is incorrect and the second gun is just a slimmer version of the other one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2024
  19. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

The G1 Megatron toy is a little man made from chunks of a gun, far more than any other version or animation model. With the cartoon version there's enough wiggle room to force a passable tank out of, but it's just not going to work with the toy guy, he'd just be a different evergreen Megatron but with dollar store toy proportions to try to imitate the G1 toy vibe.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Mark said that one blaster is toy inspired and the other is animation inspired but they are both physically near perfect replicas of the two variant toy blasters.

1000009785.png This the blaster in the animation.
    Besides the tip being simplified into an actual barrel, most of the details have either been simplified, moved around, or removed entirely.

[​IMG] This is the original toy blaster, which was used as inspiration for the animation version.

1000009786.jpg This is the new DLX blaster, which is nearly identical to the original toy blaster.

[​IMG] This is the second toy blaster that was also included with various releases of the G1 toy.
    It's essentially a updated design with a longer, narrower barrel and lots of changes to the details.
    Arguably it's even less like the animation version than the original blaster is.

[​IMG] And lastly, this is the other DLX blaster, which is nearly identical to the second toy blaster.
    The only thing on this blaster that could be perceived as "animation inspired" is the fact that it has a straight clip in the same spot.
    Every other detail matches the 2nd toy blaster near perfectly, and the clip on this one isn't even the same shape and has details not present on the animation.

Both blasters are nearly identical to the previous G1 toy blasters.
    Therefore, neither can be construed as inspired by the animation version.

Mark said one was animation inspired, but neither one looks significantly like the animation version.
    Therefore, Mark is wrong.

• Like Like x 2