Legacy United Deluxe G1 Optimus Prime Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Skycutter, Jun 12, 2024.

1. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To sell to consumers

Man, I lose braincells reading comments like this. We have 3 different companies making 3 different toys for 3 totally different markets.

Something like that has been on the table at Hasbro for YEARS. But it always ends up being passed. Maybe this time's the charm.

Those would have been discounted as the price for ROTB deluxes in the US was $12.88

None, Optimus always sells well. Even if there are some staying on shelves for a while, come Christmas everything disapears.

No, it's part of the Legacy wave.

Optimus Prime and Bumblebee have sold more figures than any other character in the franchise, so you are (of course) correct.

Commander SS 86 Prime will be a new mold, as opposed to Earthrise Prime who was a retool. Also, there will be more going on with the trailer (size, deco, accessories, functionality).

• Like Like x 3
  2. Stratosphere

Stratosphere Well-Known Member

What's up with HasTak making all the new Optimus Prime toys a Deluxe eg. TF One Prime. This should be a Voyager.

3. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
    截圖 2024-06-13 上午10.38.53.png

• Like Like x 4
  4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    That turn around did me in. Despite how many of the original I have and being crazy enough to buy three MissingLink Convoys, I’m now excited to buy this one as well. The smaller size and molding differences are very appealing to me. Different articulation, a ball socket neck, and how the bumper flips up all give it a different flavor from the ML. Almost wish it were even smaller, scout size would’ve been cool.

It’s based on the original toy. The initial release has a thicker gun, but later releases were remolded to have a smaller nozzle. The hands were also remolded and the metal plates in the trailer removed. it’s common for the g1 toy reissues to include two guns to duplicate the change. They have slightly different shapes, which is most notable around the nozzle area.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I genuinely love this! I’m not sure why but missing link just kinda bounced off me. I appreciate what missing link did and I think it’s really cool for the fans who had the original G1 toy but this somehow captures my attention more and feel more playable. I feel like the missing link stuff is still meant to be part of a collection and this Legacy figure is just meant to capture what the original G1 figure was - a toy.

I’m excited for this!

• Like Like x 4
  6. sixthrowshot

sixthrowshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's kind of hard not to think of this fandom as chronically...sardonic, when we're presented with what's clearly a Deluxe Class figure, with a factual size reference, and some people still instinctively go, "LOL, this is a Core Class figure, being sold at the Deluxe Class price point."

Like, unless you genuinely don't know how big the original G1 Optimus Prime figure, and/or Legacy's Deluxe Class box is, you kind of have to deliberately choose to be cynical, to think that, y'know?

• Like Like x 11
  7. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

The light piping and matrix aren't great, but for under half the cost of the missing link cab he's doing a pretty good job.

Who do we want next in this style?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's going to surprise some people with how small he's going to be at a current normal deluxe size. I had my Huffer out with my ER Prime's trailer and I'm guessing that the cab portion of Prime will be a little bit bigger than Huffer's but not by much.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I see it like this: Missing Link is meant to feel like the original toy with modern articulation, whereas this Deluxe Prime is meant to feel like a modern toy with the original's look. They're both scratching two close, but still separate, itches.

• Like Like x 14
  10. garrythegremlin

garrythegremlin Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Realistically probably next Soundwave. Ideally however? Pepsi Convoy you cowards.

• Like Like x 4
  11. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

[​IMG]
    I can feel it, his time to be reborn is upon us. They won't complete all the seekers in the earthrise or siege mold, but a new deluxe mold based on the og toy? I can feel it in my blood, he is coming

• Like Like x 6
  12. TheRazorSlash

TheRazorSlash Well-Known Member

I have the Missing Link already but I think I'll grab this too. He has some proportional tweaks that really help him out and he'd obviously look better in a Generations display.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZeeWave

ZeeWave [once in a blue shift]

News Credits:
    Tried my hand at a Mags:
    deluxe magnus.png

Also did a version with the stickers because why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    deluxe magnus with stickers.png

• Like Like x 22
  14. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  15. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed 100%.

They're showing him next to G1 Prime in one of those shots, who is 6 inches tall. Best guess is this new one is 5 inches, which would be a smaller deluxe. More importantly, it's a new scale that does not align with WFC/SS. Unless I'm mistaken, that's unique to the Legacy line so far.

I almost wish they had released this with unique packaging, separate from Legacy altogether. It should've been a true 40th anniversary release, and Commander Optimus could've held down the Legacy banner..

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've taken some pictures to help with those who are trying to puzzle out the size. Some in other camera positions to account for the lens distortion:

SizeComp.png SizeComp2.png SizeComp3.png SizeComp4.png SizeComp5.png

• Like Like x 4
  17. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    It's been a while since I've posted on the boards, but I HAD TO get my voice in.

Man, this figure is like... SO CLOSE to being such a perfect representation of Prime.

If only it had been a Voyager size, and... if only the front bumper could fold back to give him a slimmer profile.

"But it'd mess up the homage!" The homage is already messed up with how much articulation is in the feet. Adding hinges to slim down the profile would have made it better!

... Well, to me at least.

18. sixthrowshot

sixthrowshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is a fair assessment! From what I've seen, he's roughly within the same height range, as the Siege Sideswipe mold, which is already quite significantly taller, than Kingdom Huffer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do think people who aren't used to the recent Generations figures might be taken by surprise, but, otherwise, it seems to be a fairly, "normal," Deluxe Class figure, in terms of size. It ain't a Core Class figure, that's for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  19. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Same. I think my problem with Missing Link is, while I love it and think it’s gorgeous, it’s also kinda awkward because they’re basically retrofitting modern…ish articulation onto a toy from the 70s. Whereas this figure is a modern figure designed to BE a modern figure that takes its design aesthetic from the toy from the 70s. And as someone who prefers the toy aesthetic over the toon, this is EXACTLY the sort of modern figure I want.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1