Legacy United Cybertron Universe Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ziltama, Mar 14, 2024.

1. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

1000003252.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

First one I got was great on QC

3. JohnnyGundam

JohnnyGundam Well-Known Member

Just got mine in and idk, either my QC is bad on this copy, or people are over hyping the toy. I love the new figure looking at it, but the right shoulder keeps popping out on me just rotating it, why is there an extended hole socket where it goes??? It’s not for transformation at all from what I see, just pointless and hurts the figure. Tried pressing it in further and it’s not like I’m missing a locking in feature. Between this and the armada starscream, both have bad QC/builds of their shoulders and I don’t like messing with them. Shame cause I love both designs since I was a kid. This problem seems solvable, unlike the armada scream who’s arms are just a floppy mess and don’t lock in at all, hate that figure. And no one ever made 3D printed pieces to wedge in the shoulders to lock them in???

• Like Like x 1
  4. The_Boxman

The_Boxman Actively inactive.

News Credits:
    Been loving this figure, but after having it a couple of days, the forearm has unfortunately been victim to some paint chipping. This is specifically where the forearm comes in contact with the shoulder armor in jet mode and quite frankly, I don't think this would have happened if they had put a small tab/slot connection in that very spot for more stability in alt mode. Every time I convert it back and forth the arms have more movement than I'd like and they end up shifting around a bit when attaching the legs. Thankfully, I'm able to get a replacement via Amazon, but I figured I would post this as a cautionary tale for everyone.

Attached Files:

5. Mercurius

Mercurius Lights your darkest hour

Got the figure, overall really enjoy him, though I wish the shoulder blade pieces could swivel/rotate outwards a bit, similar to Galaxy Meteor, so that the blades were a bit more functional. I know I can move them to the forearms, but I'd rather not have to do so. I hope some third party makes a simple hinge piece that can be an intermediary between the shoulders and the wing blade sections so that they get some mobility.

• Like Like x 1
  6. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One coat of clear nail polish on the connecting pieces fixed the issue right up for me.

7. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This has to be the best starscream ever released in the chug line
    IMG20240423153738.jpg IMG20240423153714.jpg IMG20240423153439.jpg IMG20240423153139.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

So, yeah. After having this guy for about a week, I'm pretty damn pleased.

He poses as well as I could possibly imagine and looks great in really dynamic poses. The removeable null ray/blades is such an elegantly simple solution for making the figure a lot more fun and does a lot to assuage my issue with the arm blades otherwise being not long enough to be useful.

I have absolutely no issues with his alt-mode to the point that I genuinely don't understand what there is to complain about. I think the landing skid assembly genuinely look good. I have to admit the transformation itself is... inelegant (I feel like I'm just moving stuff at random until finding where it seems to find a resting point) but I genuinely like the outcome.

I understand issues with the Cyber Planet key for those that care. I... do not care in the slightest. I wish the blades were a bit longer and that the turrets moved, but I understand why neither of those was in the cards.

I do have some... kinda intangible issues with him. While my QC has been good so far and he holds any pose, even when shaking, some of his joints feel too easy to move. His waist and right shoulder in particular. They feel like they should be loose, but they hold whatever pose I put them in, it's just really easy to move them. Ditto one of the forearm mechanisms. I haven't had any issues with it staying closed but it feels like it's being held shut by hopes and dreams. None of these issues are actually affecting the figure now, but they all feel like they could be a problem down the line.

I don't know if I'm missing something but unclipping the canopy from the back for transformation into jet mode is the scariest thing I've ever done to transform a figure. It really feels like I'm breaking something every time.

I have no affinity for the character and... I dunno. I might throw a G2 Decepticon logo on him and consider him a Cybertronian lackey of Jhiaxus or something.

I think this is my favorite toy of any Tetrajet incarnation. All for a figure from a show I've never seen.

• Like Like x 5
  9. pantsmaniac

pantsmaniac Well-Known Member

So that's what caused it. I have a small chip in that same spot and couldn't figure out how it happened.
    The arm transformation to altmode is the one thing I dislike about this toy. Those pegs on his sides needed to be hexagonal so they lock the arms in place.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Got this guy a few days ago, and based on his robot mode alone he's a contender for toy of the year.

Unfortunately my copy at least has arms that don't tab solidly for alt mode, which leave the whole thing feeling kinda floppy and not as swooshable as I'd like. It's still pretty solid, but it's a bummer to have the arms mush out of place almost every time I pick him up. I appreciate the extra storage spot for his gun under the legs in vehicle mode, but it's a bummer that it comes at the cost of giving him a box under the jet mode at all times. It's nice that you have the option of storing it there or tabbing it into the top of the tetrajet tail to help beef up the weaponized mode though. I love the way he looks with the gun and both swords deployed in vehicle mode, as impractical as it would be. In spite of that, the whole alt mode in general just feels a little more inelegant than I'd like; it has the general shape of Cybertron/Galaxy Force Starscream on top, but bogs it down with a strange amount of height.

That extra vehicle mode height means that there's some mass there for robot mode though, and leaves us with an amazing and tall update to Cybertron Screamer. He's taller than Reactivate Optimus at the wingtips, is extremely well molded, and has articulation at almost every point you could ask - even finding a way to fit a waist swivel into the cockpit section. I wish his lower legs had paint as they're a complete mass of gray, but at least the molding helps to break up the sculpt and give the illusion of other colors.

I love the inclusion of the cyber planet key and don't mind that it's much smaller than it was in relation to the original toy; this helps it hide innocuously in the back in both modes, and I love the way it looks tabbed into the back of the gun. It's fantastic to have a modern toy that has basically hidden storage for all of its accessories in both modes as well; I'm glad to not have more parts to chuck into The Bin.

Overall I'd give this an 8.5/10, it's great but another design pass and a little more budget could've elevated it to amazing.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

This is just one of the funnest TF toys I've had in a while. It's also the first Voyager I've paid full price for in a while (the great Ross-ening has utterly destroyed my sense of value for TFs) but I feel like I got every penny worth here.

1000011375.jpg 1000011348.jpg 1000011347.jpg 1000011344.jpg 1000011343.jpg 1000011342.jpg 1000011346.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  12. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

Anyone have excessive plastic and warping on the back main hinge to hide his head? Very concerned! 20240501_141322.jpg

13. Mercurius

Mercurius Lights your darkest hour

Mine pops out almost every time I transform him unless I'm really careful. Tempted to try and drill into the hinge and install a pin to keep it from popping out during transformation. I wouldn't be surprised if I see some plastic fatigue from having to put it back in all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

Mines doing the same! That might be what I'll have to do

15. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda funny how the only con logo on the whole figure is on the cyber planet key. Is that accurate to the show?

16. IGEBM

IGEBM The Loremaster

No, he had them on his wings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  17. IGEBM

IGEBM The Loremaster

Nope, it's on all the copies

For some reason, the designers decided to make the clip crazy tight

• Like Like x 3
  18. Denzimus

Denzimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How powerful is this character?

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pre-super form? Took on all the Earth Autobots solo and beat them, only stopped by LigerConvoy but still got away with the chip square.

Super form got thrashed by Primus, and put up a solid fight against Galvatron but was ultimately warped into another universe in their final clash. I think their combined attacks ripped open a dimension hole or something.

Super form is much stronger than any of the Autobots from that series.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I was just really bummed by how limp the booster pieces feel? I normally try not to let myself be bothered by hollow parts because in most cases its just how mass and space gets allocated. But they're just so hollow! and the lack of a joint on them to let them swing out and get his Galaxy Meteor on is me being a little spoiled by a toy thats triple this one's cost. Having said all that, I do kind of like the plug and play aspect of their design. Having a peg floating with a bunch of space around it means these things can end up on a lot of different figures, which is neat!

Because the rest of this thing rules. I quite enjoyed Silverbolt and Animated Optimus but Starscream has a transformation thats just utterly frictionless to me. When I figured out how to store the gun the alt mode gained a star, it just feels complete and fun. He gives hella LEGO Space Theme in the way you can just WOOSH him around like an idiot in your living room for half an hour like I did. He cuts a good pose and feels like he spreads his budget into the precise areas to pull off a very admirable take on a Generations 2024 Cybertron Starscream without taking any shortcuts. Initially I was put off by the greys used, but they work well with the look of the rest of the figure in person.

I know its a little boring to heap praise on a thing folks seem to like so Ill end with one negative. He kind of sits terribly in the SS86 Starscream Chair.

• Like Like x 2