Legacy United Core Class Tasmania Kid

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Lazerwave, Dec 3, 2023.

1. tjmd

tjmd aka Manoiki

News Credits:
    Original Toy colors as a Buzzworthy Bumblebee release, copy TK as a Gen Selects release and Bound Rogue as a retail release, please.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TechnicalJim

TechnicalJim Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tasmania Kid has Jesus stigmatas for some reason.

3. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

It's really cool how this little guy has wrist and ankle articulation, not to mention the Carpenteresque body horror you can create with how the the Tasmanian decil head splits and the jaw dislocates as part of his transformation. Would also love to see a Scylla, even just as a standalone figure, especially if she comes with an alternative kissy face for her squid mode. A new Scuba would be nice too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Starsqueak

Starsqueak Well-Known Member

That's too bad. But thanks anyway!

Guess I'll just have to wait until I get it myself!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Not Beast related, but here is a comparison with G1 characters.
    DSCN9751.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  6. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Looks good.

Now make some more Core class that fit with the deluxes; don't upsize Brawn, Beachcomber, etc. for no reason.

For a fandom that REALLY cares about scale, it's absolutely amazing how often Hasbro gives us the middle finger.

Here's core Megatron, cuz f*ck you! Core Cosmos in a cartoon accurate sculpt? Nah, here's Soundwave with a non-converting tape.

7. bigmetalrobotman

bigmetalrobotman Member

I don\'t have any screen caps for comparison, but I feel Tas should be on par with Cheetor with height. The tasmanian devil is probably in more or less scale. Anything with beast wars is a purchase from me! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Omegaclaw

Omegaclaw HGFDJUYIYFTDRGYUIYGFTDX

News Credits:
    i dont want really tiny compromised versions of the minibots and i actually like what theyre doing with them. also tasmania kid looks awesome, id get him but uh, priorities (tidal wave tidal wave tidal wave tidal wave tidal wave)

• Like Like x 5
  9. Scornstream

Scornstream Dinobot Seeker

Still hesitant to purchase this guy when he hits shelves as I can't trust Takara to not release a better deco later on now. That said, I hope we get a Snarl redeco of this with a new head (the new head is extremely important), he is NOT the same as Tasmania Kid's animation model. Bound Rogue as a redeco of that would also be nice.
    [​IMG]

The Minibots DO NOT belong in Core-class. Honestly, it kind of sucks that the Cliffbee mold is smaller than the others, they would have been better at the same larger size. A Deluxe character who SHOULD have been Core class though is Road Rocket and the upcoming Road Pig.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Since there is no early video reviews for Tasmania Kid (Especially none from PrimevsPrime), I'd thought I'd show a few pictures of how he Transforms.

Tasmania Kid, Maximize!
    DSCN9771.JPG DSCN9772.JPG DSCN9773.JPG DSCN9774.JPG DSCN9775.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  11. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    Ok, enough with this naming method. Imagine poor grandma in Walmart, doing holiday shopping for her grandkid, trying to ask for Transformers Legacy United Core Class Beast Wars II Universe Tasmania Kid .

Hasbro knows CHUGGERTS (or whatever the full crazy acronym is) is just an inside fan term, right?

12. Scornstream

Or you know, they could just say "transformers tasmanian" and the employees would still know exactly what they're talking about.

In terms of non-issues, this is perhaps the nonnest of non-issues to ever be a non-issue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Nice review! Still want these guys in their proper scale, but it is what it is.

Quickstrike will be severely compromised if he has a Core class budget. But that's what Deluxe if for with these smaller characters, aye? To give 'em a little oomph.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Starsqueak

Starsqueak Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Meh, I wouldn't count on it. To be fully honest, when I got this I called that Walmart. With no UPC code, I tried describing them. At first they said they had Megatron and Bouldercrasher. But I told them I'm looking for Tasmania Kid, waited on phone for long time only to have them say, Online only! Later that day, I called the same store and got someone else. I described it the same way. Sure enough, she found all 3.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scornstream

Yeah but in that case, neither the full name or a simpler description would have worked. IDK how it works in the states, but over here if you asked for that they would simply point you to the Transformers section or check the storeroom if what you're looking for isn't there and you ask nicely (and I assume the average retail worker is fully capable of reading the word "tasmania" on the box).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    I knew this would fly over peoples’ heads.

18. GrievousII

GrievousII Member

As a Australian Collector I feel obligated to pick this guy up...despite not having no other Beastformers in my collection.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

In fiction, Road Rocket and Road Pig are both pretty big characters, though. Carbot size, they absolutely tower over Minibots. Core class them (outside of 'hey its a Legends') would be way too small for 'em and I, for one, would just be requesting a Deluxe

Like, not only are they bigger, notable "Has been repainted from both characters" Sideways, but in fiction they've been just giant motorbikes for other characters, ala the Junkions, and show up in that 'Smaller than Soundwave but bigger than Bumblebee' size. S'why Cliff and Bee are small, that's how they are in fiction

Anywho, glad to see this one show up. Looks a lot closer to a tassie devil than the original did for sure

• Like Like x 2
  20. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do you got energon megatron bro?

• Like Like x 1