Legacy: United Commander Magmatron BTS coming soon from Mark Maher

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SHIELD Agent 47, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I generally think Jetfire is a perfect first Commander because most of his gimmick is "Big Man". I also think he'll be the tallest Commander because of this. All of the other ones have gone for multi part gimmicks that lend themselves to more complex transformations and gimmicks that go where Jetfire simply didnt need to because of his simple (but incredibly effective!) design.

I had assumed Magmatron would be Kingdom Megatron sized but bulkier, I feel no way about his size and am only opening this rabbit hole because the shot of him next to Jetfire made me think about how he serves as both the starting point and unfortunate measuring stick for all Commanders going forward.

I hope his release overseas means those Amazon dates start moving up domestically!

• Like Like x 4
  2. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    So much angst about size and folks’ thoughts on size… If the mere mention of something being smaller than expected dements you then look inward about that, gents, look inward.

If it’s any consolation, it’s not the size of the bot that matters, it’s all about how you peg in the tabs.

• Like Like x 4
  3. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Getting accused on the astrotrain express

Wait isn’t armada prime the tallest?

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I would love the other Beast combiners too but I feel like it would have to be a Haslab or 6 separate released figures.

5. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Look man, the only size comparison I saw was with figures I didn’t own. I was just slightly disappointed he was like a head shorter than I imagined. That’s it. I still want it, idk why you made a big deal of it.
    Well then, that’s certainly some loathing you have for me. I really don’t get the point in having this much negativity towards a random guy on the internet you haven’t met, but cool you do you. I’m sorry you don’t like whatever patterns I apparently have, but I assure you I am not doing anything with any malice or snide insinuations. I often suck at communicating things well.

I’m sure you’re a cool dude, I’d rather not get heated or have some beef between us over some toys.

• Like Like x 5
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. Armada Prime is only 10" when in Super Mode. Jetfire and Menasor hit the 12" mark.

Look, I really dislike making things about people, rather than the toys, but you've been told these things before by people other than me. You have this way of accentuating the negative that always looks to bring the mood down, even when things are otherwise super-positive. It gives you a disingenuous edge, even if you claim that to be unintentional.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    What's funny is, because the toy came before the show, the show gave him the same proportions.

upload_2024-4-12_8-0-10.png

You almost have to retain much of the original concept since Ironhide was what held the entire combo together.

Maybe cheat a bit and really lean in to his bulk?

upload_2024-4-12_8-2-27.png

Dunno if they could give his bot mode waist swivel, but have that explode in to a bunch of panels that help build up and stabilize the torso?

• Like Like x 6
  8. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Getting accused on the astrotrain express

Ah yes I see thank you

9. JasonTFW2005

JasonTFW2005 Well-Known Member

Looks pretty cool. I'll be getting him since he is spiritual successor to megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I don't mean for them to completely revamp his character design. But there's embellishments that could be made, like giving him actual hands. I'm just wondering how far they could possibly go with that.

I definitely don't think giving him a waist swivel is a possibility. His transformation mechanism there is not so dissimilar from Armada Prime, and there was no way they could make it work for him, at a much larger size and budget than would be allowed to Santon.

• Like Like x 2
  11. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    We are so back

• Like Like x 2
  12. BtheBlackMage

BtheBlackMage Probably (not) a wizard

News Credits:
    So envious to everyone who's gotten this, happy for all of you! Magmatron is looking to be my favorite commander so far! (now all I need is to wait, it's still not on CA Amazon for some reason.)

13. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    This doesn’t suit my aesthetic tastes, but aside from that it looks like a nicely-designed figure. Good sculpt, heroic proportions, nice details. For those interested in the character and style, this looks like a win.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Whovastron

Whovastron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Black Convoy not Asia mate, these ones came from InDemandToys in England

• Like Like x 1
  15. SharkticonGod

SharkticonGod Bad Comedy

News Credits:
    Can't wait to find this at Ross or Ollies for $19.99

• Like Like x 4
  16. JasonTFW2005

JasonTFW2005 Well-Known Member

Wut? That won't happen

• Like Like x 7
  17. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks fantastic. Not £90 fantastic however. I can wait for a discount!

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I wonder if they'd be able to do soemthing where he has his normal elephant feet in beast mode and then the robot hands are something that's like halfway to Magnaboss's feet. So he's got something there (like the animated character) but still not much more than Kingdom Dinobot.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Pretty impressive, but not a character or design I need to have, personally. His size next to the recent beast Megatrons looks good, but really highlights how bad we need a TM Megs in this line. TM Primal is conspicuously absent as well, I sort of wonder if they've got a TM wave planned for 2026, given the lack of nearer term rumors and the 30 year anniversary of the BW premier. Do something special/premium with Rampage, Depth Charge, TM Megs and Primal, etc, to capture the transmetal look and really cap the BW updates.

Also need a big Convey, that'd be a killer Commander.

20. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Those sort of clearance-outlet finds have only really been happening reliably with tail-enders, when the major retailers have over-ordered so much stock from earlier in the year that later assortments don't make it to the shelves.

Stuff from earlier in the year just tends to sell out nowadays.

So, counting on that happening like you could 10-15 years ago has become a bit of a (losing) gamble.

The animation model obviously just telescopes the elephant toenails out like they're claws, but I doubt that could be replicated as a toy.

On the original toy, what I'd do was at least hinge the foot out so that the 5mm port was perpendicular to the arm. No fist details sculpted there, but I could imagine.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 5