Legacy United Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jalen Gatton07, Sep 18, 2023.

1. PaulK80

PaulK80 Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Why didn’t anyone tell me that United deluxe wave 1 was available on Pulse?!?! Stumbled across them Thursday morning at 6am looking to see if SS86 Frenzy was in stock yet. And by 11am I was notified that my order had “Left the building.” And leaving Thursday from IL and me living in IN, it was at my door at 4pm Friday afternoon. So now, I’ve got the 4 deluxe for the start of next year and yet have never had a chance at Beachcomber ‍♂️

image.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. PaulK80

PaulK80 Deceptibot

Ebay:
    “Roll to the Rescue”
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  3. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  4. nune

nune neurospicy-flavored blitzwing fanatic (ey/em)

News Credits:
    in the Hasbro designers' basement. Hi, Mark!
    Instagram:
    Small.
    upload_2023-12-23_13-24-18.png

• Like Like x 9
  5. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wave 1 - complete.

chasecomp.png

winbladecomp.png

EnergonMegsComp.png

• Like Like x 11
  6. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd talk to your assistant, you should be CC'd on all memos...

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    box lump of coal 2023.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  8. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just 2 more to go IMG_2131.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  9. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    unigalvy.png

• Like Like x 8
  10. linkinparkirony

linkinparkirony #1 NFT Hater

News Credits:
    liking her more than i expected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  11. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  12. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I wanted to talk about this new masterpiece.

[​IMG]

Legacy Animated Optimus Prime's vehicle mode is pretty neat, is somehow even more accurate than the original Voyager toy despite of having somewhat different proportions. One of the most interesting aspects are the moulded details the replicate the inside of the cab that are reminiscent of how it looked in the cartoon, they didn't need to add this since you can only notice it during transformation but the fact that is there shows the appreciation to the Animated cartoon. Yes, the feet look odd in this mode but come on, so did in every previous Animated Optimus toy.

[​IMG]

Even more impressive is the robot mode which is simply incredible, very reminiscent of how he looked in the cartoon and with excellent articulation to boot, it has all what you would want from a modern toy and then some. The axe is pretty great as well although I wish he could hold it better since it fits a little loose in his hands but the fact that it has a port for blast effects is appreciated. What I find more interesting though is the transformation between both modes, this transforms very differently, not only from previous Animated Optimus toys but also from pretty much every single Optimus, the engineering is very inventive and clever since at one point you might not know what to do but later it becomes very intuitive, the way how the hands hide while also covering the gaps makes me wish they replicate it in future Optimus toys.

[​IMG]

And here he is with the original which was a fantastic toy for his time and it still is but it starts to show its age. The below the knee rotation is pretty worthless and the spinning waist gimmick was terrible from day one but it gets worse and worse with time. Legacy Animated Optimus has none of those flaws and has extra posability to boot (and even things the original lacked like covering the arms). About the weapons, everyone complained about the axe in the original but I don't know, I always liked it and it integrated nicely in the vehicle mode while the water gun was fun (and I don't know where I put it), that being said, the axe in the Legacy toy is simply much more accurate. More surprising though is that the Legacy figure is not as small compared to the original which is surprising considering how budgets have been reduced over the years (and you could make a case they were at their peak during the original Animated line) and it still feels extremely solid.

[​IMG]

Finally, here he is with the rest of the modern Animated toys. While Prowl and Bumblebee have their issues, I just can't find any big fault in Animated Optimus, is just a great update to the first figure and easily one of the best Optimus toys ever, one of the best Voyagers in recent years actually. I can not wait to see this repainted into Motormaster and maybe others (although I hope they give Animated Motormaster a sword).

Now I hope DNA Designs also does upgrade sets for both Optimus and Bumblebee just like they did with Prowl.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  13. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    IMG_2089.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  14. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    megsgalvy.png

• Like Like x 12
  15. nune

nune neurospicy-flavored blitzwing fanatic (ey/em)

News Credits:
    in the Hasbro designers' basement. Hi, Mark!
    Instagram:
    Bumbler squad!
    5wf699.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  16. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Got my first Legacy: United offering in the form of Bouldercrash. Not a figure I intended to grab, but I figure I do dig the rocks and have some Christmas money soo…

He’s a fun little lad. I dig all the molded details, truly does feel very rock-y. The transformation is fun too, offering just enough of interesting elements at the core size and price point to be genuinely fun. I also dig the weapon, giant blade gun thing. He feels really good in the hands too. Definitely would recommend.

Now just for Bumblebee, Optimus, and Windblade for wave 1. The deluxes still say June at Amazon so I’ve some time watching everybody get theirs lol. Not too bad, means money I don’t have to spend any time soon.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    IMG_2095.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    That's what I call a Modern Stone Age Vehicle!
    stoneage vehicle.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  19. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    And it finally arrived.

[​IMG]

Legacy Tigerhawk is here and there's a lot to comment about it. First of all, the beast mode is surprisingly accurate, to the point that it even includes details that were just seen a few times in the show like the little orb in his neck (that I guess was meant to represent the TM2 spark) and while some of the new details are a bit weird, like the skinny hawk legs at the back, it makes sense he has them considering the Kingdom BW style of having "realistic" beast modes (as realistic as a technorganic fusion between a tiger and a hawk can be). The tiger head being a bit lower than it should be is easily fixed once you open the panel at the top thankfully.

The transformation is another topic since it can be... complex to say the least. It requires a lot of necessary steps to go from one mode to the other (especially from robot to beast mode) and it can seem a bit finicky at times. I wouldn't say is bad but it's certainly involved and I don't know if it makes me want to transform it too many times.

[​IMG]

However, one can't argue with results since both modes look pretty good. The robot mode is very reminiscent of his look in the show. Is cool that they were able to replicate some gimmicks from the toy like deploying the cannons and using the feather missiles as melee weapons was a nice change, in fact this has a lot of accessories compared to other big Leader Class toys. There are a few flaws though, the "hollow" wings don't bother me much but the cannons being so hollow can be a bit of an eyesore, I guess this was the cost of having so many weapons. That being said, what bothers me the most is the lack of wrist articulation and I don't even understand why it lacks it since this could have been easily fixed by adding balljoints instead of a hinge when hiding the hands.

[​IMG]

Here he is with another recent Leader Class toy. While Legacy Prime Skyquake is a little taller, Legacy Tigerhawk definitely feels heftier. Not to mention that the amount of parts and accessories Tigerhawk has do give it more value and that's without even talking about the transformation which makes Legacy Skyquake's look very simplistic in comparison.

[​IMG]

Finally, here he is with his rival Legacy TM2 Megatron and yes, I do wish that Legacy Tigerhawk was a little bigger but they still look good together and again, once you have Tigerhawk in hand you do notice its value (the wings for example are huge compared to Megatron's).

Legacy Tigerhawk is not perfect but is definitely worth the Leader Class price and I'm glad I got it since this thing is apparently selling out fast. I hope we see Razorclaw from him soon (and that we eventually see a Commander Class Optimal Optimus).

• Like Like x 6
  20. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So… stupid question, do the Infernac characters not have factions assigned to them? I’ve tossed my packaging, but the Pulse listings don’t seem to give them one.