Legacy Skids and Bulkhead revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Oct 20, 2021.

1. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Remember the Kingdom figure concept art that looked nothing like the finished figures? Concept art is not the same as an initial figure design, it's basically gives the design team a goal to get as close to as possible in their budget. I do think it could be possible that the back panel is mistransformed though. Promo photographers are notorious for bad transformations. This is still the main promo pic for X-Spanse, even on Pulse.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wonder if the official figure is able to replicate the look of the hood behind the head thingy, when I looked again at the CG render image it looks like it can, but not much

• Like Like x 3
  3. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    The arms being bigger definitely works, but not the shortening of legs. That disproportionate part of his design element is strictly from the design aesthetic from Animated and Prime and shouldn't carry over to a standard design. I think something that could help though would be large, chunky boots instead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    Idk why compared to the CHUG figs of the wfc trilogy, something seems off to me about these two. Some of the wfc figures geniunely felt like mini masterpieces.

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm fine with Barricade from Prowl and as long as Knockout has a good headsculpt and a good new car mode I'm sure I'll be quite happy with him too, but they'd better not do Sunstreaker as Lockdown or Drift as Springer. Those would be too far even for me. The others can still capture the spirit of the character even if they don't get all the details right, bot those two would just be totally wrong in every way.
    I don't even need her to be that feminine aside from her face sculpt, just give her new parts for her torso, wings, and lower legs like the Coneheads got inspired by the Animated design. (But I would only want it to be the ER mold, I really don't like the Siege mold much.)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I can’t unsee it now, Legacy Bulkhead’s silhouette reminds me of G1 Ironhide and Ratchet

• Like Like x 2
  7. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the difficulty here is that Bulkhead had to pass through several lenses, if you will, to be turned into a "G1" version. All of the G1 toys were figures with weird proportions, but when they got rendered for the comic books and TV show, they were altered to have much more human and heroic proportions. The most recent CHUG style figures in the War for Cybertron series were trying to replicate the humanoid and heroic look of the G1 figures in the comics and cartoon show, back into toy form. I think that's what they're going for with this Bulkhead; if you took Animated and Prime Bulkhead, and then you let the Marvel artists from the 80s reimagine him in more humanoid heroic proportions. Sort of like what they did with G1 Wheeljack; giving him longer legs and much shorter arms.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Ah, now I got you. Yeah, that RTS Lugnut and Lockdown was fire and doing Bulkhead like that would've been aces.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does this mean you've heard more about the Velicotron line? Do you know how much retooling Override has yet? She's the one I'm most nervously anticipating.

• Like Like x 1
  10. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    They look okay to me. 
    Skids evokes Skids, although l find the detail work on the front end/grill a little ...... Lego-ey?

Bulkhead took a minute to process as it looks like tbe arms and legs of one figure, the head of another and the boxy torso of yet another. 
    i think though after looking at him a bit more, I think the real disconnect for me is tbat the head is too \"Primish\", for the hard edges of the figure overall. Maybe if they would have sculpted a more sqiarish G1 like Prime head but kept the main features (helmet head, underbite...etc) it would convey better. 

Decent figure though, not likely to end up in my collection and it makes sense to start the ball rolling with the figures tbat may be more underwhelming than the Friday reveals. 

I am.not too keen on the Energon style clear weapons but l am open to seeing more fore sure. 

11. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have a feeling the supposed "Amazon Prime" figure will be remarkably close to Laser Magnus, albeit probably with the Earthrise trailer.

12. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    They look okay to me. 
    Skids evokes Skids, although l find the detail work on the front end/grill a little ...... Lego-ey?

Bulkhead took a minute to process as it looks like tbe arms and legs of one figure, the head of another and the boxy torso of yet another. 
    i think though after looking at him a bit more, I think the real disconnect for me is tbat the head is too \"Primish\", for the hard edges of the figure overall. Maybe if they would have sculpted a more sqiarish G1 like Prime head but kept the main features (helmet head, underbite...etc) it would convey better. 

Decent figure though, not likely to end up in my collection and it makes sense to start the ball rolling with the figures tbat may be more underwhelming than the Friday reveals. 

I am.not too keen on the Energon style clear weapons but l am open to seeing more fore sure. 

13. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Neat, I hope this means he has a proper back end in car mode. And I hope his windshield can be moved up behind his head in robot mode.

14. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks great, the final toy is dreadful compared to this, what happened?

15. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Yeah, I think Bulkhead is gonna end up being one of those toolings people don\'t like as the actual guy, but they love when it\'s redecoed or retooled into someone else. Sorta like T30 IDW Bumblebee or TR Blurr, where it\'s just a solid base that people use to create other figures from.

There\'s a lot of reshell potential for the truck mode. Turn that canopy thing into a garbage masher and you\'ve got RB Salvage or Animated Wreck-Gar or AOE Junkyard. Turn it into a tow rig and you\'ve got Wrecker Hook. Turn it into a tanker shell and you can do Toxitron (yes please).  Personally, I\'d like to see it really heavily retooled into Snow Cat (and then a Selects version in Tiger Force colors, please.)

Bulkhead has just traditionally been built like an NFL linebacker, damn near as wide as he is tall, so this \"swole G1 Optimus\" build is a little offputting.

• Like Like x 4
  16. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    I really want GS Reboost.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

As a wild-ass guess, this is probably the first wave of toys where COVID-19 and its consequences directly impacted the design and development process (material shortages, supply line issues, etc.)

In other words, welcome to the new normal.

• Like Like x 4
  19. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Save for a few combiners I think the entire 84-86 cartoon cast will be released by the end of Legacy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    Have we not, like, ever compared design sketches versus final product before?

Like, they're never the same, and the design sketches always look better, always always.

• Like Like x 9