Legacy Skids and Bulkhead revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Oct 20, 2021.

1. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    D'OH! Well hope it shows up on 'Pulse.

2. Chadderbug

Chadderbug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Same, especially the fact that Knockout's gonna be a retool of SS86 Jazz and not give him his own mold. He needs a good toy, but not like that.

3. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Skids is awful, he looks like a legends scale figure. Bulkhead could have been a lot better.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I find the paint job on his shield funny. It's trying to ape being a tarp, but it's bristling with ports and mechanical features. I hope to see a really classy deco someday covering for that as bits poking out of the tarp vs the unpainted base color.

5. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

As a premium first preorder

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Really looking forward to the Stunticons. Can they really inprove this.
    upload_2021-10-20_13-44-37.png

into this.
    upload_2021-10-20_13-44-58.png

• Like Like x 6
  7. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro actually make a Salvage retool. I'd be down for some Rescue Bots in the Generations line.

• Like Like x 2
  8. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    Indeedy. My gut says he's going to be a compromise, instead of an out-and-out proper Nightbeat with the original G1 transformation (since he's one of the characters where the transformation scheme is important; torches welded onto his wrists is kinda useful for a detective)

And y'know what? That's fine by me. An updated Nightbeat is better than no Nightbeat. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I like how the tarp is a tarp on on side but then inverts in to an actual metal shield.

I dunno if Hasbro will jump in to this anytime soon. Rescue Bots has done a lot of work to define itself away from combat. Even the villains are defeated with a combination of teamwork and clever use of tools/equipment.

They may shy away from giving the likes of Whirl and Wedge blasters, even as the audience from that show starts to grow in to Generations.

I think the only real crossover was Blurr in the RiD 2015 line. Other than that they've hesitated to bring in anyone else. And any characters from the mainline that showed up on Rescue Bots were used as teachers, not fighters.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lenimusprime

lenimusprime Well-Known Member

I love Bulkhead I can\'t wait, I wish he was an suv, but this still works almost as if they were talking ques from animated as well. This doesn\'t deserve a fraction of the hate it\'s getting. I know it\'s not Prime accurate, I\'m sure eventually we\'ll get that, but take this as a step in the right direction. People complain too much. We\'re literally in the golden age of transformer figures.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stuff like this is why I am glad to have a premium membership. Granted, IN MY DAY when I joined it was FREE!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Mandatory Stunning and Brave Fiction in Fiction

Isn't that what Unicron Trilogy bots were?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Minus the constant save a penny unpainted wheels, I think these both look very good. For those of you complaining about the accuracy of Bulkhead, remember that when the next movie comes out and we don't like what they applied legacy names to. It's interesting that when we got Prime it was ok for Arcee to be a blue motorcycle, but now it would not be ok for her to be a blue motorcycle with blockier styling. In fact it isn't really interesting, it's stupid. We only ended up here because it was accepted in the first place.

For me, Bulkhead looks good in both modes and I can see it as the character, that's what really matters. If you want Prime Bulkhead, go buy one. He's there and he's only a few years old and hardly completely outdated tech. In my opinion, for much less popular franchises like Prime, they would be foolish to just do more toys that are basically the same as before. I sure have zero interest in that. But this is interesting.

14. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

I feel bad for someone who just wants a complete Menasor meanwhile I'm just buying Dragstrip (And maybe the other deluxe classes), someone is just going to be missing an arm for Menasor:ev: 

15. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Skid's guns look like they might be blast effects compatible. I hope we don't lose that in this line.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Rumble2013

Rumble2013 Member

I don't understand the appeal for clear plastic weapons in this line. They really seem out of place and have nothing to do with the actual characters.

• Like Like x 3
  17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You know it's not like I'm rooting for Legacy Bulkhead because it's G1-ified. It's because I genuinely like his design. I'm dreading Knock Out. If there's one character that should be slender and full of robot sex appeal it's Knock Out. SS86 Jazz just doesn't cut it for him.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Not to derail the thread, but I’ve never seen these drawings before and holy shit, those look so amazing. I’d LOVE new Animated figures that looked like this, with the same classic designs but slight additional detail work to bring them into a non-animation aesthetic.
    Fuck those look cool. Now I’m just sad they don’t exist lol. Animated really doesn’t get the attention it deserves from Hasbro.

Could you imagine new figures of all those season 4 characters and redesigns we didn’t see? Or like imagine a proper leader class Blackout and Lugnut. Or everyone’s favorite, Omega Supreme from the Ark mold

• Like Like x 9
  19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    But what about those who don't have the previous version and were looking forward to having a figure to add to their collection?

20. Aleydarogue

Aleydarogue Oh Hi!

Yet i bet you were one of those moaning bout them not doing hauler