Legacy Skids and Bulkhead revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Mccormicks

Mccormicks This hobby is supposed to be fun, right?!

I’m here for both! Though I was hoping I could slow down on this next line… *sighs* it never ends!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BookBarbarian

BookBarbarian Active Member

I love Bulkheads alt mode. But I love surplus military vehicles. He'll look great next to Warbotron Onslaught's alt mode.

Edit: I still hope APC toys puts out their bulkhead though.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Well, that Bulkhead is...disappointing.

I was kind of excited to see what a second try at the Prime characters would look like, but if this is the direction they're going, my excitement has subsided.

But at least I'll save some money!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

No one has big person pants.

• Like Like x 8
  5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    he’s not based on the animated design at all. They look almost nothing alike other than having a hinge jaw and a green/ grey color scheme. 36407136-C0DE-42AD-B098-9E9F9265B6EF.jpeg E63D4BD7-C336-4F07-A1AD-59AC701BF762.jpeg

The vehicle definitely doesn’t match, the color layout doesn’t match, the proportions don’t match, and the kibble doesn’t match.

The color layout is the TFP design. That’s it. The vehicle matches neither show. This is a flatbed truck with a canvas top, the animated truck was a swat van, and the TFP vehicle was a military SUV.

definitely not animated inspired.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It absolutely is enough, for expectations.

Now, is it enough to write off the whole line officially? No. That I would agree with. But you can't fault anyone for looking at these two and start to worry about future prospects of the line.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I guess I can somewhat see the appeal of having a Prime Bulkhead that fits into an existing Generations collection, but personally I don't like this approach to updated Prime figures at all.

It completely defeats the purpose of an update if they alter the design so much that only the noggin makes the character identifiable, IMO.

8. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    That Skids is gorgeous, i honestly was expecting either an animated or prime homage for Bulkhead but i gotta admit, this new G1-esque design is really nice, i can't wait for the rest of the reveals on Friday

9. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Ooooh, I know where I'm gonna put him. On the shelf where I have my black striped Classics Bumblebee. I bought that version back in the day, because it reminded me of G1 Bumblebee and Animated Bumblebee. So that's the perfect place

:D 

But what were you expecting? We have been telling this for years now. That when they get to other Generations, they will fit with the existing style. Is anyone really surprised?! Can't believe that. I'm only surprised they changed his alt mode to a different military vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    They're most likely to connect to his arms for the shield.

Why they look like Minicon pegs though? That's a good question.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    I guess I am not bothered by Bulkhead not being TFA or TFP because I feel like both of those iterations already got fantastic toys. Would I buy updates? Absolutely! Just not as interesting to me as a different take on him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't recall any leakers ever saying it was 100% a SS86 Jazz retool, though I do recall at least one saying it might be or that it could share engineering yet be a completely new mold. If you could provide a quote of one of the leakers saying it is definitely a Jazz retool then I will change my stance on this.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I'm digging Bulkhead, plus I really need an official Bulkhead to kill out my "Top 5-8 Autobot teams in movies/shows"

Skids needs a sandwich. Look at 'em chicken wings!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chadderbug

Chadderbug Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Okay, hold on... One, pretty sure we did not do that. Hasbro was doing that all along, pretty sure it wasn't us that did that. Prime was part of Aligned, which WFC/FOC games are connected to as well, which those games are part of G1 in a way. Not specifically the full-on blocky spectacle, but still. 2nd, it was technically the G1ers that made Beast Wars connected to G1 since you whiny-asses wanted g1 back way back when cause nostalgia boners. It was supposed to be it's own thing in the cartoon before everyone whined and said they needed to connect it with their oh-so-precious 80's cartoon which, ngl, sucks so much. 3rd, if y'all say it's good to get accurate G1 characters then Prime now comes along and y'all say "No no no, it HAS to bet G1!", then that is called bullcrap. I'm not gonna go on a rant fully, but please just shut up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

News Credits:
    This. 200,000% this.

There is a GIGANTIC difference between "hate" and "disappointment." It seems the Earth's population seems to be losing the nuance between the two with each passing year. There's no reason to get personal, nasty, and ad-hominem about toys of all things. That said, we were used to having the "super duper in the pooper" cartoon accuracy approach for WFC/SS86, whereas in previous lines it was "G1-but-modern" prior to Siege.

Now we're back to "let's G1-ify everything" again. I just wish there was consistency. Am I hating on the designs? No, but I'm profoundly let down. I have no inherent problem with a G1 version of Bulkhead...but they're marketing this as Prime Bulkhead, which aside from the head and mace, is most definitely not.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    The vehicle mode definitely has the same vibe though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    So happy that Crosscut is rumored to be coming as a remold of this Skids. Glad I already have his pal Road Rage in hand!

• Like Like x 1
  18. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Going by official announcements only they are justified in being disappointed by Bulkhead, who is called Prime Universe Bulkhead.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Holy shit.

Fuck you, Hasbro for this Bulkhead. So I guess G1 is the only series deserving of screen-accuracy these days? I now lament what Starscream will look like.

Don't get me wrong, I've in the past expressed an interest in seeing Armada characters depicted with real world vehicles, but not from 3P, not from Hasbro.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

IDK, I would've enjoyed seeing what a TFP Bulkhead would look like with modern engineering and detailing, or even a mashup of different styles and design proportions under the same umbrella to represent more of the franchise, much like Thrilling 30 from years ago. Even if G1-ifying characters does make for a more cohesive look for the line, it's kind of dull to see whatever old characters from the post-BW be put onto one samey artstyle, instead of excellent recreations of their on-screen likenesses like the WFC trilogy's done.

It's still neat that Bulkhead got a new toy, at least.

21. DeceptiTom

DeceptiTom Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    From a G1 Perspective, I think Bulkhead is ok. If I were to change him up tho, I would add a little curve to the body and make the legs a little stubbier. 

But the rest seems nice. I have Prime Bulkhead, and I was planning on getting this one. But I might not. I think he is a \"I need to see it in person\". 

• Like Like x 1