Legacy Skids and Bulkhead revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Saiyun not munky

Saiyun not munky Banned

Are we sure these are Generations reveals and not Cyberverse reveals?

• Like Like x 1
  2. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Welp. At least this means the 3P gap filler kit guys will still be in business. That Skids needs some love.

• Like Like x 9
  3. LunarStrike

LunarStrike Let's Get Dangerous!

Semi-Unpopular Opinion: I enjoy both of these guys and their designs and will be adding them to my collection with joy! I understand and appreciate those of us whom are into the more intricate details such as how true to a specific version of a character the figure is, kibble, weapons, head sculpt, etc. etc. Overall QC is important to me as well, I have pushed back and engaged Hastak customer service a few times on figures who broke way too easily to have them make it right. I love reading everyone's perspectives here.

Personally, I don't have enough room in my positronic net to focus on those details each and every time. Instead I look at if I have enough of a connection to the character and/or find their different modes cool enough to where the figure screams YESSSSSSSSS! Just my bar of gold-pressed latinum. TIL ALL ARE ONE :) .

• Like Like x 12
  4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not keen on how hollow skid's legs are. Bulk head is interesting I guess they went hard on integrating movie hound's design. Not a great start but not bad.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  5. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    These both look fine to me. That said, I’m really just here for the inevitable pearl clutching and gnashing of teeth.

• Like Like x 4
  6. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Alright I'll be a contrarian.

These look great.

Skids looks like a faithful rendition of the G1 character with updated articulation. I particularly love his alt mode. I guess he has a bit of hollowness, but it's a little silly to pretend that's anything new to main line.

Now Bulkhead... this is one I've been wanting for years. And I'm happy to say he meets and exceeds my expectations. For me, this is perfect. They took a character I love and updated his aesthetic to match the rest of my figures. 10/10. I was a bit worried that he may not be as bulky as I'd hoped, but those fears have been dashed.

A little note about Bulkhead's aesthetic, and toys in general: Generations is to Transformers what the Black Series is to Star Wars. It takes characters from continuities and puts them together in a unified aesthetic. The first live action design Ahsoka Tano ever had wasn't in the Mandalorian, it was in the Black Series. Same with the characters from Star Wars rebels.

Furthermore, the generations aesthetic isn't slavish G1. It's close, sure, but if it were slavish G1 then Kingdom Sideswipe would look a lot boxier, Siege Ultra Magnus wouldn't have an RID inspired alt-mode, and Siege Hound would have a conical missile.

Generations is it's own aesthetic. It's inspired by G1 but it's put through a realism filter. That's why Siege Barricade exists. That's why the beasts have realistic alt modes. And that's why this Bulkhead looks the way he does.

I'm living for it. I get to have all my favorite characters from all my favorite continuities AND they look good together? Sign me up. Please, don't immediately disparage this approach just because it isn't slavishly accurate to any one line. That was never the goal.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 19
  7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Seeing everyone refer to Bulkead as primarily a Prime character is breaking my heart a little. The definitive Bulkhead, to me, is still Animated Bulkhead! Ah well.

(But I get it, this figure's headsculpt is clearly based on the Prime character.)

• Like Like x 16
  8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Considering these look nothing like Cyberverse figures and the article refers to them as Legacy, yep, we're pretty sure

• Like Like x 10
  9. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Nothing can be as bad as not getting another Breakdown cause of the Stunticons even though we have like five Arcees and Bumblebees coming out next year.

10. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Skids looks good, he'll look good with my WFC stuff.

Bulkhead, his head looks good. But his body, if the rumors are right then he is a Pretool to Optimus Prime. Pass to both Prime and Bulkhead, but if Prime is Painted like Energon Optimus, that would bump it up to a Maybe.

11. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Of course... well, I'm only getting the g1 guys I need to fill holes in the collection. These energon weapons look to be 100% non-essential to the base figures and will be tossed in the spare parts bin.

12. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda concerned about extra clear weapons being a gimmick for the whole line because honestly they dont look that good and its money that could've been spent elsewhere.
    the problem is that the first one had to be hollow because they were much bigger and the other 2 needed to be so that their legs can fold up(they even fixed it with the earthrise datsuns within the same budget), neither are the case for skids

13. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I appreciate that they gave Bulkhead a new design, but it’s just alright to me. Nothing special. Same thing with Skids; personally I was hoping for more of a hybrid between G1 and IDW to mirror the “evolution/legacy” theme, but evidently not what they had in mind.

I’ve shifted more towards the legends scale, so these two particular releases are passes for me. Glad they exist for those that want them

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Energon Weapons!

Bulkhead is an interesting update, as he's not Roadbuster like many of us thought he would be, and instead looks like an adaptation of Bayverse Hound...who had a lot of elements that reminded people of Bulkhead.

Wait, people are shocked a non-G1 character doesn't look like their non-G1 form? Are people new to Generations?

• Like Like x 2
  15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can honestly say that if Legacy continues down this path, I'll be saving a lot of money in 2022.

Have no desire to own Cybertron Metroplex/Megalo Convoy.
    On the fence about Skids, here.
    Already have the superior, original, Bulkhead so this one is pointless to me.
    The only one I know for sure I'll be buying is Jhiaxus. I don't care if he's derpy, he's supposedly G2 comic accurate...

I completely get what Has/Tak is trying to do here, I get that people are liking these (go for it! Love 'em!) but they're just not my cup of tea.

I'll most likely buy Skids but I don't know if T30 is going anywhere.

16. Inferno

Inferno Kidult TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah not feeling him as Bulkhead, but he would make a fine Heatwave indeed!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  17. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

They don’t like Cyberverse style figures anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  18. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I want to like Bullhead so badly. There's a lot about him that I like! But the torso just being one big box like Universe 2.0 Inferno is so disappointing.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Guess I haven't been paying attention, as I wanted to be surprised. That's on me tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    We’ve BEEN patient! And now TFP is getting new stuff before we are, even though it’s the newer show!