Legacy Skids and Bulkhead revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Oct 20, 2021.

1. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    So are you saying it's exactly the same as CHUG toys before WFC, then? Only this was the Megatron we had in Classics:

classics_megatron_bot_2.jpg

I'm not sure I'd call that an accurate toy of G1 Megs... :p 

Consider Jazz, as well. SS86 is the first screen-accurate, properly poseable Jazz we've had since 1984. I was 7 when I got G1 Jazz, and the first screen-accurate toy of him dropped when I was 43.

Something to think about, maybe?

As for being that guy... I'm not sure I can be, after someone else in the thread said this:

You're being extraordinarily petty.

Hmmmmmm, honestly? My gut says potentially even bigger. Again, I'm just eyeballing it (and I might have not got the 5mm ports lined up properly, or the one on his forearm might be a screwhole, which'd throw my entire size guide off, so bear that in mind), but to me, he looks about the height of Universe Onslaught. I shall be watching the Pulsecon stream very, very closely, 'cos we should get a better idea there.

Although I'll be watching it probably 7 hours after you, since I'm being dragged to the pub for me mate's 50th birthday. Well, assuming the covid test I'm about to do is negative, o' course. I'm vaccinated but I'm buggered if I'm going to risk passing it on to someone who isn't!

• Like Like x 4
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks fine to me. We were told point-blank that he was going to be a Jazz retool, so I held no illusion that we'd magically be getting something more Prime accurate. It's a G1-ized Knockout.

Most people seemed to think the G1-ized Drift concept, a redecoed Springer, was pretty cool. So I don't know why it's sudden blasphemy that Hasbro's now deciding to act on some of that fanwankery. They've still gotta redeco these molds and trademark squat somehow. Better than what we used to get, with entirely inappropriate name-slaps.

• Like Like x 4
  3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Bulkhead is a definate buy..
    Skids on the otherhand, Id stick to the MP release thanks. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Really not liking that artstyle

5. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

That's why I'm not understanding how people are basing how the figure will look like based on such a crap drawing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Josh Burcham is a regular poster on these boards, guys.

He used to be just one of our many fan-artists. Originally, IDW employed him as just a colourist, but his fanart was so popular here that we encouraged him to take a bolder stab at full artistic duties.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

These are interesting. I didn’t like the Bulkhead at first but after looking through the images a few times I might be coming around to it.

Note: I have never watched Prime or Animated and no attachment to the character whatsoever. I do like new/reused characters, however.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I'm not suggesting that only G1 is acceptable, the only offshoot that offended me was the Bayverse. New stuff is good in my opinion, and this will have new stuff in it.

Even now there are three to four unique styles being produced. Bayverse, Knightverse, Generations (CHUG style), and Beastwars. That's more different styles than ever before. And this new line seeks to bring other lines into the Generations style for a sort of crossover event.

It's neat. ....and let's do Lugnut now.

Don't get all wound up because some dudes around here feel like they are owed stuff.

Personally, the scale chart is too much for me. These are little collectables and toy puzzles no need to break out the rulers and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shawney McPrime

Shawney McPrime Well-Known Member

I have always absolutely adored that Megatron. Last Hasbro gun Megs. It has some poseability issues, but has awesome shelf presence. I've always thought of this one as Emperor Megatron.

I'll be missing the announcements for going with the fam to see Dune. Have fun!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    Absolutely. He's a belter. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gfigure

Gfigure Well-Known Member

Well this is interesting, during all of WFC especially during earthrise.

Non G1 fans kept hounding those of us that loved the line with how All you want is g1 and just want the same thing over and over, saying we should be wanting to go back to Archers awful way of original takes on characters. Even though we would explain loads of people jumped on to collecting tfs in general with wfc, why? Because finally since the start of generations we finally got g1 characters to look like affordable versions from the sunbow show. And don't want rubbish like original takes or gimmicks that hamper the figure, I don’t want the same thing over and over I just want the entire cast from seasons 1 to 4 as close to scale and screen accurate as possible after that I’m done.

Now look at this bulkhead he’s not a G1 character and he’s an original take! You got what you wanted!

What’s that? Oh you don’t like him because he’s not accurate to the source material......hmm but you have a figure that is already so.....are you sure you don’t just want the same thing over and over. :p 

Either way doesn’t matter to me if you guys don’t buy him and the other non G1 figures (I know I won’t be) but hey maybe that’ll work out for me in 2023s line and they have more G1 characters so I can finish off my collection.

I’m loving skids dying to see blitzwing and blaster!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Shawney McPrime

Shawney McPrime Well-Known Member

Well, belter means something different to an Expanse fan, but then again, Megatron is often trying to destroy the earth to get what he wants, so maybe it fits...?

:) 

• Like Like x 2
  13. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Well I never really saw the TFs themselves, just a bunch of movement, maybe a leg or arm for 1/10th of a second, so yeah, 98&

14. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Not really. Too curvy to be G1. Maybe a Flouroformer.

15. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I'm sorry, that was a poor choice of words on my part. I actually like his art, I meant it's a crap representation of how the Knockout figure will look like. The art itself is good, it's just not an accurate representation of how the figure will end up looking like.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great. Mark took his instagram page down or was forced to. So much for getting to see his behind the scenes stuff and commentary….

• Like Like x 6
  17. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

....And what is that supposed to mean though? You can like or dislike art any day of the week. It is and always will be subjective. And I don't really care if it's the king that frequents the bar I go to or some poor guy. I treat them all with the same curtesy and respect.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh ffs that fans ruined it by giving him grief. We really are getting like the Star Wars lot.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Robomaster726

Robomaster726 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I just gotta say as much as I love my G1 style CHUG figures and even attempts at either new characters (Windblade, Drift, Nautica, etc), I won't lie that there's a part of me that would LOVE to see RID2001 get some love. 20 years old and the only one that's seen any love is Sky-Byte. Magnus got a nod with the Siege Magnus, but darn it, I want a CHUG style Omega Prime. Gimme OG firetruck Optimus Prime. Rail Racer. Landfill. I mean even Ruination/Baldigus got love by Takara in the Unite Warriors line as repaints of the Combaticons.

So I remember designing a fan combiner mode of the Autobot Brothers. Prowl served as the torso and shoulders, X-Brawn as the legs, and Sideburn formed a second pair of arms instead of Prowl's door skirt pieces... if those three were done CHUG style with the ability to mix and match parts like that on ball joints and such, I'd sell my blood for those guys.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not about G1, it's about bringing new characters into generations style. It's not like the original aesthetic wasn't explored properly. Perhaps look forward to re-release if you want that. And those were excellent molds. I know because I was a fan of Prime.

• Like Like x 2