Legacy Skids and Bulkhead revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Ebay:
    Or, and hear me out on this one, just be happy that we got a new Bulkhead at all. pretty sure that the last one we got was the GO! version of the beast hunters fig. Sure, his proportions are off and he has a boxier chest than Grapple, but it's still a figure of a character that we haven't seen in nearly eight years.

Hell, for all we know, this is some sort of test and Hasbro might be fucking with us.

And if it bothers you that much, customize it.

Also, yeah it sucks that they've been pushing G1 for so long, but guess what? They're doing other stuffnow. Kingdom's BW figs were downright amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Cobra Kaitron

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would get off that train and wait for a new one if I were you. RTS Lugnut is regrettably rather undersized when compared to other CHUG bots and I have a feeling he'll get the Blackout treatment soon.

• Like Like x 5
  4. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron Big ol' Nightbeat fanboy

News Credits:
    That's my position right now. RTS Lugnut is gorgeous but a bit too wee, so I'm really hoping we get a new one in the not too distant future.

I don't want to be that guy, and this is a sincere question, but were you alright with Optimus, Bumblebee, Arcee, Ratchet, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Breakdown, Smokescreen, Ultra Magnus, Sky Lynx, Predaking and Unicron being altered from their G1 look (and Bulkhead from his TFA look) to their TFP look?

Is that functionally any different from Bulkhead being adapted to a more G1 look?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Dragga

Dragga Well-Known Member

Usually, when you say "I don't want to be that guy" you're being that guy. Yes, I'm generally fine with new takes and, for that matter, name reuses. This would be why I'm fine with Prime Bulkhead not being Animated Bulkhead who was not Energon Bulkhead. The issue here is that this is being outright labeled as Bulkhead from the universe of Transformers Prime. Not "a G1 counterpart to Bulkhead", but "the character you know from this specific portrayal". When people ask for other eras besides G1, they aren't saying "But make them look like G1". If the point is to use this multiverse set up to bring in others, why so extremely alter them from what they would look like from that designated universe?

If they marketed a G1 Prime but made him look like the Bayverse Prime with slightly less detail, wouldn't you think it was an incredibly poor representation?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yuuki

Yuuki Cuteness is the right of all sentient beings

Oh, you might be onto something. Maybe around Rodimus' height or taller?

7. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

News Credits:
    Congrats. 80s kids should get the G1 aesthetic….for G1 characters. We literally had that in Kingdom and Earthrise (and some Siege).

So when the time finally came for non-G1 characters to get the CHUG, treatment, they’re done in a G1 style? Why?

G1 fans need to take a backseat for a few years. It’s way, way past time that other fans get their characters done the way they want them to look.

• Like Like x 3
  8. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!

Seriously, though, they're not really banking on the nostalgia of Prime fans. Those fans have not yet reached prime "nostalgia market" years. Heck, they're not even really making G1 for us G1 fans who have followed TFs for decades. They're making it for the masses who have hit nostalgia years, haven't touched a TF since they were kids, but will snap up the G1 looking figures they see at Wal-Mart "for their kids (really themselves)."

• Like Like x 1
  9. No Name

Patience, grasshopper.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Astrotrain52

News Credits:
    We were patient, and then slapped in the face with “gotta be G1.”

God I hope Legacy tanks

• Like Like x 2
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even Hasbro doesn’t believe in waiting that long for remakes. They literally made an entirely separate line to make remakes of Movie figures…. Only 11 years after the 1st one… and a mere year after the 5th one….

• Like Like x 1
  12. No Name

There's a lot of G1 characters we've gotten a definitive version of, and most of us would be fine with being left alone for a few years at least. That said, there are still a lot of late 80s G1 characters that haven't had a decent version, and that includes all the gestalts in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  13. No Name

They probably think the movie figures have a wider customer base. Personally, I still resent Michael Bay for hoodwinking me into going to see TF1 and seeing humans on the screen 98% of the time. The few times TFs were actually on the screen, his crazy whirring directorial style made it so you barely saw them.

14. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

What the hell? This actually confuses me. See, my understanding of things is the setting visually adheres to the Generations G1 aesthetic. So any characters form is to be seen through the aesthetics of The G1 form, if the characters were to be predominantly seen through, say the Animated Aesthetic it would be weird to see G1 prime or TFP Prime Slavishly adhering to their normal aesthetics in that setting. As for the altmode which we have seen can affect the robot mode, designs, transformers can, and have change their alt mode, what's not to say Bulkhead had a reason to change it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Ah! Then yeah, he def comin'!

98%? So there were only humans for 138 minutes of a 140 minute movie? Or was this just hyperbolic overeaction to your displeasure with the movie?

16. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And….. now we have further evidence/confirmation On what knockout will look like. Generic red jazz with all of his signature design traits removed. Fucking yippee
    15B58C7A-3037-4CA5-9313-1D9E8E728C82.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  17. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I still don't have any figure of Botanica.

Frankly, given how good the Prime toyline was? Yeah. Folks can wait a bit longer.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Astrotrain52

News Credits:
    This has to be a troll post

Good god my eyes…

Generic, watered down, garbage. Devoid of anything special. But at least it’s Geewunn! Gotta appease the Geewunners!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yuuki

Yuuki Cuteness is the right of all sentient beings

Okay I'd come to terms with Bulkhead but this is going to take at least a month for me to recover after reveal

Hall of Fame.................gets a repaint

Edit: just please, please make the windows opaque HasTak.

• Like Like x 3
  20. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

So Knockout's gonna be a retool of the ss86 Jazz mold? First thought, Lazy. Second thought its gotta be a budget issue. Third thought I like the jazz mode somewhat hard. I'll probably buy it.