Legacy Metroplex Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Apr 19, 2022.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The point I'm making is the lack of an "extra" character in the box has lead to more solid figures that remove things those previous "buddy figures" had and were often criticized for.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Totally worth the price. Mainframe was a welcomed surprise for me. I'm disappointed Nemesis didn't come with something similar.

• Like Like x 3
  3. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Who needs a little buddy when you have a weapon that's as tall as you are

• Like Like x 3
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    That's good you think that, but as we've seen the general reaction has been "hollow = bad."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mainframe/Teletraan-1 is pretty much associated with the ark whereas I don't recall any bot being associated with the nemesis that they can add to it. We did get 4 non transforming jets to go with her and the figure is a solid representation in both modes of the decepticon ship.

It doesn't bother me too much that we didn't. She's great as is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Honestly, I have no connection to robot modes for The Ark nor The Nemesis. Both are useless additions that could have been better served as transforming playsets. The Ark coming with Mainframe was the only thing that drew me to it at all...and even then, primarily as Teletran as I have him on my shelf. As happy as I am about John Warden coming back, I've always felt The Ark was kind of a black mark for me, personally. This was a case where it should have been done better or not at all - find another place to do an Ark diorama or playset and pick another titan.

7. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's never really bothered me.

I would've been fine with some outside the box thinking like adding Countdown with Omega Supreme.

I absolutely agree. She has real presence in both robot and ship mode. The color scheme is great, and I love how her face can kind of form a battle mask. She's a great addition right next to the Ark.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I get it, but to each their own. I've never given a single shit about what people think about toys I like or own anyways, hollow or not. So in this case the satisfaction of other fans just doesn't register to me. I liked the little buddies. I loved having a play pattern where there was an additional level of interaction. The Ark was quite special to me because 1, it's the goddamn Ark, and 2, Mainframe being Teletraan-1 also introduced the kind of interaction with the set that no other non-combiner Titan has.

The fandom can bitch, whine, gnash their teeth about anything they want and I'm on paradise island just loving the toys I spent my hard earned money on. It's just like how I feel when Hasbro does Legacy Blitzwing. I literally couldn't care less how fans felt about the jet cockpit in tank or how the jet mode looked. It's only a monkey's paw if you're someone never satisfied with anything. I for one feel it's the Blitzwing that I've always wanted, and the only opinion that matters to me in the end is my own. If people wanted a Blitzwing less janky to them, Titans Returns exists.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  9. GuardianofIaconCity

GuardianofIaconCity TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Same. But he's an awesome figure.