Legacy Metroplex Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

They aren't.
    They couldn't be more different aside from both being Titan Class.

His real name is Megalo Convoy.
    So given current renaming conventions demonstrated in Legacy, you could simply call him Megalo Prime.
    Or if you want to go with a more Latin inspired name, Constructor Prime.

And if you don't want him to necessarily be a Prime, something like Excavator Gigas could work.

2. Enemy

Enemy "We exist together now... Two corpses, one grave."

For anyone on the fence, buy Megalo Convoy now or you'll experience the Supercombine power of a Spoonful of Blamite.
    20230902_195155_HDR.jpg
    Fr though, he's a ton of fun. He poses great, he has excellent presence, and he can play guitar. Alt mode is wack, but when you're an 800 foot tall Scottish construction foreman who swings around a giant bucket-wheel excavator called Sparkdrinker for a weapon, do you really need a convincing alt mode? Besides, he's from Gigantion. Nobody's alt mode made much sense aside from Quickmix.

• Like Like x 5
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The question of G1 Metroplex's scale is dependent on whom is city mode is meant for.

For me, he was always meant for humans. The ramps and platforms are designed for Transformers in vehicle mode...so how in the world does that make sense for him to also have Transformers walk through doorways and peer out his windows as well?

So yeah, if you see him more as 1/60 scaled, titan class works very well. Case in point, I have pics of Diaclone Reboot with G1 Fortress Maximus:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I absolutely agree that it depends to what it's scaled for, as scaled for the mainline TFs he's nowhere close to how he's depicted as being a base for such... so as you mention, it's more about the micromasters (even headmasters) that are similar to the 1/60 humans scale.

Trouble is still that he still ends up as just a platform. There's no actual "rooms" or such that makes him as even a base, let alone a "city" (even if meant as a block's worth/section).

That's been my biggest gripe really, I wish that they would do an actual base with internal rooms and such for the smaller figures... using expanding/collapsing sections, someone could engineer something mind-blowing amazing but it's yet to happen...

Heck the younger kid stuff like Imaginext have done a lot of such bases that are giant robots and such, and while simplified, that's closer to what could be a great design starting point for a titan... I'd rather have a simple transformation that allows for more play capacity as such.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

sigh

Okay yeah I'll get him.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    IMG_9470.gif

• Like Like x 9
  7. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    giphy.gif

• Like Like x 4
  8. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Even an Imaginext variation would only accommodate core class as the figures are only about 3 inches tall.

My hope is more for a future Ark playset that opens up to non-ceilinged spaces to set up scenes with normal sized Transformers. Ditch the robot mode and just have a bonus figure be the Transformer. Bumper would be great.

If this succeeds, then make an undersea Decepticon base with the periscope elevator.

And then the Axalon. And the Darksyde.

• Like Like x 1
  10. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Well, the way I'd say it is: if you can afford him now at the sale price, what if later on you'd regret not getting it and he ends up with the secondary market of double the price (or more), how much would you kick yourself?

My approach to all purchase is pretty much that... "would I kick myself if the price ends up going nuts later on once I decided that I did want it afterall...", and that's because I sat on many and then regretted it, paying more than I would/should have afterwards. So if it's something that I do really want or get the feeling that I will want in time should I be lukewarm about it now (and have the money for it of course), I don't hesitate anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  11. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    That's why I mentioned the use of expanding/collapsing sections. But yeah.. the Ark coming out at the same time that the core figures did, was a massive "wtf" with Hasbro there... that should have been a given that it should have been core figures compatible for sure.

They did the Ark fairly "right" with the DOTM version, they just needed to do one bigger (with the G1 esthetics) for the mainline figures.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I ask myself that all the time whether theres a sale or not. My answer is usually yes. I will kick myself for not getting something

• Like Like x 1
  13. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where is he for so cheap?

14. Enemy

Enemy "We exist together now... Two corpses, one grave."

Not sure if this is the same sale everyone's talking about, but he's currently $120 on AmazonUS.

************/d/4UiQXuq

• Like Like x 2
  15. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mighty tempting

16. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    I find that the hardest part is establishing the level of that "will I kick myself" feeling.

There's been a few times that I really was on the edge, holding my finger over the button to order it and ended up pushing myself to that point of a final decision and realized that either I was simply not sold enough of the item and closed the window or it's where I reached the point that I did see that I would regret missing on it and clicked it. (note that in person, the "button" is holding the box in my hands and deciding if it goes in my cart or back on the shelf)

I've never regretted those decisions at this point, and a few times the item sold out while in my cart ending up making the choice for me, as if I waited that long then I just wasn't that interested after all.

I do find that I used to have more trouble with making choices, in part when my financial situation was less ideal, but even then it was also more about defining what I really wanted over what I didn't.

• Like Like x 3
  17. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reading this has me really asking if I need it. Beyond size it is NOT enough improvement over the original that I still have in addition to the minicon and cyberkey exclusions that I simply found inexcusable at the original pricepoint.

18. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

This is the most adorable and wholesome toy pic set I think I've ever seen.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Man, I wish I could get my hands on some of those Diaclone Reboot stuff for a more reasonable price.
    Especially the updates of the ones that have appeared in Transformers media.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

All new figures must pass inspection.

20230927_195601.jpg

• Like Like x 19