Legacy Menasor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Shlockwave, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I figured from the winky face, but I've seen people make (and take) that suggestion in all seriousness, so I wanted to provide a better alternative.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    It's hit or miss, my copies of them don't have an issue here, but Breakdown's 5mm mounting holes are painted inside so there will be a lot of variance.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    I think it may have more to do about how much the Sunbow's cartoon left an impression on some (not sure how old you are) people when they were kids. I totally recognize that it is a rudimentary series of loosely-knit continuity of toy commercials, but it informed me of the characters in a faster output than the Marvel comic. It sort of became the official representation over all the books (comics, find your fate, etc.) and even the profile cards. Hell, it convinced us all that Rumble is blue! Menasor looking as he did on the show told me the toy got it wrong in the same manner, thus becoming the standard. It's why us G1 collectors are probably so rabid, because we are just now getting toys of characters in their "official" likeness.

Thank you for that!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buffbeefbroth23

Buffbeefbroth23 Member

In theory I'm a big fan of this figure, but the overpowering grey of the legs really puts me off. I'm okay with the shins being the bottom of the cars, but some color would go a long way. However, I haven't been too impressed with the Toyhax stickers and haven't had the time or guts to try painting them myself, so I've been waiting to see if someone else comes up with a good solution to break up the ocean of grey beneath his waist.

Also Breakdown's connection to the leg ports are indeed terrifying. Wildrider too but Breakdown is so much tighter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Oh no, I watched the original cartoon religiously as a kid and read the Marvel comic, both US and UK lol Even as a kid and a rabid cartoon fan, the idea that he was a combiner that just wore the cars like elbow pads just seemed lame to me. The comic depiction of him wasn't any better lol

Obviously it is a 'too each their own' situation. For the record, as a comics fan Frenzy was always blue and had sound wave powers to me!

Edit: I should add, I had the Stunticons as toys when I was a kid and loved the Motormaster figure, kept him as a desk toy for years.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  6. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  7. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Menasor looks absolutely fantastic. Phenomenal. Exceeded my expectations. No question it was worth the price of admission when it comes to the Stunticons. It looks so good. Solid and heavy even without the limb bots attached. I was surprised at the heft once Dragstrip and Wildrider were attached. It will be an absolute tank once I get Dead End and Breakdown.

Base mode is absolute trash. It's useless. An Afterthought.

I really hate the extra gun turret too. It's worthless and takes up space. The gun itself is horrible. It doesn't even look good at all. Not a fan. They should've found a way to integrate those parts into Menasor himself instead of making a half assed waste of space out of it.

Also, not a fan of the Motormaster transformation into Menasor mode at all. In fact, I hate the transformation. I haven't been this frustrated and annoyed since my battle with Legacy Blitzwing. I felt like I was fighting and wrestling with Motormaster trying to get him into Menasor's torso.
    Some of the joints and tabs are way too tight and it's hard to get things lined up right and tabbed in as a result. I can see why the shoulder hinges are breaking on Motormaster because of the struggle to get everything to line up right when Transforming into Menasor's torso.

I also struggled a bit to get Wildrider attached to Menasor's left leg. It was fiddly trying to get both the tabs and pegs lined up. When I tried to take Wildrider off a couple of times to realign everything, he didn't want to come unpegged.

This set will stay in Menasor mode forever because of the transformation.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20230205_153346.jpg

Finally got this guy assembled. There really is no scramble city option with this guy especially with the arms. Took me a while to realise dragstrip was going on the wring arm. Once I realised that it was plain sailing.

I love this guy. He's so solid. I'm hoping superion is done this good. Incredible combiner.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're gonna do superion?

10. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say they will do all of them

• Like Like x 1
  11. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nobody knows what they will or will not do. Just speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And Legacy: Evolution doesn't seem to have a combiner so any future releases would be in Legacy pt. 3 at best.

• Like Like x 5
  13. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gave up on the G2 version for this. I hope it won't disappoint me.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    I feel like Menasor was re-done because of the poor reception of his CW molds. While I am a biased Stunticons/Menasor fan, its a tough set of toys to defend when combined. It's probably the one time I broke down and ordered 3rd party upgrades just to make him tolerable.

On the topic of re-doing other combiners, was there one on equal of how poorly done he was that could use improvement?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Wow. Been flipping menasor back and forth all week. Say what you want about the aesthetic, but the transformation is just brilliant. I get that it’s partsforming, but hasbro frankly outdid quite a few third party companies. I felt they did the best job integrating motor master into menasor.

• Like Like x 3
  16. pantsmaniac

pantsmaniac Well-Known Member

While not half as bad as CW Menasor, I'd say the one most in need of an update is Liokaiser. 1/3 of the team was missing from Combiner Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Yeah I agree

• Like Like x 1
  18. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    If you really think about it, G1 Combiners have always been partsformers from the limbs themselves to the combiner heads, fists, and feet that were completely separate pieces that had no other purpose.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wild Rider's gap versus Breakdown's
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do so hope mines isn't yellowed when I open it later. Not like I can do shit anyways

• Like Like x 1