Legacy Inferno

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Pixelmaster, Oct 2, 2022.

1. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Does anyone know how widespread this issue is? Or is it pretty isolated?

I'd really hate to see this problem dampen an otherwise spectacular figure.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Passed on him but my friend got him and loves him so they've done something right with him. I may get him eventually.

Looks nice I've just no real affinity for the character

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Megatron’s flame effect is so perfect for Inferno.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious is this figure kinda a Cosmos situation or is it selling out that fast?

• Like Like x 1
  5. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

It's shortpacked in the case

• Like Like x 1
  6. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if that's a good or bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

I got mine reliably enough from Amazon, so no, i would say its not like Cosmos at all lmao
    i just got that cannon yesterday, i love its look compared to other 3rd party cannons.

• Like Like x 3
  8. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worst thing about this figure is managing all the legs sticking off him in robot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    Likely was intended because Inferno clogged shelves in the 90s, and they wanted to avoid that kind of situation from happening. Plus, putting Starscream as the 2x makes sense, seeing how Starscreams usually sell. Course, I've only seen Inferno once on shelves, and with Evolution likely coming into the shelves soon (if Amazon shipping out the figures is any indication), it's probably going to end up with cases going to closeout chains at best.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Spicytron

I would beg to differ on that one. My toy hunting expeditions usually cover a wide swath, and i have yet to see a single Inferno on the shelves. Plus most reviewers still rate the figure favorably.

Some might go to closeout, but probably only from select areas. Kentucky, for example, as seen very little of wave 3, so my hopes arent high that Evolution will come out of the nethwr and fill up shelves anytime soon.

11. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    My excitement for this figure has waned alot because I have two copies of this figure and both have the same exact stress marks on the corners of the red plastic above the blue ankle hinges.

Dammit as far as I was concerned, this was about as perfect as a Transformer as you can get. Until this issue pops up.

Stress marks drive me absolutely crazy. VERY disappointing.

**Edit: Scrolling through all of the pictures in this thread and it looks like this issue is widespread in this figure because it appears to be in most if not all of the pics.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  12. MisterGiullare

MisterGiullare 86 Rumble is the best figure don’t @ me

What is it with Legacy Wave 3 having widespread QC issues. First Armada Starscream’s right leg pops off every time you swivel it (plus his jet won’t stay together at all) and now this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    This is EXTREMELY disappointing. One thing I CANNOT tolerate is stress marks. Especially on an otherwise near-perfect figure. :banghead:  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 

The stress marks in the pictures below were on the inner ankles at the hinge and on the mushroom peg at the hip right out of the package. I have two copies with this problem.

The ones at the inner ankle hinges get worse when posing/moving the ankles.

I'm not one to complain about cheap materials. But this one needs to be said. Some of the reviews I've seen have talked about the premium feel of the plastics on this figure.

That's true. On *some* areas of the figure like the insect head and abdomen. But on others, like the legs, the plastic is thin and cheap. And the result is this.

Right ankle
    20230121_132351.jpg

Right thigh at the mushroom peg
    20230121_132507.jpg

Left ankle
    20230121_132223.jpg

I'd bet that the stressed areas on the ankles will crack eventually. So beware.

• Like Like x 2
  14. pantsmaniac

pantsmaniac Well-Known Member

That's not so much a problem of cheap plastic but of poor design and/or molding. Something is likely not aligned somewhere in the sculpt and it's causing undue stress on the plastic.
    Also, your copy appears to be slightly misaligned, the blue hinge should fit exactly parallel to the red plastic above it, so that's certainly not helping matters.

20230122_001026.jpg 20230122_001043.jpg

I have the same issue with the ankles even with everything perfectly lined up, though it's very minor on my copy as you can see. That leads me to believe it is a design problem. Luckily for me the marks aren't getting any bigger even after actively stressing the plastic by forcefully over-rotating the swivel.

• Like Like x 4
  15. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    To add insult to injury, this is a widespread problem. If you look closely at all of the pics in this thread, every single copy has the stress mark issue on the ankles to some degree or another.

I could try to replace mine but chances are, I'll just get two more copies with the same problem.

This reminds me of the handlebar issue with the RTS Wreck Gar mold and the exploding cockpit hinges on Titans Return Weirdwolf

16. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

I understand the concern about stress marks is there any instances of a breakage yet? I hit mine with a blow dryer and they went away, and since I was doing some modding I painted over those hinge areas with a metallic red, didn't look to be a structural issue and I think we can all hope for just a small minor cosmetic issue that no one noticed for many weeks after its release

I get people are upset about this and it's completely understandable with the shite Hasbro QC and widespread yellowing issues trust in Hasbro is probably at an all-time low, I think in the long run this figure is going to be fine though

• Like Like x 3
  17. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    You're right. I'm definitely overreacting. As of right now, until we know more, this is nothing more than a moderate cosmetic issue.

Once I see the stress marks, I can't unsee them. If they're there, they drive me nuts. It's like an annoyance that keeps buzzing around like a house fly. And that's a personal problem that I have.

I probably need to relax a bit. I really like this figure ALOT. It's one of my top favorites of 2022.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just looked at mine because of this thread and I too have those stress marks. Not too worried but I am going to keep an eye on it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton Chief Justice Fruitloop

I don't seem to have these on my copy, but given that the example pictures seem to indicate it's on the barest surface rather than the pressure points of the joint itself, I'd agree that it's the nature of the soft plastic, which scratches easily. Unfortunate, but not stress-worthy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spicytron

I too seem to be spared from the stressmarks, though even if they were there idk if I would be too worried. I feel like on figures where they are present, they might have come just from the assembly of the figure, not from any source of stress afterward

• Like Like x 3