Legacy Evolution Leader Class Nova Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by DaftRaider, Jul 27, 2023.

1. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Nova Prime must be commander class

Better remold and bigger figure

• Like Like x 2
  2. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Not a single one of those "leg extensions" looked good. Almost all stretcher kits are cringe and don't take the figure's proportions into account.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    id still rather he be a new mold with commander class engineering similar to what they did with Magnus. I’d also be interested in a 3P kit to see what they could do with him. Also the leg extension kits look just fine to me so there’s nothing “cringe” about them. Agree to disagree there. People clearly liked them for the previous attempts

• Like Like x 5
  4. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem with DNA's upgrade kits are they don't extend the thighs... They make the shins even longer, which to me makes them even more awkward.

Edit: or am I misremembering the kit? I had it for Siege Magnus and immediately switched it back to stock as it looked too janky and awkward and kept falling to bits.

Edit 2: My bad, just watched a review and it does add a second lower knee joint and it gave me flashbacks as those never worked great for me, and the smaller bots knees would always try and bend, I just find that whole kit to be whack.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All things considered I think this looks great. Nova is kind of a nothingburger character anyway so this is more than fine to check the box for me since I like the base mold.

Was never a fan of all the thigh extension solutions since they overdid it to me. The BPF KO of Siege Magnus actually got the proportions perfect, but no one replicated only making the thighs a smidge longer like that does.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah, this looks pretty damn great. Nova wears the mould better than any other previous character (the best being Siege Galaxy Prime until now).

I'm kinda disappointed that the core robot doesn't really resemble what was originally teased about Nova and that the wings are not posable but this is really good (and is not like much more expensive Third Party toys are much better, I say this as someone who owns MMC Nova Prime).

Now bring that set with articulated wings DNA!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I've only experienced this mold with Siege Magnus, but this looks pretty cool. I don't have any knowledge of the character, but I dig the gundam-esque look!

I also think its funny how about half, if not more of these thread so far is "can't wait to see the DNA kit for this!" If they make bigger wings, I might have to join in!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Zordonsage

Zordonsage Well-Known Member

Got Mine pre ordered on Amazon, Along with the  2 pack, Nacelle I will get later on though, I do not  see him selling out fast. Maybe Might  ask for  Nacelle for  Xmas.

• Like Like x 1
  9. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    I mean, I wouldn't turn down a Commander Nova Prime but considering he would need to be as tall as Optimus, at that budget I don't think they can stretch out it even if they articulate each individual wing "feather" and made his trailer robust.

s-l400.jpg

DNA Design  DK-14P Upgrade Kit - Premium Finish Ultra Magnus Image (1)__scaled_800.jpg

And this just looks off. It lengthens the thighs too much, and as a result the arms are too short now. The real issue isn't that the thighs are too short, it's that the lower legs are so bulky, it makes the thighs look small in comparison. Nova isn't supposed to be that tall, neither is Magnus for that matter.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  10. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the mix of: he's not bad, and overall I enjoy the mold, but he doesn't grab me.

Having Siege UM, the ER Delta, and his mold brother Galaxy Prime (with the later being on my desk in front of me right now), and all have needed the kits (Galaxy was the ROS-014 kit), I can't see myself wanting to get this one as I have no attachment to him, don't need yet another Optimus even if I love the "super" mode stuff.

20230728_115004.jpg

I regretted not getting Galaxy at the time and ended up spending a bit more, with the main reason I had hesitated was that I was growing tired of getting figures that required kits, and he is a major one that looks terrible with the massive empty cannons in plain view.

So this Nova guy is the same and more as others stated, he would have absolutely needed to have been more than they did... I'm not really invested in it as I have no attachment to the character nor have seen the carton at this time, but I've seen 3rd parties versions, and found them nice enough to say that Hasbro should have done more here... the cannons aren't part of him as far as I know and he should have the bigger wings (with articulation)... if he had been as such, I think that I would have considered getting it as I'm a sucker for the angel/demon wings thing. As it is, it's a fairly easy pass... sadly.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

Totally. I like DNA but the lengthening is just dumb to me. His height is good and I love his proportions. Put the money into new armor upgrades for the lower legs to look accurate.

12. Kaosu Reido

Kaosu Reido Well-Known Member

The second "knee" in the DNA leg kits looks horrible because it's clearly a transformation joint. Using it leaves a gaping hole in his leg. Lengthening the thighs a little would be fine, even a centimeter would look better than what the mold has now.

I also wouldn't be against Nova Prime getting third party lower arm armor, like the Magnus versions of the mold have. The peg-on bumper things work alright, but over-arm armor could help the proportions more.

• Like Like x 2
  13. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never felt like UM/DM had any issues with the legs height...but, if you look at my picture above, the kit I got for my Galaxy was with a leg extension that I did add/use. So it makes him just a tab taller (something like 1/4 inch?) that to me actually works amazingly well as this gives him a feel that his "power-up / super" mode makes him more a tad more powered up than Ultra Magnum and Delta, or simply that as a power-up up Prime, it's good that he's not exactly the same size.

For this Nova guy, I would (if I was to get him) want him to be similar and taller than the Magnuses, and I would see that it's almost a given that the same kit would most probably be fine and work with him, it would just need to be painted accordingly.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

Was looking over the pictures of the figure and the precious few official pieces of Nova Prime art that we have and I honestly feel that this figure suffers from the same issue as the Selects Star Convoy; while the designers put an insane amount of effort into remolding/repainting both, the proportions of the original molds (meant to reflect both G1 Prime and G1 Magnus respectively) simply don't match the proportions of the characters they were getting turned into and IMHO that's a bridge too far for your average upgrade kit. Like the TFWiki header for Nova shows off a bot with an exceptionally bulky torso that noticeably tapers, decently long thighs + streamlined & stylized lower legs that are far longer without being that much wider along with a pair of appropriately lengthy arms*. The Magnus mold - even with upgrades - simply can't replicate those and as a result Nova's left looking a little... off.

*And of course, the massive wings.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lol I was thinking of the black frieza meme.

Garaunteed…this will be the ONE TIME after all these years I’ll be ready to get this kit.

16. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

If commander let him be a Rodimus sized truck that fully recreates Don's sketches that'd be great. Though I wonder if that's one of the reasons they don't quite want to fully commit to a new mold.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

I understand that this is a reuse of the Galaxy Prime mold, but what's the point of the keeping the 2 cannons on the back? They have nothing to do with the design of the character. They could have omitted the cannons and put more engineering into the wings.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I really hope that we get a bigger os ko version much like how Magnus did with better wings.

19. SNAKESOLIDN313

SNAKESOLIDN313 Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I also have my own idea for a cross-shaped, yellow glowing weapon with the elite guard symbol in the center, but that’s my own rabbit hole of fanfiction.

20. Big Convoy XIII

Big Convoy XIII The One Man Army

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As everybody else has already said; I think they should have ditched the cannons & focused on giving him the wings he deserves, not those small pieces of scrap. As the figure as a whole, it looks meh. As Nova Prime is arguably my favorite IDW villain, I myself am rather disappointed that Hasbro just.. cheaply went and re-used that mold instead of giving us a brand new one like they honestly should have. I won’t complain if I manage to get him for my collection, but at the same time, I’m more tempted to get the Battle Core Prime figure & the upgrade kit that turns him into Nova. At least that figure gives the character a far better shelf presence by comparison.

• Like Like x 1