Legacy Evolution Leader Class Nova Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by DaftRaider, Jul 27, 2023.

1. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    LEGACY EVOLUTION LEADER CLASS NOVA PRIME

UK Pulse delivered this guy super quickly, so I figured I'd post my initial thoughts on this outer space racist (spacist? Nah...)

PACKAGING

This is some of the nicest box art I've seen in a while. It definitely makes Nova look more dynamic than the figure itself. Strangely, the black guns that this mold always comes with are depicted on the inner leg than the outer, where they can actually plug in.

20230727_134250.jpg

As this is a plastic free box, as soon as you lift the lid you are faced with... TISSUE PAPER!

20230727_135007.jpg

A LOT of tissue paper. The figure isn't tied down or anything, just wrapped up in a lot of paper and stuffed into a cardboard frame. There are a few ties on Nova himself to keep him together in transit, and his accoutrements are wrapped in a separate paper bag.

20230727_135126.jpg
    20230727_135210.jpg

THE FIGURE - ROBOT MODE

I never owned Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime, but I do have Siege Ultra Magnus so I knew what kind of figure this was going to be when I ordered him. Luckily I'm a fan of the Siege UM mold, so I'm happy :D 

20230727_140932.jpg

He's a bit dumpier than he looks on the box, he must've paid off the artist to make it a bit more flattering. The box art also leave off his MA-HOO-SIVE back cannons. Again, I never had Galaxy Prime so as a first impression of this particular mold I'm a fan. His wings are the only let down, they could be so much flashier, but I understand Hasbro have to limit those sorts of things for the sake of cost and making sure the transformation works as intended.

20230727_141005.jpg

The inner robot is another white Prime but with a new deco. The few spots of gold really pop in this mode and keep it from being too bland. I'd forgotten how off-white Magnus was until I had this guy in hand.

20230727_141602.jpg
    20230727_152324.jpg

THE FIGURE- VEHICLE MODE

Transformation is exactly the same as Galaxy Prime. Since I never handled this mold before I thought the front grill was missing from the truck mode until I realised the wheel pieces have the rest of the bumper attached to them. Crisis averted :lol 

20230727_143314.jpg

I really like how Nova looks in vehicle mode, beefy and imposing. Exactly as I'd imagine a genocidal maniac who's compensating for something would look.

20230727_153546.jpg
    20230727_153531.jpg
    20230727_153500.jpg

CONCLUSION

I really like this guy. Yeah, he's not as good looking as the box art would have you believe, but as someone who really liked the Siege Ultra Magnus mold I'm fine with Nova Prime, especially since I haven't had a chance to play around with this version of the mold before. This one's a winner for me.

"TIME TO KILL EVERYONE WHO'S DIFFERENT THAN ME!!"

j/k, obviously...

20230727_145204.jpg

• Like Like x 63
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi bro thanks, is there a way of separating the cannons?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine is due tomorrow, think all I'd need for upgrades is gap fillers for those big cannons, I know DNA did a set and so did YYW.

What are his tolerances like?

• Like Like x 7
  4. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really like the look of this fig despite knowing nothing about the character. I predict the inevitable upgrade kit will be glorious. However I am terrified to own this one for the equally inevitable yellowing....

• Like Like x 7
  5. AlvinC

AlvinC Making bad financial decisions

News Credits:
    Wings could be bigger and the hollow cannons on the back could be replaced/covered up with upgrade kits. Overall, considering what they had to work with I can’t complain too much. Still pretty cool official release, but I’m sure most would have enjoyed a new mold. I’m curious if they’ll repaint him into his Nemesis Prime colors

• Like Like x 7
  6. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    He feels really good in hand, no loose joints or too tight joints anywhere.

• Like Like x 5
  7. G1 Grimlock

G1 Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Retool of Siege version 

• Like Like x 2
  8. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Packaging is strange. Looks good, might get him. Kind of wish he looked more like how he does on the box art, at least proportion wise. Though I’m sure DNA will put out a kit for this.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rob

Rob Fanatic Films Supporter: Optimus Prime reborn!!!

News Credits:
    I so want that massive jerk to go on my asshole shelf along with ROTB Scourge and Jhaxius.

• Like Like x 15
  10. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm heavily debating getting this mold. I have the Cybertron and earth mode UM and the Cybertron Prime so this will be my fourth time with the mold...not that i've never owned four of the same mold before...

It looks cool but I'm not sure where he would fit in my collection.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do like this and think it’s fine, I think this is an instance where one can clearly see this would’ve much benefited from a new mold. Nova prime as a commander class new mold would’ve allowed for better wings and more detail/ engineering.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They should've scapped the back cannons in favor of bigger wings or just bigger better legs.

But it's an Amazon exclusive, so I wasn't expecting much.

Can the cannons detach at least, ot would I have to knock a pin out for that?

• Like Like x 7
  13. Primus Wept

Primus Wept Well-Known Member

Really excited for this, been a fan of Nova Prime for years. Gonna pair him with my season 3 Decepticons

• Like Like x 2
  14. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

as much as i agree with a lot of people here in saying that Nova needed a new mold altogether or that he could have just been remolded differently, like removing the guns and focusing on a different approach.

im still getting it. I just want a Nova Prime! its been 84 years.

And there is no way that DNA wont be creating an upgrade kit for this.

100% we'll get the thigh extensions. But maybe they will go ham with this guy and give us things like new wings and or lower leg armor. or hell, new armor entirely.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man they should give the GU mold a rest, he just doesn't look good compared to what a new mold could have done for him.
    Novaprime.png
    [​IMG]

Also the colour Hasbro uses for the non-clear windows still detracts from nearly any mold it touches.

• Like Like x 20
  16. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool but a little underwhelming. They could have done more with the wings atleast. Upgrade kits are going to fix this figure.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

Man, the more I look at him... The more I wish he was like boxart.

I honestly wish they used the Volvo Prime but made some extra mold changes to let him work with some Nova Prime Armor...

• Like Like x 11
  18. scottywan82

scottywan82 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you so much for the photos! When you have a chance, can you show us the back of the figure too? I am curious what it looks like with the wings.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id they wings had been better I would be more tempted but those stubby things look rough. Ill stick with my MMC version.

20. SaiyanBot

SaiyanBot Well-Known Member

It will be mine... oh yes it will be mine. And like others have said.... it\'s an official Nova figure and there WILL BE 3rd party add on for the wings etc...

• Like Like x 2