Legacy Evolution Junkion 2 Review

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Rakzo, Dec 27, 2022.

1. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Because Detritus IS a Junkion. Like, his species is Junkion and his homeworld is Junkion.
    Detritus (G1) - Transformers Wiki
    Now, he is 99.9999% certain to be a redeco of Hound, but it's not impossible that he ends up a retool of Scrapheap, or an all new Junkion mold. Just incredibly unlikely.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that they meant Detritus = Evolution Junkion, which is just hopium.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ShadowNinja7002

ShadowNinja7002 Banned

YouTube (Legacy):
    Apparently, you can replace Scraphook's vehicle mode front with two motorcycle fronts (as seen in the poster) AND be able to transform him without any partsforming!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't like him either. The wheels didn't stay on in bot mode. His waist was very loose and he fell over quite easily. After the hype I was very disappointed. I think the old rts wreck gar is a better figure even if he's not screen accurate.

I did get scrapheap though and I like him and scraphook as figures better than the main guy.

• Like Like x 3
  5. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Those are QC issues, not actual issues with the figure. I've got 6 versions of the Voyager and they didn't have those issues. A real complaint about a figure having a flaw would be the handlebars breaking on the Generations Wreck-Gar, which is a legit design flaw.

• Like Like x 3
  6. MisterGiullare

MisterGiullare 86 Rumble is the best figure don’t @ me

But nobody considered the idea.

what if HOUND is a weaponizer

7. Funtress0fPaen

Funtress0fPaen Bots are Hairless

I feel that\'s it\'s too much to ask for better scaling

8. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

There is a clear intention for these to function like Weaponizers. All you did was phrase what a Weaponizer does differently. It's like how the Fossilizers go by a different name and appearance but still do the same thing of coming apart to make add-ons for other bots. You going to go "They are FOSSILIZERS, obviously they're not doing the same thing! Look at the name!"?

These just do the same thing but worse than the previous iterations of the gimmick. Seems more like you're just wanting people to be more pedantic.

• Like Like x 3
  9. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:

Tutorial Wreck-Gar with Scraphook Sidecar - YouTube - 7 01.jpeg

Tutorial Wreck-Gar with Scraphook Sidecar - YouTube - 0 02.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

My plan is add a new head and a few paint apps to this Junkion and make a custom Nancy. She can then go alongside my 2010 Wreck Gar and custom Rum Maj from the PotP Wreck Gar as a deluxe biker Junkion.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. StraightPipedHemi392

StraightPipedHemi392 Well-Known Member

Well, Detritus IS a Junkion. Whether he’s going to be a weaponizer remains to be seen, but let’s also note that the bones of this mold date back several years. It’s old. Nothing from siege has made it into Legacy unless it’s a Selects or Buzzworthy release, correct me if I’m wrong. Personally, I think this mold is ok at best although as good as Hound has ever had. Hound historically has had a derpy transformation since G1 and everything since has recreated some of the same mistakes. It also doesn’t match the aesthetics of the Legacy Junkions: no spikes, cow catchers, gouges, or patchwork armor.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ShadowNinja7002

ShadowNinja7002 Banned

YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think Detritus will be a Weaponizer-type Junkion but more of a centerpiece/torso of an ultimate Junkion combiner.

13. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

My only issue with Scraphook's "leg mode" is that it doesn't have ankle tilt.

14. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Well, we already know that the upcoming Earth mode Hound (in the Buzzworthy line) is a retool of Siege Hound. It would be incredibly unlikely if Hound were to somehow be a weaponizer.

15. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Junkions don't need ankle tilts, they mash the ground into the appropriate shape to provide the angle needed for a tilt.

• Like Like x 2
  16. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Hm. I didn't have any issues with the tires on two Wreck-Gars or Junkheap. The waist should lock in, but no issue standing. Sounds like you got a lemon. I do love the old RTS deluxe! That's probably why I'm more excited about the new Evolution Junkions. I'm all for different takes on classics, I'm not bent on "screen accuracy."

17. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh-huh, thanks for clearing that up
    Weaponizers form guns

Modular Battlestations form battle Stations and "armor"

Fossilizers form melee weapons and combine to form monstrosities

Energon Monsters were kinda skipped

Junkions are designed to transform without partsforming as one new gimmick as well as forming weapons and armor for larger figures and they can also swap parts and combine with other junkions

So, the junkions do almost everything previous gimmick toys did, so they can't be perfect at a Single one of those features.
    If you expect weaponizers from the junkions you're misleading yourself. They are designed differently. It's not just Name slapping
    I didn't know he was a Junkion. That previous generations hound with ravage is pretty much perfect imho

18. renkencen

renkencen Seekers of the cheaper prices

News Credits:
    Interesting that it isn't PVP or Chefatron that were the "first" to had gotten hold of this character.

As for the figure, I know it's not the final product per say but from the look of it, I probably give it a pass. It's not as interesting as I thought it would be.

• Like Like x 1
  19. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    It's splitting hairs. Each of those subgroups were designed to split apart and interact with other figures by attaching to them. Each has their own specific twist to the same formula.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

So you're going to continue to be pedantic. It's still just a reskin of the gimmick and it's perfectly reasonable to point out they don't form convincing weapons like literally everything that did it beforehand. It's the same gimmick, just now they can transform without partsforming. That doesn't keep it from being effectively the same thing.

Fossilizers could easily form guns too. Modulators were could be weapons. Just look at the Weaponizer build thread (or by your standards should it all be separated into several threads because they're not technically "Weaponizers"?) 5mm ports and posts placed can be easy tickets to versatility. These for some reason are the first ones that don't appear to make weapons or shields. It's not that it doesn't do it perfectly, it's like they didn't even do it at all despite them openly calling it the next in line for the gimmick during streams.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 3