Legacy evolution Breakdown

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by computron179, Oct 12, 2022.

1. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Got him from Amazon yesterday. Probably my favorite of the Legacy Stunticons. The color scheme looks great, even on a reused alt-mode. Great proportions and mine has better posability than the Wildrider does. I don't mind the alt-mode and I'll just split the spoiler and glue it into place anyway. No downside outside of three minutes of work.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    He is fine. Yeah his car mode is lacking. I wish they did something similar to Dragstrip and Deadend. Two completely different looking figures but the transformation is like 85% the same. My biggest issue is the spoiler. Wish they did the ER Wheeljack thing. The hidden gun storage is a positive. He’s not junk but he could be a lot better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Buffbeefbroth23

Buffbeefbroth23 Member

He's actually my second favorite of the legacy stunticon cars, after Dragstrip. I was never really into the stunticons in general so this whole set has been pretty fun, having no expectations going into it. I might also be the only person on the planet that actually enjoys his gun/spoiler combo "axe".

• Like Like x 3
  5. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

He's fine, since I guess I'm in on Menasor now. As a calf filler, he's solid, but the hood bend for that meant that nothing interesting could be done with 1/3 of the car.

Splitting the spoiler cleanly is trivial. The car holds together well, not a given after having to boil Dead End. I don't actually like the shape of the car, yet oddly it's not the new parts- the front end is oddly lumpy and lacking in flow, a holdover from Wildrider.

The transformation is everything we've seen before, tracing back at least 8 years, and lacking anything like Dead End's interesting shoulder transformation because of the combiner transformation. The exception to this statement is how the hood splits, but that's just baffling. Is it to give clearance in transformation? A remnant of a plan to do something more with the Menasor transformation?

The robot is fine. I was hoping to find something that clicked with me in his simplicity, but no dice. And since the leg robots were the obvious way to cut costs on developing Menasor, the dullest part of this set unfortunately gets repeated twice. Dead End absolutely has his flaws, but they're all in his leg halves while his upper half is actually quite good, so he wins out.

Now, I got in late so Wildrider has been and gone. One benefit to the legs being functional clones means that getting a second copy of this would be a way to finish Menasor. It's not bad after all, and on balance I did save a lot on Motormaster, enough to make up for having to buy a couple of middling figures to complete the set.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

I’m on the page of Breakdown and Dragstrip being my favorite two deluxe Stunticons. Motormaster is a class to himself - literally. Combined - I’m very satisfied. While not screen accurate, I wish the interior of the front legs had some color from Breakdown and Wildrider to simulate the vehicles’ presence so you just didn’t see to combination of vehicles from the backside. But I’m thrilled and CW versions will be sold off at some point. Im curious if they plan to do the other combiners. I still love my CW versions of the others as the Stunticons were the weakest, but I imagine they can improve on the others somehow with the Commander class use.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Even though it's not Halloween, Breakdown will always find something to be paranoid of.
    breakdown mouse.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my breakdown in and he’s a fine figure. Although I wish his spoiler split apart. Anyone know the best way to split it in half? Thanks
    816FDC0D-F03C-4899-A4BE-7913E7B33045.jpeg 2B0DBBC4-39EE-484F-A68E-0F9846CCF4C1.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  9. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Some ideas from this thread

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    This was the intended look for Menasor.
    F6F69B07-1034-44B4-A4B4-2B1CE505B4E6.jpeg
    01053405-8BAD-4B30-9901-5DCCB98E48B0.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Man, this figure is the definition of "I have to get it to complete the combiner". It's a bad remold of a bad figure... hanging out with three other really good figures.

Bummer that all 5 couldn't have been good.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    breakdown jaguar.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
  14. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

For now....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hay guyz!

So apparently there's a weird variation for Breakdown's instructions. Mine is simply vanilla "Legacy", but others have "Evolution"-style instructions for Breakdown.
    Legacy Breakdown instructions.jpg Legacy Evolution Breakdown instructions.jpg

Trying to figure out if there's a method to it. The Breakdown figure itself has its manufacturing date stamp on the inside of the right thigh, underneath the Hasbro product code number #7187.

Breakdown with date stamp 22531, packaging with date stamp 22621: "Evolution" instructions

Breakdown with date stamp 22631, packaging with date stamp 22641: "Legacy" instructions

Breakdown with date stamp 22771: ????

Breakdown with date stamp 22781, packaging with date stamp 22911: "Legacy" instructions

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Did you just cut it with strength or did you slam the hammer on the back of the knife?

Anyway, it looks good. Something that should've been done in production.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I did this to mine last night.

I had to heat my Exacto knife slightly so I can apply pressure to the back of the spoiler and just get a groove formed. There is a raised piece on the back exactly where you need to cut; but this actually makes it difficult, because the knife slides off easily.

Once you get a little groove formed, then I just used the knife as is. It took a bit to get all the way through. Totally do-able though. Just take your time.

• Like Like x 4
  18. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus aka Biggerer Convoy

....... Yep. Whosoever holds the hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power to split delicate plastic spoilers right down the middle.

Be brave my friend

Edit: seriously though, what @gbm said. Take your time. I made a groove with a hot x-acto and lightly tapped it a few times while it sat on the groove.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Thanks @LongarmMagnus & @gbm :thumb 

Still not too crazy about Breakdown, but that's because since with the G1 toys him and Dead End had the same lower body transformation, i.e. the legs rotating outward with the wheels ending up on the inside, so to me HasTak should've made a new lower body to be used for Dead End and Breakdown, with a minor remould for the altmodes.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought a retail version and got one from China. The instructions for both were the purple ones, but the Chinese ones were almost glossy papered, and they included the steps to form the leg for Menasor. The US ones do not.

• Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1