Legacy Deluxe class Elita-1

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by YellowCorvette, Jun 17, 2022.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Staff edit:
    Please note the following thread-
    Regarding leaks, the ethics around it, and how it's handled at TFW2005

Keep discussion about Elita 1, not how the figure was obtained

With that note in mind, time for the figure itself.

"I can deal with Decepticons. Elita One knows no fear!"

IMG-1187.jpg

As part of the upcoming 2nd wave of figures from the Transformers: Legacy toyline, Legacy Elita-one here is a brand-new mold (Which was rumored to be a pre-tool that could be used for a Minerva figure sometime in the future) at a Deluxe-class price point. I got this figure a bit earlier through a "famous" Shopee seller who allegedly got a lot of "revealed but yet to be available at retail" figures.

Robot Mode

On its own, Legacy Elite-1 is a pretty neat mainline figure at a deluxe-class price point. She has a solid feel (At least, by current mainline's standards), most of the joints have just the right tolerance to feel neither too tight nor loose, and there are little hollow gaps throughout the figure.

IMG-1185.jpg

For posability, Legacy Elita-1 here boasts some pretty respectable articulation points, such as wrist swivels, elbow swivel which bends slightly beyond 90 degrees, waist swivel, ankle tile, etc. There's enough articulation to pull off most standard poses, but nothing too crazy.

Do note that the horn detailing molded at the top of Elita's shoulder could hinder the shoulder's range of motion in certain positions, however.

IMG-1189.jpg

Optionally, the "Minerva-ish" backpack has various hinges that could allow them to be collapsed into a more compact form on her back (Which is actually a part of her transformation into alt mode), even if this just makes her look like she's wearing some kind of turtle shell on her back.

IMG-1195.jpg

Size Comparison

The figure might seem a bit on the small side in photos, but in person, she was close to being the same size as some of your average mainline deluxe-class fembot molds (And the "Minerva-ish" backpack configuration does help in giving this figure some sort of size advantages)

Studio Series Jet Shatter, Legacy Elita-One, and Thrilling 30/Legends Arcee:

IMG-1297.jpg

Accessories

Accessory-wise, Legacy Elita-one comes with 2 pairs of "Energon Blasters" and 1 "lightbar". Both of the "Energon Blasters" are molded differently from each other, and were molded in a transparent medium blue color.

IMG-1197.jpg

The presumably "lightbar" has a look reminiscent of the top part of Elita's helmet, and can be pegged into the 5mm port at the top roof part of the alt mode, as a callback to how Elita's "vehicle mode" looks like in the G1 cartoon.] (At least, what little glimpses we saw of it)

IMG-1151.jpg

Speaking of alt mode...

Vehicle Mode

Legacy Elita-one transforms into this... eh, interesting-looking car mode. The transformation is admittedly
    quite easy, and I honestly don't mind the somewhat cartoony look of this alt mode although this look might not be for everyone.

IMG-1199.jpg

The back end of the alt mode is... a bit all over the place, with the top part of the feet barely disguising themselves as some kind of exhaust ports. These are 5mm port compactible, and any 5mm port compactible WFC trilogy blast effects can comfortably fit in here for some exhaust blasting effects.

IMG-1200.jpg

Overall, this figure is a perfectly fine addition to the Legacy line and a pretty good fembot mold to boot. If you're tired of all of the nonsense with the heavy "backpack-forming" that most of the previous mainline deluxe fembot molds, then this figure could be the breath of fresh air you're looking for.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 20
  2. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

I really like how this looks! And the alt mode looks like fun!

3. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooh, she looks good. I'm glad the horns on the roof of vehicle mode can be removed, and the collapsed backpack is a good look (but I actually think I prefer it extended). She is a bit on the short side, especially with SS86 Arcee coming out soon who is the same height at the T30, but I can overlook that.

Now, I wonder how many repaints/remolds of this mold are gonna come out past the inevitable Minerva and probably Nightbeat? I could see it working as Moonracer and Chromia given they also has the square car mode, and you could probably do Greenlight and Lancer given that their vehicle modes in the cartoon are never shown if I remember correctly. Firestar is definitely more of a hauler, though, and I think I speak for a number of people when I say I don't want the Autobot Resistance to look practically identical like how they were treated in POTP/Siege.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does her face look like she's crying? Looks like she has tears down her face..

5. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    As for Elita’s face that makes her looks like she’s crying, those are supposed to be molded-in panel lines to add some details. It’s just the way those lines was sculpted that makes her look like that.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    The “cranial panel” stores in robot mode in the same place it would in vehicle mode, right? Don’t want to leave that piece around and potentially lost.

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I may consider this figure.

8. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Yup, same place in both modes. You don't need to remove said "cranium" in both modes, but it's still an optionally removable part if you want to use said 5mm port for something else.

9. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    Ah- in that case, probably won't remove it from there once I get my copy.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I quite like it, though I could see myself preferring an eventual Minerva recolor. Either way, it's a very nice head/face sculpt, neither too awkwardly polygonal nor uncannily doll-like.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Can the feet be easily removed? I ask because I'm hoping a Third Party makes new ones that make Elita taller.

12. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    I thiiiink they're just on friction nubs so they should be easy?

13. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Yup, those feet are connected to the lower legs via friction nubs for the ankle hinge; I don't think it would be too difficult for 3P workshops to design some kind of new feet that fits in more seamlessly into the rear end of the alt mode.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I love it! This is easily replacing my Netflix Elita.

15. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the feet folding to reveal thrusters is a very clever solution to the hole many alt modes have. I will get her. Although, I do wish the alt mode front would’ve been a little less earthy and more futuristic/aerodynamic, like Hot Rod (which her alt-mode slightly resembles).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  16. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking really good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

She looks real good, if a bit on the short side. Even retains some of the more 'heroic' look her PotP figure had (without the obvious exaggeration).

Still leaning toward picking up Minerva over her, but that's more because I'm still fine with PotP Elita and her larger stature.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

The car mode is what it is, though it does remind me a butnof a baby car with the fairly square proportions and bright colours. The back end is a bit empty, but flipping over the feet at the ankle tilts does help, and also dies enough that I don't mind hervfeet just hanging out at the back.

I like the leg transformation, though the rest is a fairly standard shell, and a little clunky at that.

The robot mode is good, though the edges of her roof piece do get in the way of some natural moves for her arms, nothing major. Her arms feel a smidge short actually, just as a general impression.

It's a fine mold though, and a step in the right direction for one of these G1 fembots to have some consequential integration of the vehicle into the core robot mode.

19. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    To recreate the whole "Optimus come back!!!" scene. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Said it once and I'll say it again, this is a great fembot. I hope they do more like Chromia or Moonracer

• Like Like x 1