Legacy Core Dinobots Slug & Sludge Official In-Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Why would they make chibi Dinobots when none of the other core class figures are chibi?

• Like Like x 8
  2. Enemy

Enemy Just hoping everything works out soon.

Question: for anyone who already has Slag, the combined head comes off, right? What kind of connection is it? I have some ideas for that head...

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Why not? I'd love some adorable little dinobois.

4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    5mm post on the head (pretty sure it's 5mm) plugging into a hold on Slag. The head stores in the gun when not in combined mode.

5. Enemy

Enemy Just hoping everything works out soon.

5mm? Should've figured. May pick one up to mod if i find one on clearance. Count me in for the retools though.

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I'm not saying they shouldn't do chibi Dinobots, but doing the core class Dinobots as chibi when none of the other core class figures are chibi would be incredibly out of place among the rest of the line. If they were to do chibi Dinobots then it should be something separate like the Dinobots Adventures subline.

Yea, I think it's 5mm, but I don't have him on hand at the moment to verify, can double check after I get off work though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bustermaster

Bustermaster GREAT - ROBOT - BASED

News Credits:
    It’s 5mm all around for the gestalt ports, individual robot hands are 3mm

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Why not? It couldn't look worse than what is being released.

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Honestly, what's being released really isn't that bad in hand, and chibi Dinobots would absolutely look worse in context of Legacy Evolution and the aesthetics of the rest of the Core Class figures. As it's own little subline? Sure, but not as part of the main line.

10. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

True, but I'm pretty sure most people who are getting the Dinoforce variant are getting it to go with Star Saber & Deathsaurus. Regardless the height probably won't be as bad as I'm making it out to be.

Hopefully they'll reveal the leg bots in wave 2 so we can get a good idea of how tall he is.

Regarding Slug that's good to hear, I have him in my POL, but I'm waiting for more Legacy Evo figures to come in before I ship him out. I'm sure regardless it'll be a fun little set even if I think Sludge's bot mode looks very derpy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Requesting Chibi Dinobots makes as much sense as requesting TFA style or Movie style Dinobots— that’s not really what the Legacy core class is shooting for…

But yeah, technically anything is possible.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Fair warning, I'm not as critical as a lot of people on the boards seem to be, but aside from a lack of elbows I think Slag is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aldo

Aldo Well-Known Member

Combine mode torso looks great honestly. Hoping the limbs are good and that Swoops wings come off to connect on the back.

Looking forward to any 3rd party upgrades for this guy too. I have a feeling a lot of companies will jump on this like they did with the POTP Volcanicus.

14. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    But they're too small for that. Core Slag's around the same size as Core Shockwave.

[​IMG]

Slag should be big enough that Shockwave only comes up to around the bottom of his shoulder.

[​IMG]

Problem is, between Deluxe and Leader you've got a lot of wiggle room to get scale right(ish), but not so much with only Core-class. That's why every guy from Hot Rod and Ratchet all the way up to Slag is the same size.

It's ok. I'll forgive this oversight. I figure that Slag's gotta be a pretool for Kakuryu/Slog, and I'm in for Dinoking/Monstructor. I mean, Kakuryu's pretender shell is a Triceratops, Slag's a triceratops, they both form the upper torso/head of their combiners. And we already know that Sludge forms the lower torso and thighs for Core-class Volcanicus, and wouldn't you know it Rairyu (whose pretender shell is a brontosaurus) forms the lower torso and thighs of Dinoking. And the rest of Dinoking includes a T-Rex (like Grimlock), a pterodactyl (like Swoop), and a stegosaurus (like Snarl). The only catch in all of this is that those were just the pretender shells, not the inner bots, and outside of Japan we had weird alien monsters instead making up Monstructor. But, if the new 6th member of Volcanicus turns out to be an ankylosaurus...

15. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Yeah, there is no scale with Core Class.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Core Class also very obviously doesn't use sunbow scale. There's 2 concurrent scales in Core Class, Generations Scale (those that are meant to go with the larger figures) and Core Scale (those that are small versions of larger characters). Core scale really only has 3 sizes so far (exosuit human, minibot and non minobots). Since the Dinobots are smaller scale versions of larger characters they very obviously fall into the latter category, too small or not.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Nah. There isn't two concurrent scales, where one isn't Sunbow. There's one scale for little guys like Wheelie and Spike, and no scale, anything goes for the rest as Hasbro stuffs in popular characters that parents might buy their kids on a whim at $10-12 but not at Voyager/Leader prices.

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    If there's not 2 concurrent scales then why are there 2 concurrent scales? Also, the Spike and Minibot i was referring to were the ones from the buzzworthy 2 pack, that bumblebee is smaller than other cores and the spike is even smaller, but sure, there's no scale there :rolleyes: 
    lOb6omQ.jpg

19. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Scale is a silly argument, if only by the bases that the pretenders are core class figures, which I have no idea how they scale with the leaders. So far they've done figures who are either meant to scale to the chug collection, or are about all the same size. Megs, starscream, optimus, soundwave, etc, etc. But with the dinobots being the same size, scale goees out the window. Unless you say they're dinoking pretools, in which case confusion? Think scale is pointless in core class

20. Stratospheric

Stratospheric Banned

Idc about scale, I just want that Dinoforce repaint of the Core Dinobots. Hoping it's a boxset

• Like Like x 1