Legacy Breakdown alt

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You\'ve GOT to be kidding me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "This toyline does not have the need for a set budget because the company is big" is a completely detached from reality claim. I would hazard the guess that the reason you're interacting less with the TF community is because you get called wrong often. There is not a single line in the series that thrives off nothing but an endless stream of brand new molds, not even Masterpiece.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Silly Dave

Silly Dave Well-Known Member

From a quick glance the only remolded bit is the back of the car, and all they really did was move the ports down so a spoiler could be pegged in. Aside from the robot mode parts of course.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Strangely, I’ve seen more people that like the toy having “breakdowns” than those who don’t like it.

And I wouldn’t blame people for having a “breakdown” over investing over $100 in a set, only to have the worst part of it backloaded AFTER they’ve bought probably 3/5 of it. Scummy practices are scummy practices. I don’t even hate this thing, but I can plainly see when the customer is getting shafted in a big way.

• Like Like x 19
  5. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    That's not what the other guy said. He said it's literally all they changed. Key word literally. It's not all they changed and he corrected it. Whether or not it's not memorable is irrelevant. And it is memorable, I was just thinking over the weekend that a new waist would do a great job at differentiating the robot modes. And they do.

So a Reprolabels set can fix this, great.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Boople Barp

Instagram:
    Not going to argue with the first part, but I am struggling to imagine a person seriously thinking that the 1.5 cm of plastic making up his waist is the ticket to differentiating these two. A new head, chest, and waist don’t mean a lot when the arms and leg panels jump out immediately.

• Like Like x 3
  7. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

News Credits:
    Yes every now and then Hasbro gets a hit. However, overall Hasbro's choices for the Transformers brand in its entirety have been very disappointing.

It's not just one decision...this is just one more poor choice, in a long line of poor choices that have painted Hasbro in an extremely distasteful light IMO. If you like and enjoy what Hasbro is doing, good on you. However, I don't find Hasbro's MO to be in good taste.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    A complete legacy Menasor will be in the ballpark of $190 total, before tax, if you go by pulse prices.

• Like Like x 3
  9. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I would be ROFLing if I wasn't such a Stunticon fanboy. It's painful to me that one of my favorite transformers characters (and one of my all time favorite cars) just got p00ped on by Hasbro.

And I know, some of you think we should just enjoy the etc and not criticize etc etc. Too bad for you.

When Hasbro first announced Legacy Menasor, I was in for 3 sets. When I got Dragstrip and realized how hideous he looks and how cheap he feels in hand, I went down to 2 sets.

Now I am down to 1 set. That is probably my least favorite looking Menasor (in a world where CW Menasor exists :confused: )

• Like Like x 13
  10. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    I didn't say it makes the difference, but it really helps. The arms on thy both of them are pretty plain design wise so I'm not bothered by them sharing them, but the shins should really been different too. But the waist really helps because it's part of the torso and changing the waist completes the entire torso being unique, leaving the limbs as the only reused parts. Since we're obviously forced to deal with a retool, leaving the limbs as the only parts that are the same for robot mode seems acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Everyone's down on Breakdown's car mode, when the bigger Stunticons / Menasor issue is the chunk of "gun tower" left over from Motormaster that can't attach to the combined mode in any way.

• Like Like x 3
  12. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Actually a few stickers on the windows and headlights will fix it even better.

Transformers_G1_Breakdown_car.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Boople Barp

Instagram:
    Also, I distinctly remember the CW combiners being shown in full regardless of how the team was split up wave-wise. If Hasbro didn’t make the decision to hide the worst part of the set, they did make the decision to not be as transparent as they have been previously. This isn’t troop movement, we don’t need to have combiner components guarded until their wave gets shown.

I curved the original Betatron Computron because it bucked the trend of showing us the rest of the team way back when. Afford me that same luxury, please.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  14. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That "chunk" can be thrown in a box or drawer and forgotten (seriously, who is gonna display motormaster in his baby truck mode?).

A Lambo-in-disquise is way more egregious in my mind. Perhaps if these had been stylized like the CW release, it wouldn't bother anyone.

• Like Like x 3
  15. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    Maybe you shouldn't always give Hasbro a pass or make excuses for them when they're clearly cheapening out. There is no reason this should've happened and if they clearly can't fully commit to one of their character's alt modes looking right then some major priorities need to be checked on. But sure, everyone that has valid complaints about this are just crybabies right?

• Like Like x 21
  16. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Empathy =/= entitled.

• Like Like x 8
  17. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Perhaps DNA will modify their upgrade kit again to include a new front end for Breakdown.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Boople Barp

Instagram:
    See, you have to eat the garbage to feel bad for those whole already have a belly full :D 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Counterpoint: I've been in this since day one in 1984. The last few years are the best mass retail versions of the G1 characters ever produced. Ever. Not everything is perfect, no, but if you don't see the effort going into these lines at this point, that's a you problem.

• Like Like x 10
  20. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

Now do the differences in their colors, and you’ll just about have it. :p 

To be fair, I feel ya.
    Last week I was up in arms about Breakdown having Wildrider’s Ferrari front end.
    My outrage cooled off a bunch (though believe me, I felt it), and all things considered I think Breakdown has turned out pretty ok.

There’s things about it that upset me, and so many of us here.
    And I’m sure Hasbro knows it.
    But at the end of the day, I feel there’s a lot to appreciate about Breakdown here, but even more so this whole Stunticon set they’ve developed.

Perfect?
    No.

Pretty cool, fun, and enjoyable?
    Yeah!!!! For the most part, I think it is. :D 

• Like Like x 4