Legacy Armada Starscream and Inferno in pack shots.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dann86, Jul 5, 2022.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Ah, either way, it is accurate to model/design seen in the show. Even if it is an error...

• Like Like x 6
  2. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Description from Jtprime:
    Sounds like the cannons are movable as expected.
    E31F0240-0C27-4BCD-9DB7-265323A3336B.jpeg D6ECA414-AA5C-405A-A11A-2BA929E389C7.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    You can even see divets in the yellow painted part where the fins will lock in when the cannons are flipped around

• Like Like x 3
  4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    You’re taking that part out of context. That wasn’t my point.

I didn’t mean to say that I don’t want them to make new show accurate versions of those characters. Of course I understand that older toys may become less accessible or affordable over time.

Just saying I don’t mind them doing a new and different take (as they are doing now), as a response to someone who asked what my thoughts were on what Hasbro is actuality doing at the moment.

In the same post, I even said these reimagining aren’t for me and I won’t be buying any. I just don’t mind Hasbro trying something different. If it turns out they don’t sell, they’ll stop doing them like that.

One last thing, Prime and especially Animated were made at a time with seemingly less budget restraints. Great material, size, super accurate sculpt work and hardly any missing paint apps. To be frank, I don’t think Hasbro in its current state could match that level within the mainline budget. They’d have to cut corners somewhere.

5. Tfcollector97

Tfcollector97 tfsomegaguy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Saying it does less then a deluxe is kinda pushing it sure it’s missing a gimmick or two but mainline hasn’t done actual gimmicks since who knows the starscream still passes as being a voyager for the size and materials used.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    I just realized Starscream's face is the wrong color. It's supposed to be grey, not beige/white.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Same.
    I need to see a LOT more before deciding to be excited or disappointed.

I am hoping it improves.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Oh shit, you can indeed. Definitely the jet turbines/cannons can sit on his chest like they should and the description mentioned.
    Oh and you definitely will when Hasbro themselves reveals him and Starscream and in hand shots at SDCC.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What, Prime was made with great material? Almost the entire line is affected by the cheap hollow plastic syndrome!

A great show with a cheap toy line!

• Like Like x 2
  10. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This. I'm not sure why anyone thought you wouldn't be able to articulate them, to begin with. There are clearly joints and such there.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    A bit whelmed by Starscream at the moment. Was hoping going from deluxe to voyager would result in a bigger upgrade from the T30, specifically in the wing sword and paint deco department. Will wait for additional photos before fully judging. Lovely facesculpt though.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Imma stick to the copium of Starscream being the Rhinox of the Armada cast toy wise where it's the underwhelming odd one out but still serviceable

14. samisham

Honestly, Starscream makes me even more interested in Hotshot because this means he will almost certainly have both the axelzooka and full articulation. RIP Jolt though.

Assuming it is the Armada version that is.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    First, I feel it was unnecessary to stoop to personal insults when I haven’t done the same to you. (Thank you mods for cleaning it up). It’s a discussion about Armada Starscream, and I just happen to disagree with you; this doesn’t need to get heated.

Now Blitzwing’s thing may have been an error, but it was a consistent error, making it toon accurate. I don’t even like how it looks, but it was necessary for cartoon accuracy. But I think Blitzwing is actually an example of Hasbro not bending over backwards for G1 more than Unicron Trilogy because he doesn’t look good in jet mode. Armada Starscream looks great in both modes. If anything, Legacy Armada Starscream, Override, and Metroplex are all demonstrating that Hasbro is finally giving Unicron Trilogy stuff the same respect as G1: mostly cartoon accurate, well-articulated, and adequately painted.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Soundwavedragon

Soundwavedragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Starscream looks good, but the Star Saber is too small I'll just give the Star Saber to Nightprowler.

• Like Like x 1
  17. samisham

We'll almost definitely get Armada Thundercracker and Skywarp, but I'd like to see Acid and Sunstorm from this as well.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Seeing inferno now is like an early birthday present 16 days early.

• Like Like x 5
  19. StarSaber

StarSaber Well-Known Member

But those features defined the *toyline* and not the characters per se. This isnt Armada v2. This is Armada Starscream v3.

Topspin and Twin Twist were Jumpstarters but the TR versions were not.

The Monsterbots had spark-shooters. The TR versions didnt.

G1 Optimus Prime had his Roller drone. Pretty much every version from Classics onward didn't aside from an inclusion in an exclusive online accessory pack.

Almost all of the Powermasters lacked their Nebulon partners and none of the few released as retooled cassettes "unlocked" their transformations.

Pretty much none of the G1 OR G2 characters released from Classics onward came with their missle-firing weapons (or Laser Rod gimmick with Laser Optimus).

Neither Skylynx not Titans Trypticon and Omega Supreme carried over their motorized walking.

Legacy Pretenders don't have their shells and that was the subline's whole gimmick.

G1 wasnt all Combiners and Triple-Changers. They had other gimmicks too and most did NOT get carried over to newer interations.

-SS (it really shouldnt come as a surprise that AEC characters don't come with their Mini-Cons)

• Like Like x 10
  20. InstantClazzic

InstantClazzic Well-Known Member

Inferno is absolutely perfect. Starscream is pretty close. I didn\'t expect the wing to fold up to form the sword like the original, and it doesn\'t. However I\'m slightly disappointed we\'re not getting the minicons. Is it a deal breaker, probably not,but I\'m not sure I\'m going to preorder SS. Inferno though is a definitive instant preorder