Legacy Armada Starscream and Inferno in pack shots.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dann86, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    4th panel is there and it looks like it might be able to spin, the cuts on the abdomen in ant mode are curious

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

What gimmicks? Even Optimus is lacking his ax.

Regardless, I think the reason why they didn't make the sword become a wing is because it would have made the wings too small. I would rather have a smaller sword that looks correct and can actually be held by the figure then a large sword wing that looks weird and will cause the figure to fall over when he holds it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

i recently went out of town to pick up the cybertron red star saber and skyboom, theyre currently with my energon downshift cause he just holds weapons really well, but im excited to put those weapons in megatrons hands when he comes out.

im... mixed on the pack in star saber. its really cute, and a super cool item to come with Starscream mainly since he was the first to get it (on the deceps side) in the show, but its just so... small :3
    The star saber was a weapon that was so powerful an ancient civilization was turned to dust by it, and then they split it up so its destruction could not be wrought again, it determined who was the winning team for a good chunk of the show, thats how powerful it was. seeing it rendered like a lil blueberry ice lolly makes me laugh. Its a really thoughtful pack-in, with really mid execution.

If i wanted to get really nitpicky i could also mention that one of the core gimicks of Legacy (so we're told) is combining weapons, and this is the first historic combining weapon thats shown up, and its tiny and one piece.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Holy shit are Optimus Prime's iconic hands grey??????? What are these disgusting not earth alternate modes do them all again

• Like Like x 8
  5. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I really like how these two look, I like how Starscream almost looks like an upscaled T30 version really close to being the definitive version of this incarnation. I'm actually glad the wing doesn't become the sword, Armada Thundercracker was my first ever Transformer and he is still complete however the way that wing worked I am not surprised people lost it. My two gripes with Starscream are why doesn't he come with Swindle if Blaster came with Eject? and also the absence of Minicon ports is bizarre when they were present on Bulkhead. Just seems so weird how two features Armada Starscream was known for having aren't on him..

Inferno looks great, I wanted something like the original toy but more show accurate and actually having ankle tilt so he could stand better. I also like how his gun looks even if it isn't accurate. Kind of amazing that now the Season 1 Beast Wars is fully recreated I can't wait to see more from the show!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Primes ax was in the centurion pack. The wing didnt become the sword because it was fucking ugly when it did. The sword looked terrible and this new one isn't perfect but its better.

I'll still probably print transforming wings though lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say it's the first combining weapon, the action master partners combined with the figures weapons back during G1, and then you've got stuff like Ruination's rifle which combined all the guns of the commandos in Rid2001

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I’m okay without 1 of the wings on Starscream turning into a sword. It was thick on the original, more like a wing/slab plus I prefer the symmetrical wing look. Also glad the sword doesn’t fold like the T30 swords. Just hoping there’s an alternate way to plug it in when in jet mode that doesn’t look like the sword is hanging off a 5mm port.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    well he did day it was the first that showed up, presumably meaning in these toylines

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

They definitely could have, but I don't think they actually have figured it out yet.

I see a lot of people talking about how all the effort goes to designing the G1 figures. I don't think that's entirely due to design preferences, instead being a fact that G1 dudes get new figures way more often. They've had a million different G1 Optimus toy designs, which is why the Earthrise figure is as well designed as it is. Armada Starscream has had what, 5 figures? Most of which aren't really accurate? This guy seems to be a lot more show accurate and posable at the expense of Gimmicks, which is to be expected of someone who's never really been properly designed physically.

So while the gimmicks may be missing, this is a good stepping stone towards getting them eventually. They nailed the initial design, which means that everything else will be the focus next time.

God, I hope they re-release that pack. Not having an ax for Prime or a mace for Megs just feels wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I stand corrected. I see the 4th panel, now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Honestly I'm shocked the ax ever got so prominent. It was there for like one fight and suddenly its a must have. Animated Prime is the only one that looks amazing with the ax tbh

• Like Like x 1
  13. SG Unicron

SG Unicron Well-Known Member

Blown away by Starscream. Hope we get the other three armada seekers too!
    Tough, I do wish the starsaber was bigger. This one doesn\'t feel as imposing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Sonic fans have at least been bullied into self awareness. Transformers fans get away with that shit

• Like Like x 9
  15. ProfessionalIcee

ProfessionalIcee I have a fear of places so I want to change shape.

I really hope his jaw can’t pop off, or takes as much effort as the heads do. I worry about how many headless Infernos show up at my local Walmart.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did they forget to fold over the jet intakes down over screamers shoulder or are they solid?

17. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    They fold back to take up less space, there's nothing stopping them from staying up

• Like Like x 5
  18. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

*Wipes a tear from his eye* Oh, my boy Inferno is beautiful...

Hasbro, can you please redo all the rest of Season 1 as good as you did with Tarantulas and Inferno? Or at least just Rattrap, Cheetor, and Rhinox? Or at least just Rhinox? Looking at Kingdom Rhinox and then looking at Legacy Tarantulas and Inferno makes my head implode.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lupine Maximus

Lupine Maximus Decepticon Powermaster

Anyone else feel like Starscream is going to get an add on from DNA Design to include a fold up sword, and minicon post on a new back pieces, and maybe even a Swindle? A new star saber minicons pack might be much to ask for from the set too, but if anyone still has the OG Armada star saber, that will definitely be replacing the toothpick included with Starscream.

20. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Glad to see it's not the literal deluxe upscale that the g1 voyager was. I will be happy to get this.

20220705_141420.jpg

• Like Like x 2