Legacy Animated Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

I beg to differ, they all suck and are very visible from certain angles.
    Plus you can say the same about this Bee since the shoulders are confirmed to be mis-transformed.
    They're supposed to be rotated forward so they sit at an angle like the original TFA design.
    It's still a shitty design regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Reminds me of Hot Shot's unpainted fake car kibble on the arms that's so barely visible it may as well not be there. ArmadabOptimus also lacks gold or yellow on his feet which admittedly isn't the biggest thing (but it'd would have been nice to have ONE toy of him actually get both hands and feet right). And of course prices are still going up more sharply than ever. I'm petty sure a few other toys have suffered from a lack of paint as well (SS Crosshairs is another that instantly comes to mind). Unfortunate because I think the Siege trilogy actually did pretty well in that regard.
    Don't forgot one of the most famous ones; ROTF Leader Optimus plus ROTF Jetfire. Also DOTM Ultimate Optmius and I'm sure there's quite a number of other movie toys he worked on as well.
    The funny thing about Prowl imo is that his body actually DOES aesthetically look like an Animated design. Height aside if the existing head were swapped with a hypothetically show accurate one it'd work perfectly.
    I'm not sure I agree here. Most of them nailed the look but articulation was definitely all over the place and the now standard ankle tilts for stability were very much a minority (the only one I own and can recall having them is Leader Megatron). Some like Voyager Optimus were otherwise solid but for instance Starscream's a notable case of gorilla arms and just wonkiness overall. Blackarachnia is also a rather unstable and oddball figure. There's Pre-Earth Megatron who's two toys didn't properly capture his alt mode either. A number of those figures definitely have improvements that could be made; the problem is we're not getting proper updates but instead toys that would have made sense 15 or even 10 years ago but not really now.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nitrostorm the skystriker

Nitrostorm the skystriker Average Transformers Prime fan

Thank god it isn't going to end up looking that horrible. I still think the head on this is way too small though

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

huh. Haven't heard anyone say that yet.
    I'm not sure if it would make it look better or worse TBH.
    The proportions are definitely intended to be less child-like than the original.
    I dunno, I'd have to see it.

5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's perspective, he's small so normally you will not be looking into his underarms...
    IMG_6634.jpeg IMG_8934.jpeg IMG_8931.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  6. Chadderbug

Chadderbug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Which honestly shouldn't have been the idea. I'm for reimaging of characters, but not when it's a reimagining of a reimagining like this or the Legacy Prime figures. Looking back at Generations, it was a pretty great line since nothing was going for a unified aesthetic. Everything was going for it's own series's aesthetic, and it was pretty damn great.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nitrostorm the skystriker

Nitrostorm the skystriker Average Transformers Prime fan

Animated Bumblebee had an absolute bulbous head if you didn't know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chadderbug

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    It looks like they either ran out of budget for the feet, or they are made out of that unpaintable plastic. Cause I feel like that would've been a detail they wouldn't leave out for no reason.

9. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So you'd rather they not get a figure at all? Just so we're clear?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    You just made the same point as the guy you were replying to but more dramatic. You're mad that it's not a representation of the cartoon.

I just finished cyberverse and now I officially give a shit. Although I don't like the robot designs so yes

It's a little late for that.... what exactly were you expecting at this point

11. Chadderbug

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Of course not. I was talking about the unified idea. This is an anniversary line, everything is coming together in one big line. Considering there's an emphasis on everyone being from the different universes, there shouldn't have been a "unified aesthetic" because G1

• Like Like x 3
  12. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I’m stunned that people keep trying to use this baseless “criticism.” Of course it’s not the original, nor is it trying to replace the original. It’s a REIMAGINING in a new style.

It’s fine to not like the new style. It’s intellectually dishonest to try and treat this new toy as if Hasbro were trying to erase the original from history.

At which point in Generations has this ever been done? T30 had a unified aesthetic, Universe had a unified aesthetic, Classics, Prime Wars, all of them followed this. I think you are misremembering.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Now if his face looked a bit more like this, It would be passable to me as a Legacy figure. Legacy - TFAnimated Bumblebee - Edit By - Wargod ARTS.png

• Like Like x 9
  14. Blam320

News Credits:
    This is acceptable constructive criticism. I absolutely agree with this sentiment, even though I already like the current figure’s head as well.

• Like Like x 5
  15. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Bottom line. I have my opinion. you have yours. they are opinions. yours isn't right. Mine isn't wrong vice versa. they are opinions.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Toyline Juggler

Going back and forth on this head. Sometimes it looks very out of place, other times it just makes me think he's got a normal sized head in a large helmet. Some of it has gotta do with the way the border gets painted. Sometimes it makes the nose look smaller than it actually is. Some of the photos make it look like there's ridges on his head (making it "squarer") and others make it look all round like the original TFA toys, confusing this more.

The head exudes the character that I really wanted—Bulkhead's hotshot little douche friend—so picking at it seems really weird. Not sure if any of the things I think they did wrong would still give off that attitude if they were changed.

The main problem I think might just be the chin. The large eyes and smooth face just make him look youthful like what I want from a Bumblebee, but it seems depending on my mood that either looks like a gigantor chin or just a very large chin strap.

This toy also tickles that part of my brain who loves my Activators toy. Maybe that's a source of confusion, all subliminal like.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *carries in "Just don't buy it then" sign, gets beaten down and set on fire*

• Like Like x 13
  18. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

I agree, but he still needs a nose. I think we're well past "Bulkhead and Arcee have noses now and it's WRONG"
    Legacy incorporates other shows into the G1 aesthetic, and Bumblebee's head isn't G1 at all. It's just straight-up Animated, and it looks weird on a G1ified body. Even Prowl had a nose!

They need to be consistent.

I appreciate the sentiment, but if people who didn't like things didn't post, then this site would be wall-to-wall positivity. It'd be a glorified ad for Hasbro.

Dissenting opinions are needed on a forum.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    Love this dumpster fire over a children's toy :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  20. Blam320

News Credits:
    If by “dissenting opinion” you mean “it’s vile and disgusting and brought a plague upon our houses” - and someone in this thread actually, literally said the new toy is disgusting - then thanks but no. I would rather have reasonable disagreements than people running around screaming “it sucks and ruins my childhood.”

• Like Like x 6