Legacy 2024 Listings (UNI?)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    No, I understand their point just fine, however that still doesn't make Chromia a redeco because she doesn't have the same head as Prowl. The extra effort and budget was put into the mold tooling from the beginning rather than after the fact, but it's still factual to call Chromia a partial because her and Prowl both only come with part of the full tooling.

2. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Not a fan imop but who am i to say you’re wrong. Theyve reutilized junkions like that before

Is that whats been being argued? I thought this was about the designers being lazy lol. Then yeah sure partial is i guess technically a word u can use, thats what the team refers to them right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    The point of not calling Chromia a partial is because "partial" implies, like, extra money is being used to make part of the toy look different. With an alt-head, there's no extra money being spent. By referring to Chromia as a partial, that makes the word "partial" a less useful word and gets rid of a chunk of its utility.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Yes, that is what the design team refers to them as.

Does it imply that? I don't think it does. Partial only implies that the figure shares partial tooling with another figure, which Chromia does. To use an example, Kingdom Waspinator and Legacy Buzzsaw. They're partials due to the alt head. The only one that includes the entire tool set is Skywasp. Same for Kingdom Scorponok and Legacy Sandstorm, the only one that has the whole toolset is Buzzworthy Scorponok. A figure that uses PART of a tooling shared by another figure is a PARTial.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We have an authority, it doesn't mess around with "partial," we should just defer to it. One of the great things about TFWiki is it frees us up to argue about more important things like [insert flamewar topic here.]
    Retool - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 2
  6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly, I don't really care if you refuse to call it a redeco or not and I don't even know how we got on that in the first place, the point is just that increasingly more of these reuses lately have simply not had as much work put into them as is needed in order for them to really work. A majority of the time it's probably due to lack of budget rather than laziness or bad ideas on the part of the designers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    Was Flamewar a Star Seeker at one point?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    TFWiki is hardly "an authority" since it's not anything supported by Hasbro, besides, the design team uses the term partial and has even defined it
    1000005205.jpg

At the same time, there's also this portion of the Retool page on TFWiki, which would cover exactly what Prowl/Chromia are, which is not a redeco
    Screenshot 2024-04-16 154245.png

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

The alt heads were not included in retail packaging of their respective character, but they absolutely were "released"... from the same castings along with the rest of the figure. Blue Prowl heads existed, as did (black?) Chromia heads. That they didn't get into everyone's hands is completely irrelevant, they were still the same toy in different colors.

Would it be close enough to say that in your opinion, all that matters is what went into the box, not what was made?

4-pack Cyberverse Tarn: Because it absolutely includes at least one part from its original mold that was not included with Legacy Tarn. That would make it so that "Cyberverse Tarn is not a redeco of Legacy Tarn?"

What about the 4-pack Skywasp and Toy deco Scorponok... They had different heads just like Chromia, but they included both options from the one tooling. Are those not redecos?
    EDIT: just saw these two were already addressed, "no" was the answer

Exactly this! Like, I would have LOVED if "Mutant Tigatron" had come with both heads... If they're "always" doing two heads, can we please have both that we're paying for?

• Like Like x 5
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    What went into the box is all that matters because that is the actual product that is being sold. Prowl isn't his figure plus whatever excess went into the trash, he's just what was released. Also, it's unknown if blue Prowl heads and black Chromia heads existed because the tool sets could have been gated to prevent unneeded parts from being made.

• Like Like x 4
  11. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    We need wave 3 reveals bad I take it.

• Like Like x 6
  12. MinkiesJinkies

MinkiesJinkies Well-Known Member

Arguing aboutvwhether or not Chromia counts as a partial based on whether or not the head was always on the tooling is beyond silly when BMac called her a partial during the reveal stream, which you can easily check. If the guys who introduced the term to us says she's a partial then she's a partial.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    THANK YOU!

14. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

I love how the factory guys greenlit the leak of the worst figure of the wave and proceeded to disappear entirely lmao

15. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    i don't know if side burn is the worst when we haven't seen the other rock yet

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen any more leaks for the next wave yet.

17. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Cosmetic retool of the existing decent rock fella? I think it's safe to say it'll turn out alright

• Like Like x 2
  18. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

It was about "redeco" not "partial." Mine was anyway... all redecos are partials but not all partials are redecos.
    If someone was arguing a figure is/is not a "redeco" and attempting to quantify its applicability then switching to defending the applicability of "partial" being their point, then they wrong.
    If I was attempting specification of "redeco" when the focus was the term "partial," then I was wrong.

In our lexicon, I would prefer separative terminology... but I've seen lots of people getting mad because they can't use one word for everything, too.

Partial: Redeco, Retool, Headswap, CADshare (not really under "Partial" imo but I've been argued with...), reuse,

Combiner: powercore, gestalt, duocon, headmaster, various OptiMash 1-uPrimes, even the -izers gimmick

"low-effort": apparently anything other than a completely new dedicated-to-this-one-character-alone design for a mold

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Since someone else brought up using TFWiki as a resource (though again, I wouldn't call them an authority)
    Redeco - Transformers Wiki
    "A redeco uses exactly the same tools or molds as the original toy. If any changes have been made, even something as simple as giving the toy a different head or additional pegs for locking body parts into place, it is more properly categorized as a retool."

Considering the Chromia toy has a different head from the Prowl toy (or "the original toy", it would not be considered a redeco
    1000005206.jpg

20. GhostNappa37

GhostNappa37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like we should honestly ignore any change in mold automatically being a retool because referring to every head-swap figure as a retool when EVERYTHING else is kept the same seems to lack utility. Maybe headswap should just be its own term but I don't think we benefit from Tow-Line and Metalhawk ending up in the same category.

• Like Like x 2