Legacy 2024 Listings (UNI?)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 暴魂

News Credits:
    Can we just get rid of every class OTHER than Core class? Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  2. ProfessionalIcee

ProfessionalIcee I have a fear of places so I want to change shape.

:) 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Enemy

Enemy "We exist together now... Two corpses, one grave."

You'll take your micromaster-only lineup from '26 onward and like it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    ec5c6b4b-1bc0-4ef9-81fc-7e768d38379b_text.gif

• Like Like x 5
  5. Rojixus

Rojixus Generation 2's Strongest Soldier

Nope, Commander class and Commander class only from here on out!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    You joke... but if every figure was perfect. I mean perfect. With the proper accessories and better retool, repaints. I would pay $35 for deluxes.
    Examples: Kingdom Cheetor with a gut gun and tail gun instead of his TM tail whip/mace things. Totally worth it over paying for 3rd party add ons
    Kingdom Waspinator with a better gun and a way for the chest to tab in.

7. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    neither of those are worth 35 dollars though. we don't need any more price increases

• Like Like x 7
  8. sixthrowshot

sixthrowshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YMMV, I suppose, but that still looks very close, to me - the cabin is as tall as it is, in the show model, though it is narrower. Like, overall, the truck is as wide and flat as it, "should," be, with only one segment that is more sunken in, due to the way the mold transforms. (I do wish the cabin shell had been wider, especially because that would've allowed the door wings to extend beyond her shoulders, too, in robot mode.)

Also, that stylisation actually does include her show model being rather slim - like, look at her, "actual," torso, arms, and thighs, beneath the bulk of the truck parts.

[​IMG]

The Legacy figure's fault is not being as coherent, because the show model integrates the wheels as her shoulders, while the figure's only hang over 'em; same goes to the aforementioned door wings, and the hips, which the show model depicts as being as wide as her chest, thus maintaining the illusion of width, from top to bottom. The show model's knee pads also help to cover her slim thighs, which the figure lacks.

The devil is in the details, but the layout of the mold really matches the character's show model - she's a slim 'bot, with plenty of, "sudden," bulks, than just an outright buff lady (which subsequent depictions, like some of the artwork from the IDW comics, tend to depict her as).

• Like Like x 8
  9. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    To some people maybe. But others spent more than $15 to buy upgrade kits.

Something like Tracks with better engineering that people actually like.
    Find other complaints for other figures that $5-$10 extra would solve.

I got back into collecting with Kingdom. What are other complaints about figures.

10. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    While I’d be nice I don’t think I’d buy $35 Deluxe’s even if they were slightly better. Probably would have to cut back on some and wait for sales to hopefully happen .

• Like Like x 2
  11. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Honestly, if they made really good deluxe class cybertron updates in line with Starscream I'd pay extra for it, hell I'd pay a lot more for 3p chug cybertron but that just straight up doesn't exist for me

• Like Like x 5
  12. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

She's not as slim in the show as in that illustration. The chest is wider.
    [​IMG]
    Even then the toy is noticeably slimmer than the illustration. Those parts you describe as not her "actual" torso are still part of her. They are her actual torso. That means she had a very broad chest and shoulders. I actually did an edit a while back of the toy overlaid by the show model and one of them side by side. If you line up the size of the head and the shins, the torso is a lot thinner. I actually accidentally did the toy a favor by not evening the head sizes. If I did, she would've looked positively scrawny.
    [​IMG]
    Plainly denying that she's slimmer is absurd. She in the show had a noticeably wider chest and shoulders. She just had a thin waist and thighs.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Enemy

I would do horribly depraved things for solid, high-quality, gimmick-intact, faithfully accurate and minimally stylized 3P UT figures. Don't care what scale, don't care who makes it (as long as it's not XTB), don't care how much it'd cost; I'd finally be able to die content.

• Like Like x 2
  14. sixthrowshot

sixthrowshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Her, "actual," body is still slimmer, in that image, in comparison to the bulk of her chest, shoulders, and shins. That's my point. It could be any version of the show model, or promotional artwork; the character design is, inherently, a slim inner robot, with bulky car parts attached to it. I wasn't talking about how slim the Legacy figure is, on a numerical level.

15. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

That's dumb. The wider parts of her are still parts of her body. They're not magically not part of them just because you want to section them off to back up the idea that she was slim. She wasn't. Just some parts of her were which were made that way so she could have a more V-shaped look. She's given exaggerated superhero proportions. There's a pretty long history in cartoons of characters with very broad chests and shoulders compared to their thighs and waists and they've just about never been called slim for it. Strongarm is no different from them.

And you said that the toy being slender was in line with the show, which it's plainly not. This is about how slim the toy is at least in some capacity.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

I mean I'd maybe pay voyager price for a Waspinator that you can actually rip apart like the izers.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

News Credits:
    I still don’t understand why they engineered SS86 Kip like that, but not Waspinator…

• Like Like x 6
  18. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    i mean kup was torn apart in the movie

• Like Like x 1
  19. Enemy

Single scene gimmicks > what is basically a character trait, apparently.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

legacy evo strongarm.jpg rid15 strongarm.jpg

no, using a more straight-on pic of Strongarm's truck mode from the show, on the Legacy figure's vehicle mode the whole thing is noticeably stretched horizontally/flattened vertically (however you wanna see it), in addition to the cabin being too thin/sunk-in horizontally, and also frankly a bit too short vertically. to some of you this may sound like splitting hairs but it really makes her vehicle mode look stupid imo; she simply doesn't look like something kind of like a real truck the way she does in the show.

it's yet another example from Legacy: Evolution onward of them messing up the vehicle mode proportions on car bots in a way they simply had not been doing in Legacy year 1 or the WFC trilogy for the most part. i could deal with the weird squatness and tiny wheels on Armada Hot Shot's vehicle mode cuz the robot mode, despite its imperfections, was still quite charming to me, but when Strongarm doesn't even have the robot mode going for her i really just can't ignore it. her truck mode looks silly and out of place next to most of the Earth car modes in Legacy Year 1, Kingdom, or ER, like say, Legacy Knock Out's "fictional car but reasonable realistic proportions"

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 3