Legacy 2024 Listings (UNI?)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Dec 1, 2022.

1. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    ...This is what I get for looking at Google and not checking in TFWiki for once.

• Like Like x 3
  2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Pretooligan

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 28
  3. oisinrc

oisinrc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Notes from the recent leaks:

Happy to see Tigerhawk, who I honestly thought was the least likely of the big beasties to get done. Hoping Depthcharge and Rampage aren't far behind

Silverbolt is a nice surprise, and hopefully will bring us Quickstrike soon as well

Very intrigued with Thundertron, have to assume he's a reworking of something because it's a very odd choice to say the least

Voyager feels to big to be doing the Cyberjets as, but I'm happy to see another lineup of seekers (give us the trios though, Hasbro)

Animated Prime really excites me, but we'll have to see how stylised Prowl is to conclusively decide on its value I feel

Sandstorm I expect to be heavily cartoon inspired, but I'd love to see the faceplated head in IDW LSOTW colours in a subline. Would also love to see the faceplated head be used for a CHUG Bumblebee Dropkick, though I don't know where Shatter could come from. Also I'd far prefer his budget would go in to neatly folding away the propellors rather than giving him large accessories, especially because (I hope) there'd be no need for a clear sprue. Best I'd have would be a ramp/landing pad/big shoes

G2 Grimlock has me very hopeful that the next subline will be animal planet/eukaris themed, mainly because I desperately want a continued tradition of minibots featured in them and I'd kill for an Outback as Bear Grylls in the fiction. Would also give a nice space for the last remaining Beast Wars repaints (Cryotek, Antagony, etc.) And maybe one or two of the Deluxe Insecticons (Venom would be my pick as the brand new mold off the wave)

• Like Like x 5
  4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    G2 Grimlock has me hoping it will be G2-themed.

Just off the top of my head, you’ve got G2 Jazz, Slag, Sludge, Earth Mode Sideswipe, G2 Starscream (or the unreleased Blackout), G2 ER Prime (unlikely), combat hero Megatron, and the rest of the Stunticons all as easy G2 repaints from recent molds and probably quite a few potential Leadfoot-style remolds. Just get the faction symbols right.

5. oisinrc

oisinrc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I agree G2 would be nice, looking at our listings I think eukaris would leave us with a bit more options, considering there's no commander in this subline for Motormaster, and with only a second leader spot I would be legitimately annoyed if we got only two of the three (minimum) for G2 dinobots

My own proposal previously was

On G2, I think a lot of the standout figures from the era deserve new molds, and I would worry that the collection might shelfwarm if it's just same name repaints.

Unironically hoping for tigerstripe Grims instead of big blue monster

6. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regards the 2024 Leader Optimus- wasn't there a rumour a while back about a Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Optimus?

And for some reason I completely missed that the G2 Grimlock here is actually from the 2023 Capsule line. I wonder if we will get hints whenever they announce the new comic?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as I like the Cybertron design, I wouldn't be at all upset about this... a new Voyager Cyberjet mold might be my best chance at getting the Jetfire I want.
    That was just a chain of speculation. The leaker who first described Legacy Bulkhead said that it might be sharing a mold with a new TFP Optimus, and people assumed it had to be Beast Hunters since that design is much closer to how Bulkhead ended up looking. But later on, people theorized that maybe Bulkhead was actually going to be retooled into Pyro, who looks kind of like an Optimus, and there's no evidence for either of those releases being planned, let alone as retools of Bulkhead, so who knows...

• Like Like x 7
  8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro already has a mold that's primed for being a Cyberjet with the Maverick mold.

They just don't seem to want to go there with it.

• Like Like x 5
  9. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm sure you're joking, but for those needing context:

In European countries, G2 Hero Optimus Prime was released under the name "Sureshot" so that there wasn't such a glut of Optimus toys.

The thing is, Sureshot had little to no difference to Optimus, so much so that there was even lore saying Sureshot suffered from "primus apotheosis", which is said to be an acute form of hero worship for Optimus Prime that ends up so strong, they end up emulating him either in appearance or behavior or both. Other victims of this are Pyro and (possibly) Getaway.

I mean, if/when we really do get G2 Universe Hero Optimus out of Christmas Optimus, I doubt there'll be much to stop anyone from calling their copy of the guy by the name Sureshot.

10. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, I do wonder if part of that might be because that mold doesn't fit into the regular Generations size classes. It's about as big as the largest Voyagers and a bit more complicated, but it doesn't seem like there's quite enough there to make it work as a Leader. If they remolded him into Jetfire, I'm sure the boosters and armor would pad him out into Leader class but any other releases of him wouldn't need those extra parts. (I mean, I'm sure no one would be mad about a Hooligan with removable black or red boosters engines on his back, but there would definitely be some people complaining like they always do about 'Voyager+' releases.)

• Like Like x 6
  11. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope TFA Optimus keeps the angular chest/truck front. That is a very attractive detail and I'll be sad if it's G1-fied away.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's probably his most notable design feature aside from the axe and firetruck alt mode so I'm sure he will, it'd be really dumb to get rid of it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Oh, I'm not that smart. I just want to finish the Rebirth Targetmasters. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    When we first got listings for the figure that would go on to become Holiday Optimus Prime, it was listed on Amazon as “Prime Optimus Prime” because the figure was originally supposed to be “Amazon Prime” delivery truck, and so people(including me) took to saying it was Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime before we got info it was actually Amazon themed.

As for Beast Hunters Optimus, when Legacy Bulkhead was first being leaked, we got word that it was a partial retool of an Optimus Prime. I suggested how it seemed obvious that it would be Beast Hunters Optimus, and apperently people took that and ran with it. One of the leakers later said that it might have actually been a remold of the supposedly canceled Optimus figure made for the Transformers: Rise video game we are learning is apperently still coming.

• Like Like x 4
  15. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wonder if the Leader Optimus is the holiday optimus in traditional colors

16. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, celebrating the last 40 years of TFs with a brand new modernised interpretation of G1 Optimus seems like a cool idea.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want Cyberjets but not as Voyagers. Deluxe at the biggest.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Cedtron

Cedtron Well-Known Member

Nice idea !!! . I am totally in for this!

• Like Like x 2
  19. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m really hoping for a botanica and night scream from beast machines to follow . They should jump on Botanica soon to capitalize on the whole Groot thing .

• Like Like x 8
  20. Cedtron

Cedtron Well-Known Member

As Botanica has a vegetal alt mode, I can see her transform in the Vok Metal Hunter ;-). Just a crazy idea!