Leaked Legacy Titan-class Cybertron Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimus1138, Oct 6, 2021.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Yeah his ability to break up didn't really hamper the full ship or bot mode at all.

• Like Like x 2
  2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    my hope/dream would be that they wouldn't be overly literal and make his individual alt modes a lot more coherent - like, the aircraft carrier was pretty good if a bit chibi, but other 2 ships were pretty nonsense - at Titan size could hopefully allowthe central unit actually turn into a battleship (eg with 2 pointy ends) instead of a weird dual-hulled monstrosity. The whole chest could be a standard-shaped ship folded in half. Could the back section be an actual submarine? I think that's what it was taking design cues from despite being a minicon landing craft.

But id' still want the ludicrously awesome flying triple-ship mode to end up pretty much like this.

3. Onyxstrike

Onyxstrike Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Someone's asked this already, but they hadn't asked @Apollux directly about it yet; since it's leaked and about, can you tell us if he comes with his Mini-Con partner Drill Bit? (image of the original Cybertron version embedded for reference)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

If he doesn’t come with his mini con then I suspect the other UT released in Legacy, mostly the armada guys, won’t have theirs either.

5. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if they realize that a lot of people want the Minicon if it’s too late to add it. It’d be small enough to not effect price too much, I’d imagine? Or maybe bump it up to core class for legacy part 2. It’d be cool if the UT figures do well then they’d make the minicons core class in Legacy part 2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nekoman

Nekoman Active Member

I really have to reserve judgement on this one, as I am an AEC kid and I do like that they're acknowledging that part of the brand. However, I dislike almost everything about how it's been done so far. The thing I find most egregious is that it looks as though they've completely bowdlerized this figure, removing the mini-con, the planet-key gimmick, and possibly the opening axe. Why would I pay almost $200, for a figure that has fewer features and arguably looks worse than one I already have?

Titan-class Tidal Wave would've been a dream toy and everyone knows it. As it is, I dislike the Titan-class price point, but I would've gladly bought that and an Energon repaint of it. Can you guys imagine how awesome it would look to have a giant Tidal Wave in aircraft-carrier mode lined with Earthrise Seekers? I think it would've been more excusable if Tidal Wave lost gimmicks compared to CMP here.

I don't mind the price-hike since it seems understandable given inflation at the moment. But, it's still a lot of money for a figure I feel almost no motivation to buy. I feel slighted that Hasbro can faithfully reproduce updated Headmasters (which is good), and continually ditches mini-cons and planet-keys.

• Like Like x 3
  7. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    not sure if this has been posted but somebody on twitter made a thing.

FBGFX37VgAM9cRF.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. Galavard

Galavard Member

This is for all of you negative people, no one is forcing you to get this and you shouldn\'t force everyone else into the way you think of calling them not transformers fans, a fan can be a fan of everything and hate me if you dislike this, but at least it is better than othering people for what they like.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I'm going to differ and say the reason Tidal Wave was successful was because he wasn't just a giant boat. He stands out precisely because he armors-up Armada Megatron. When you take that away from him he's really no different from the other giant Transformers.

• Like Like x 3
  10. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I feel the same way about pre WFC G1 figures that UT fans feel about Galaxy Upgrade Prime.

I like that figure too. I just like having a variety Transformers that fit into that G1 aesthetic.

UT isn’t my thing, I was in my early twenties and broke and wasn’t paying attention to Transformers until the 2007 movie came out. I watched it recently and I get why the younger generation digs it (and the toys were much better then what we got in the 80s). That said I’m cool with more UT stuff. I want complete the 84-86 cast but after Kingdom I really don’t want buy everything in fricking line again.

The reaction to the Ark was pretty mixed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He doth protest too much, methinks. I haven't overreacted at all, but your post here sure has.

If this is any indication, the rest of the line is going to be very divisive. I'm honestly not looking forward to it. If the negativity and snide remarks/snipes/labels keep up, I'm seriously considering calling it quits completely. I'm so sick and tired of the people in all of the fandoms. You cannot simply like or dislike something without a tidal wave of awfulness that threatens to consume everything in its path. These are just toys, and everyone needs to know that going after people because they like/dislike something you do/don't is getting really friggin' old and I'm not sure how you leaker folks can stand this bad behavior from us anymore. Every time you guys drop a gem, someone's along for the ride to throw manure all over it just because they're unhappy or because they can.

I'm not buying the figure, it's not ticking any boxes for me, that doesn't mean it should be crapped all over or those with a positive opinion of it. I think more often than not, the fandoms are comprised of misanthropes who have impulse control issues. That's not saying that people should automatically love everything that's handed to us by Has/Tak, not at all, but how hard is it to say "not for me, enjoy though!"? I mean, seriously.

Egad. That logo is just terribly cartoony. I can't really tell what they're going for, here. It reminds me of those shampoo-bottle-plastic Titans packaging... Ugh.

• Like Like x 2
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    The reaction to everything around here is "mixed."

• Like Like x 5
  13. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the base mode may be an indication of this being redone for a selects figure similar to black zarak, maybe g1 or foc metroplex

was it? I remember there being a lot of hype around it first being teased and the only big criticism when the actual figure was shown was the gaps on the side of the ship but I don't remember a lot of people being disappointed by the announcement or the figure itself

14. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    On one hand, I see what you're saying, but on the other hand, why? The same altmodes as the original -- an aircraft carrier, a destroyer, and a transport -- already look good combined into a coherent spaceship in the original version. Maybe you can tweak things -- instead of a funky double-bowed destroyer, make a single bow that splits into the parts that plug into the sides of his chest (It would look pretty much the same in combined mode and would probably result in better bot mode proportions), do something about the rear of the combined mode ship so you don't see the robot thighs just dangling there, and change the way the front of the aircraft carrier transforms so each arm has a full-sized hands instead of two weird half-hands with massive thumbs -- but overall Tidal Wave was already one of the coolest looking TFs ever in both robot AND altmode, and honestly might be the only iconic design (aside from, perhaps, Demolishor) to emerge from the A/E/C era. Even his head is iconic.

15. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    True.

16. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Legacy Titan Candidates from UT:

- Armada Superbase OP
    - Micron Legend Shockwave
    - Energon Omega Sentinel as a repaint of Siege Omega Supreme
    - Cybertron Stascream as remold of The Ark, with the crown instead of mainframe
    - Cybertron Primus as a remold of Earthrise Arcee

17. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    Ooooh, I like the Legacy logo and branding!

Pour one out for this C Sutton fellow for either at best getting reprimanded and at worst fired because their dumbass friend didn't bother with a bit of image editing to obscure their e-mail address.

• Like Like x 5
  18. JazzAlert13

News Credits:
    Hmm… now I’m sad and feel bad for participating. Hope this guy is okay and nothing bad happens to him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

Not a fair comparison when you consider the 80s toys aged alot worse than 2005 Cybertron Optimus. The UT fans that dislike Galaxy Upgrade feel that way mostly because its not a dedicated mold. G1 has gotten plenty of those.

• Like Like x 2
  20. JazzAlert13

News Credits:
    Nah I think they’re talking about the CHUG preWFC toys. Which is fair imo because if there are figures I adore, like T30 Springer, if you wanted an actual G1 accurate version then that wasn’t it.

• Like Like x 6