Leaked Legacy Titan-class Cybertron Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimus1138, Oct 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Semi-related, but I'd love to see a new Gigantion character that turns into a combine harvester.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Have to agree. Especially when G1 Metroplex and Fortress Maximus are both just "robots sitting" or "doing yoga" for the most part and that's coming from someone who grew up with G1. I mean... no one has to like it, but the hypocrisy in those kinds of statements from certain members of the fandom shows their bias.

• Like Like x 7
  3. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    I feel like I’m going crazy but I don’t think I said that?

I’m so confused? I’ve no recollection of saying that nor does it appear in my posts. What happened?

4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell, one of Fort Max's alt modes is literally him lying on his back.
    With his arms above his head socket.

• Like Like x 5
  5. samisham

Cybertron Metroplex will be interesting if only because he has two robot modes and one alt-mode, unlike all the other titans.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Younger fans sometimes complain that Hasbro caters too much to G1 fans, but the reason they cater to G1 fans is because G1ers have proven that they're willing to open their wallets for that hit of nostalgia. I'm a little disappointed that we're not getting a G1 Metroplex; I'm fine with the other Titan citybots, but Metroplex really needs a do-over with better proportions, ankle articulation, and an improved Deluxe-class Scamper, and Max needs to not be a remold of Metroplex, with proper waist cannons and an accurate base mode. But I don't mind if Hasbro wants to give UT fans their moment in the sun. And by now Armada is nearly as old as G1 was when Classics began; I'm curious to see if the market really is there.

• Like Like x 10
  7. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Hasbro put out more non-G1 figs than they currently do, you'd definitely see it.

• Like Like x 7
  8. samisham

“So! T'all you fine 40-year-olds, so proud, so cocksure, prancin' about with shelves full of titans... come and get me, I say! I'll be waitin' on you with a whiff of the old sparkdrinker! I'm a Grimm bloody anime arc with an unhappy bloody end!”

• Like Like x 3
  9. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

I know alot of people see Cybertron Metroplex as Hasbro testing the waters, but I don't know about that. You test the waters with something small and safe, like Galaxy Upgrade and Hot Shot, or an original mold of the main cast like Jetfire or Landmine, who are easily recognizable (even people who haven't watched the show can tell you the roll call). Metroplex is obviously an important part of the show, but he shows up so late into the run that only the people who were really into the show know him, outside of those who got his toy. To me, Titan Metroplex shows they have confidence in their ability to sell Cybertron guys.

So that said, I will happily wait for Master Megatron in 2023.

• Like Like x 11
  10. Cedtron

Cedtron Well-Known Member

Totally agree! Easy pass for me. The character was always ugly. Also, I don't feel confident with this new lineup for LEGACY. After a such impressive WFC Trilogy line, I think things are going down. The only complain I have with WFC is that they didn't update the G1 Metroplex in the WFC aestitic. The last Titan should have been G1 Metroplex with Slammer as partner and then Mainframe/teletraan as a solo figure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny how the arguing just keeps spinning around...

But seriously, I am curious to see better pictures, but have to admit that what it appears to be is going to make it a skip for me.

I would have preferred a re-issue of the Generations one with improvements over it... not because I care or don't care about what this one is supposed to be, I don't care for either G1 or this "Cybertron" thing, I just wanted a freaking good titan that would have had my interest.

I wasn't a fan of the "city" thing as it's not really a city, but I would have really enjoyed a completely new take on the character, so as long as the robot looked "right" to be Metroplex, and alt mode to be something that would have been new and cool.

Heck I hate the cheap way that Fortress was done, but I love the spaceship mode as it's very "Macross" like.

So it's kinda sad, I really was hoping for something that would make me consider it instantly.. instead, I'll save my money and wonder what the next one will be... I'm in Tidal Wave team...

My "dark side" is "enjoying" how people complain about the price hike when I keep reminding people that we're already paying through the nose in other countries...It's lucky if or when we can get a Titan to be under 200$ CAD, for many years already... such pricing stings for what we really get, while so many keep pumping comments about how much they want to pay more for imaginary "upgrades"... it's like I'm reading one of the pages that shows how products have shrunk in quality, but will show "Family size" on the higher priced box (which had the amount of what normal sized used to be).

And about the whole Tidal Wave thing, the cartoon was insane for scale that kept changing... but most appear to forget how he was on his "arrival", which is 100% Titan level size (just did these screen captures showing him next to the "deluxe and leader" sized characters):

Tidalwave.jpg

Tidalwave1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. samisham

I will say it is kind of BS that they're charging almost $200 and can't work in a Minicon.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. TFfangeek

TFfangeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have the original 2005 Cybertron leader class Metroplex figure, so this is the first ever Titan figure that will be a pass for me. I am also passing on it, since this new Titan figure appears to lack the Cyber Key Gimmick and the Mini-Con partner Drill-Bit.

I still prefer a re-release of the 2013 Metroplex figure, even though it is most likely not going to happen.

EDIT: Upon a closer look, it appears that the pelvis and midriff pieces are identical to the original Cybertron leader class figure, so this titan might be a retool of the original 2005 figure. This would not surprise me, since the 2005 Metroplex figure still holds the title (unofficially) of being the physically tallest leader class Transformers figure ever released.

14. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

The original leader class Cybertron Megatron is almost perfect though. I doubt they would be able to top that figure honestly.

• Like Like x 3
  15. samisham

It isn't 22 inches though is it?

• Like Like x 4
  16. TFfangeek

News Credits:
    Has anyone else noticed how interesting the Transformers Legacy logo is?!?!?

TF Legacy logo.png

• Like Like x 3
  17. TFfangeek

News Credits:
    Depending on how you have his legs positioned, the original 2005 Cybertron leader class Metroplex figure is 14" tall.

18. samisham

Then this one is significantly larger.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Cedtron

Cedtron Well-Known Member

Hasbro could add a tiny Optimus like with the kingdom Ark to match relative scale

• Like Like x 1
  20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, it's pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of one of the Marvel Legends logos from forever ago.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.