Leaked Earthrise Dead Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nyarlahotep, May 20, 2020.

1. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    Says it's currently in stock on Amazon for anyone who wasn't able to grab it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine today. I really like him a lot, however I'm really glad I skipped regular Alive Leader OP, since I'm good with the Siege Voyager. Everybody was saying the transformation is mind blowing, and while I agree its really really good, I feel its not really that much of an upgrade from the Siege who in my opinion is an equally awesome figure, and does something different to spice things up a bit.

I like rebuying the same figure as much as the next guy, but with this one, and who am I kidding I'll probably get the Netflix one (bastards always get me with new Battlemasters), I think I'm more than good on OPs.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  3. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    I held off on buying earthrise prime and they put out superior netflix and au prime (abeit the chest). i finally win. muwahhah :p 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I got mine but my Optimus box was smashed in on the middle of the bottom part of box. I absolutely love this figure and so glad i did pre-order him since its a little wait time to get him from Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Same! Now my question is, should I get those nonnef trailer upgrades in the colors of blue to match Netflix or black to match Au? Questions....

6. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    got my "dead" Prime today...

was worried it was broken as I could hear pieces rattling around inside the package...thought at first it might have been a return but no, it is just packaged very poorly...

they could have packaged him in truck mode and it would have been a lot sturdier and secure, but they just reused the same tray from the Earthrise Leader release and there's a lot of empty space for it to be jostled around and get loose...

• Like Like x 1
  7. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also got my dead prime today and . . .

Has this mold been used a buncha times or something? The tolerances are pretty much crap all around. There's alot of hinges and tabs and it seems like there is more than one spot misaligned, deformed, etc

was the regular prime color release of this mold cleaner?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  8. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    All those issues are present on a lot of the regular leader class releases, or at least the chest issues. Hopefully Hasbro catches it in time for the Netflix voyager re-release.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Veleno

Veleno Well-Known Member

Arrived a lot earlier than expected this afternoon. Mine doesn't seem to have the issue with the chest, though his front left wheel flap in truck mode resists tabbing in well. Still quite a fun figure though.

10. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got mine last week. My 12 year old son decided he wanted it after losing interest in transformers for over a year. Says it’s really cool.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

Mine is coming tomorrow. Don’t want to reread a bunch of pages, so what exactly am I looking for with the chest issue?

12. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    The left side of the chest won't tab in and you will see a gap.

On a side note, I got my replacement the other day. No issue with the leg screws and the chest is a lot better, not perfect, but tolerable. The lower legs had some paint issues and the back of one leg looked like some of the detail was deformed/melted. I switched lower legs by popping the pins and will be sending the defect back to Amazon tomorrow.

13. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    The left side of his chest won't peg down to the stomach section because of warped or misaligned plastic. Guessing a batch was boxed up at the factory while the plastic was hot or something?

I fixed mine with heat from a hair dryer and called it a day.

14. Dunkle

Dunkle The Merch Mercenary

I dunno about you lot, but considering this is being marketed as an ‘Alternate Universe’ Optimus who is apparently dead but I can imagine while Megatron and Optimus are duking it out as they do, a inter-dimensional portal opens up the limp body of a dead optimus just fuckin’ flings out of the portal and crashes onto the floor catching both off guard.

Megatron: “Uhh.... SEE? You’ll end up like that once I’m through with you Prime!”
    Optimus: *VISIBLE CONFUSION*

• Like Like x 5
  15. rikaldomario

News Credits:
    In my copy I got lucky with the chest issue, since its something I definitely wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't pointed out here by fellow collectors. There's barely a gap, and I can only norice it when handling the figure, in the sense that the left side doesn't tab as securely as the right.

Biggest worry in my copy if that it has a few uhly stress marks, however I've learned that if I'm careful enough I shouldn't worry unless there's an actual crack. Also, visually I like them, it adds to the whole "battle damaged" look . One would have thought that this would be the figure they'd go all out in terms of battle damage. Thats really my only minor nitpick with the figure. The bent antennas and painted-on cracks in the mouth guard are the bare minimum of battle damage, and it feels too little espacially after doing a whole line of figures with extensive battle damage.

16. rikaldomario

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about doing a pic with my Siege OP and this guy, where the AUOP says "you don't ever want to go to Earth, you'll end up like me".

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dunkle

DoEs PrIme Die??!!1111 FiNd Out In TrAnsForMErs The MovIE

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dunkle

Also heck I didn’t know there was a fix to ER Prime’s slight defects, might take a look at my copy and find the source of the problem for mine

19. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

I got a replacement on Sat too and he is way better. Still slight gap under his left chest but not too bad. Bigger difference compared to the first two copies is he doesn’t have random scratches and gouges on his chest and torso.

20. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

If you want to get rid of stress marks a hot blow dryer can usually fix it. Was rearranging my collection and noticed TR Brainstorm had a stress mark on his upper arm. Just blasted it with high heat for about 30 to 60 secs and the stress mark disappeared. It was cool watching it shrink away.

• Like Like x 2