Leaked Earthrise Dead Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nyarlahotep, May 20, 2020.

1. Astrowing19

Astrowing19 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Or Sleep Mode, like that one Masterpiece release.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

I think I know what the "Alternate Universe" thing is about guys. It's a bit of a stretch though so bear with me,

If some of you don't remember/never read/cared about the Dreamwave Armada comics. There was a storyline called Worlds Collide in which G1 characters went into this Armada Comicsverse. In particular, the Optimus Prime of this G1 world was shunted in as a warning to them by Unicron. He died shortly after giving them all a warning about the Big U.

So I think, that this "Alternate Universe" Optimus is meant to be a take off/homage to that. Meaning they did in fact give us an Armada homage if I'm right....

Which is the saddest excuse..EVER

3. ZeroGFrame

ZeroGFrame Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    OK, so how does one even find this guy now? I guess I missed something not checking the board for like an hour, but Amazon doesn't give me any results for him now. Just curious how so many people are getting in preorders... am I missing something? Or has he been taken down?

4. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

It's the first item in this wishlist.

I just preordered it myself. I may end up skipping ER Optimus (maybe not, we'll see), but this is a really unique deco that makes it a more interesting item to own.

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you're reading too much into it. I think it's just a an exclusive meant as a nod to older fans who think it's cool and would add it to their collection, knowing that it doesn't have the highest mass appeal. So it's fitting as an exclusive. Maybe "alternate universe" was just a generic placeholder since they didn't know what else to call it.

6. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Just can't get into this.

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly the easiest explanation is that wfc is not sunbow g1, this being “alt universe” prime is an allusion to sunbow/the 86 movie, meaning in the wfc continuity prime probably won’t die

• Like Like x 4
  8. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I could see a Marvel homage of sorts if there's a plot where the 86 movie characters come back and prevent Optimus' death.

It lets Rodimus and Optimus coexist, it explains why Hasbro calls WFC a "reboot" unlike other G1 continuities if there's something that sends history off course shortly before the ark launch and it lines up with a new Unicron story and/or the rumored part 3 titles "Chaos" and "Future Shock".

They get to go full Terminator if, say, Galvatron and/or Rodimus meddle with history and lets them go a bit more off the rails with the story without just making things arbitrarily different.

EDIT: Also explains Grimlock being Studio Series if WFC follows a wildly divergent G1 since the Dinobots may never exist as a plot point in a Sunbow divergent continuity.

• Like Like x 4
  9. ZeroGFrame

ZeroGFrame Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome, thanks!

10. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda want him, but not enough to pre order and pay full price. Its also a figure I won't regret that much if I miss it. I mean, I'm skipping regular alive ER OP and I want to have the mold, but I think they should have gone all out on the battle damage. Only the back of the head is a new piece and it looks like a dog chewed on the antennas. I would have prefered if the cracked mouth plate was molded instead of just painted cracks.

Anyway, all of that to say that I'm willing to wait for a sale. Anyone know if POTP Nemesis was ever discounted or even offered outside of Prime day?

11. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    POTP Nemesis Prime was open to non-Prime members after Prime Day was over.

I don't believe it was ever discounted since it sold out pretty fast and I don't recall it restocking more than like once or twice....

I remember because the Nemesis I ordered on Prime Day came with two left or right legs and I kept lurking Amazon.com for like a couple weeks after Prime Day waiting for a restock to get a replacement. :confused: 

Your call... They always make a red and blue Optimus Prime... Zombie/Alternate Prime literally never happens.

• Like Like x 3
  12. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I suspect Rodimus Prime is coming

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Prime probably dies at the end of EarthRise but returns in WFC part 3 under with a new form homaging/modernizing a previous Prime(yet to be homaged/done justice to) in modern mainlines. That way Deadrise Prime doesn't really need any more explanation than being an homage to Prime's 1986 death scene and justifies being an exclusive.

It would've been cool if it was molded in plastic that gradually transitions to a gradiated grey color to mimic the color change as he died in the movie.

14. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    I doubt this has anything to do with the show's plot. Hasbro isn't even marketing it as "earthrise" on the packaging.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I wasn't referring to the show, I was referring to the toyline like how the information on the packaging sometimes has some tidbits of character info.

16. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I doubt this is anything more than something to give amazon as a "Prime Day Exclusive". Tbh, im surprised we havent seen a lot more Generations Selects announcements in recent months, with stuff that isnt this. It was arguably one of the best things Hasbro did for Siege.

• Like Like x 1
  17. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where were most of the Select announcements last year? SDCC & NYCC. Tune in for whatever web event Hasbro decide to do then and cross a few off the Selects rumours/leaks lists

18. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    While that's true, the amount of them just feels so low compared to last year. Honestly forgot it was a sub-line for a good minute there.

19. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    I am not sure, but I more or less remember that Nemesis was available for 24 o 25 US$ during Black Friday or Cyber Monday of the year it came out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    They really are holding a lot back for SDCC it seems.
    I'm starting to feel these days that I don't care about the big shows so much, I would rather they spaced the reveals out through the year more.
    There's plenty they could have showed us in their fan Friday events that would have actually been news but by the time Hasbro get to it on their rigid schedule it will most likely all have been leaked, again.