Leaked Earthrise Dead Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nyarlahotep, May 20, 2020.

1. Darth Convoy

Darth Convoy Well-Known Fan of Needlenose & Skullgrin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think if I'm gonna pick up ER prime this'll be the way I do it. I really went all out on the Siege mold, since I friggin' love it. Well, I suppose if a cooler variant of ER prime drops, like a Nemesis or such I'd be down. $50 bucks is a bit much for me since I'm not a big fan of the trailer. It just seems a little undersized. I love the novelty of this figure, and the fact that they are just selling dead guys now. Awesome. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  2. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If dead Starscream manages to be a ghost and isn't made of brittle translucent plastic, I'm in.

I realize Takara got quite married to the translucent look but in the actual cartoon he tended to look more like cloudy nearly-glow-in-the-dark plastic like Jetfire's blast effects or Marvel Legends Human Torch. I'd like the soft glow, cloudy translucent look over clear plastic.

As an added "bonus" if they actually made him out of blast effect plastic and if that plastic does melt ABS as some claim, we could expect that Starscream to literally destroy other Transformers which is horrible but also kind of funny in a way.
    You laugh but maybe the next "cel shaded deco" trend could be manga themed grayscale decos with rendering lines or Marvel Comics decos with outlines like the NECA Turtles.

And honestly, Marvel comics decos should have Andrew Wildman style faces.

The screaming face would fit right in with G2.

I don't honestly know about Ghost Starscream or Skywarp screaming. I have a second Starscream ordered for a headswap.

But G2 Starscream with the screaming face would be perfection IMHO, particularly since he'd have the dark black face and so teeth, which G2 characters all seemed to have, would work so you can tell he has a mouth.

On that subject... I think G2 is a great option for redecoing Earthrise Prime. The big difference is the black trailer with a different decal but in animation G2 Optimus was a brighter eye searing red and his blue was more purple and his chest windows were muted. And he had silver/gray biceps like this toy. The animation gave him bright teal eyes but the comic rather memorably gave him VERY bright yellow eyes and the G2 emblem on his shoulder. The ultimate G2 comics homage would probably chrome up parts of Optimus since they loved chrome covers.

It would go very well with the rumored Selects G2 Megatron, especially if that had the comics deco G2 Megatron. The blue face was pretty cool and they sometimes muted the green and purple tank deco.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

There's no way those figures are going to be acceptable in WFC, it was a line wide reboot. I did like them at the time, but this is a different line and aesthetic. They're coming.

• Like Like x 5
  4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Siege with its overdone greebles and “battle damage” paint and vaguely scifi alt modes was a bit of a different aesthetic, but other then being scaled down a bit Earthrise is basically identical aesthetically to the majority of CHUG to date.

(and I’m reaaaaaaly picky on aesthetics, which is why I passed on most of Siege)

5. Tarkus 2

Tarkus 2 Well-Known Member

If Part 3 is a good mix of 86 cast stuff I don't mind seeing the Japanese characters get a spotlight. Sure its cool to see Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Kup...but damn it Hasbro Takara gimme some Victory love. Heck have fun with this finale line to end all finales....

• Like Like x 5
  6. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    This is the kind of stuff that should be TakaraTomyMall exclusives. NOT mainline characters like the Seacons. Missing out on a dull/boring gray Optimus Prime is nowhere near as bad as missing out on the very first modern update a G1 character that is also a full combiner team.

7. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    does it looks like Nemesis prime?

8. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 29
  9. KuleGuy123

KuleGuy123 Bot-Bot Lover. //This art ain't mine

This seems like it was supposed to be a SDCC exclusive before it got canceled. I bet it will probably a Pulse or Amazon exclusive

• Like Like x 3
  10. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    FATALITY
    MEGATRON WINS

• Like Like x 1
  11. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    This thread is pure gold!

Plus I want this figure so bad now!

• Like Like x 2
  12. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's Optimus prime's Motormaster cosplay

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Goddamn it now i wish it had purple

• Like Like x 1
  14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Were any of the past Ghost Starscreams brittle? I've only got the MP03 Ghost version and Grand Galvatron but they're still holding up fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mcart

News Credits:
    There are people who will tell you that all transparent plastic will yellow and will become brittle. You cannot argue with them that your figures are fine as they will just answer "yeah, for now!"

• Like Like x 2
  16. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    I mean, I know some transparent plastic becomes brittle and breaks... I've just never heard of any of the Ghost Starscreams being examples of it happening.

17. mcart

News Credits:
    Yeah mine is fine, I came across these types at a convention, scoffed at anything transparent and claimed it would crumble within a few years. Brought up my MP03G and was told. Oh.it will happen. Apparently the thing being fine after years means nothing. It will happen eventually.

18. Starscream Gaga

News Credits:
    Actually, looking in to it, there have been cases of MP3-G breaking. I'll have to be careful.

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I wonder if it's part of the Netflix line and thus might come with a card deathbed to complete your diorama. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zoobzoo

Zoobzoo Well-Known Member

I like the way it looks so a likely purchase if its real but honestly I would prefere a g2 repaint because then then the yellow eye varient would get to exist along with the black trailer. The standard earthrise trailer is full of detail that gets lost and unnoticed due to the lack of color other than light grey while something darker could possibly allow such detail stand out more regardless if painted or not. Also the g2 repaint of the original optimus is relatively obscure even though the potp nemesis prime does kinda sorta mimick having the extra guns on the trailer. Going back to the possible sleep mode, It really isn\'t something that needs to get made at all since it basically looks identical to most early prototypes before colors are finalized.

• Like Like x 1