Leaked 2022 SS and Evolution wave composition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Preposterous, Sep 21, 2021.

1. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

The only issue I see with Guard being a red Skids is that they already have names. “Screech” and “Reboost” so I doubt that they’d change it.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's literally updated G1, just like what WFC is. WFC designs with light smoothing of the pointy bits could work fine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do we know that's a Diaclone reference?

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    By that reasoning, so is Cyberverse. But we don't try to shoehorn that series into G1.

5. Pin

Pin Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right. Where did the name "Lift-Ticket" come from? That name wasn't, as far as I know, used during the Diaclone period. When was "Lift-Ticket" first used?

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No it isn't. IDW is different enough to be its own thing.

7. JazzAlert13

In a Botcon set. Screech was eHobby and Reboost is an upcoming Mastepiece. Iirc they didn’t really have names in Diaclone so they’d most likely just reuse existing names given after the fact.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

Screech is a burnt orange actually. It's a similar color, but still distinct from red. His colors are based on ROTF Mudflap rather than a diaclone color.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Lift-Ticket (Diaclone) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  10. JazzAlert13

Ahh. I could’ve sworn he was the red Skids and Reboost was the red Crosscut.

Just looked it up and it turns out they both share Crosscuts mold. Weird. Still doubt Guard is red Skids but now I guess it’s an option?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would obviously be terrible, but what actually could work really well would be a new mold that's shared between Animated helicopter Megatron and a more accurate Super Megatron (or perhaps a Super Megatron that also takes cues from Animated Megatron's Cybertronian design from the show, if they want to sell it as the pre-Earth mode of the same character).
    Yeah, he's even already got the tool rack in his backpack. They'd probably have to change the conventional ambulance mode to an offroad rescue vehicle more like his Bayverse incarnation because that mold would have serious ground clearance issues without the huge wheels, but I'd be alright with that compromise.
    I think Appolux saw her prototype or instructions and said she's definitely closer to her G1 design than the Netflix figure was, especially in car mode.
    They wouldn't have to change the aesthetic as drastically as the Prime figures, but I hope they'd at least tweak the proportions a bit. I never liked how especially in FOC (it wasn't as bad in WFC) everyone looked so puffy and inflated. Gave me flashbacks to Pat Lee.

12. Nova Maximus

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Yes it was.

Now the MTMTE designs on the other hand I could fully see the argument being made, but that's not all of IDW.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IDW = MTMTE. It's part of the same company / universe. Even then, that first piece of art is not what they looked like the majority of the time.
    2021-10-28 09.55.15.jpg

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    We don't know that the "Guard" character is supposed to be a Diaclone reference. We literally know nothing bout it except the price point and what appears to be a placeholder name. I'll be very surprised if Guard or DK-3 ends up as the final names for those two Selects listings.

This. The "Red Crosscut" was named Reboost by Takara for the MP line and the "Burnt Orange Skids" was named Screech by Takara for the eHobby release. Hasbro generally doesn't come up with their own names if Takara has already created a name for a "Diaclone character". I think Stepper becoming Ricochet in the US was the last time I can remember that happening during Alternators and that's probably likely because back then they weren't slapping Autobot or some other moniker in front of the names to get them past legal.

Botcon 2015 I believe. "Red Hoist" became Lift-Ticket and "Black Skids" became Burn-Out. Though they were not Transformers per se in that story. They were mechs from another universe piloted by humans... so the original Diaclone story crossed over into the Transformers Universe via FunPub's version of TransTech.

Well, I'm not saying they might not make any stylistic changes but you wouldn't need the complete aesthetic overhaul that stuff like Prime, Animated, and Bayverse designs need coming into the G1 Universe.

Honestly, how close the designs are to the G1 aesthetic depends on the artist's interpretation. Heck, when the movies got big during the launch of the first IDW ongoing they were doing designs that were a mix of G1 and the movie's "realism"... which ironically reminds me of the new movie aesthetic started by the Bumblebee film. But I agree... much of IDW is definitely in a G1 aesthetic if not strictly Sunbow's aesthetic.

• Like Like x 5
  15. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    The way I see it is that IDW fell into the G1 pot at a time when traditional G1 characters weren't being used in story format yet (only DW G1 stories). With no "Neo-G1" bucket to toss it in, TFWIki was updated to just "G1 continuity family".

But not too long after that, IDW quickly evolved into a definitive continuity of its own, distinct from G1 - both in story and style. Subsequent media also followed suit, such as Cyberverse.

So, what we need is a "Neo-G1" bucket for IDW 1.0, maybe 2.0, Prime Wars and definitely Cyberverse where G1 was the initial basis for style and story but is sufficiently distinct from that era of look and story.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    DK-3 might end up being a real name and not a placeholder seeing as it was the name used for the blue Trailbreaker in the same line the Power Dashers names come from.
    Diakron - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Huh. Interesting. Unimaginative as a name, but interesting.

18. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I love the IDW designs so roll as many out as you like.

Honestly, I think part of the problem is that it's tough to truly define G1 media. Is it the cartoon, the Marvel series, or a combination? What about the IDW comics which were designed as updated G1? If not, what about Regeneration One?
    If updates count, do reboots? If so, the G1 story is redone as Bayverse, Prime, Cyberverse, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Nova Maximus

News Credits:
    MTMTE was part of IDW, but the designs were a great departure from what came before and after. It was designed to be it's own thing with many of the designs by Nick Roche in his art style with a very pointed/angular and less-earthy look while the rest of IDW went with pre-existing designs or closer to the "updated G1" look.
    For example:
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

That is until IDW started just using the toy designs from 2015/16 up to today. So you're idea for "G1 aesthetic" will then be on if you like the look of the PWT.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

If I had to guess, Guard is either the Black Ironhide some people suggested, or it might not even be Diaclone at all (I think people are going a bit overboard assuming they're ALL diaclone, Black Zarak is considered a legacy selects release and he isn't diaclone).

As for Reboost, I'm sure we'll see him. I'm banking on him possibly being one of the Target Red Card exclusives. Though they may pull a Spin-out and pack him with another skids repaint or something.

I'm basically thinking that the Skid's repaints might go something like:

Skids: Legacy wave 1 (duh).
    Crosscut (new head): Legacy wave 4 (obvious repaints generally go in late waves), if not some other exclusive. They can't not do Crosscut at this point.
    Reboost (crosscut head): aforementioned Red Card. If not somewhere else.
    Burnout: Walmart (already rumored/listed), personally hoping for a new female head. Likely toy skids helmet with feminine face, similar to Road Rage.
    Quantum Operative Skids (toy head maybe?): some kind of two pack with Screech, maybe Amazon or Gen Selects.
    Screech (crosscut head): two pack with QO Skids.
    AOE Rollbar (white and purple): I dunno, they likely won't do this one but it's my second favorite color scheme used on a Skids mold behind QO Skids, so I want it lol.

I would not be surprised if Hasbro decides to just, not do QO Skids and Screech, considering they're based on ROTF Skids and Mudflap. And well, I'm sure you know why Hasbro wouldn't like those two anymore. But they're good colors for the molds, and I'd love to get them from this new mold.

• Like Like x 2