Leaked 2022 SS and Evolution wave composition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Preposterous, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I hope they go all out on the robot mode (like making the whole twin shoulders thing work) and they can phone in the alt mode if need be. Personally, I'd even be okay with no alt mode if the robot was good enough, but Vague Cybertronian Jet is such an easy thing to pull off that I feel like they might as well give him an alt mode.
    As long as it's not like SS ROTF Soundwave where a bunch of effort whet into the robot mode we never saw in the film and the one on-screen mode suffered for it.

2. Paltatronus19

Paltatronus19 we live in a society where collecting is sacred 0:

[​IMG]
    Wait? the evasion mode from prime is not coming? D,:

3. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Wait hang on, shine is bumblebee optimus starscream and soundwave. That's actually really fascinating, kinda throws my Machine Wars theory out the window

4. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not this year unfortunately:( 

• Like Like x 2
  5. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

I'll be happy if prime Knockout looks anything like this:
    [​IMG]
    I know it sounds like a s***post but I'm being serious

• Like Like x 9
  6. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Only 4 things on this list even interest me. Core Dauros Sounds really nice, however I would have preferred Blood. Wheelie could be good and interested in Pointblank but probably won\'t get him. He would look great next to Chromedome though. I love the Micromaster Rumble mold for its size, I expect this new one to be a decent enhancement however. In all likelihood I probably will only get Rumble. Waiting next next year, assuming this is the full 2022 list, for all the Japanese characters. 

7. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's normally not nearly as slender as Soundwave, but we don't know what Soundwave will look like, so who knows.
    This is completely baseless but I want to believe it could be CHUG-ified Animated versions? Optimus and Bumblebee could work as very heavy reshells of their WFC figures, just reusing the overall engineering with all new parts, and I could see that Starscream then being remolded into Armada Starscream. It'd also fit with the rumor that Armada Starscream's jet mode would look more realistic, since a CHUG-ified Animated Starscream jet mode honestly wouldn't look that far off from something that could actually exist (IMO). Soundwave would be the only one who'd need a completely new mold that wouldn't be shared with anything else we know about. Again, totally baseless so I don't want anyone to think this is an actual rumor.

• Like Like x 2
  8. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Rise of the Beasts getting it's own line then? I would have thought those figures would end up in the Studio Series line.

9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    CW's got you covered!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mean, that's probably not too far off lol. I'm guessing the vehicle mode will look like an un-stylized version of that and given that it sounds like he's a (probably heavy) remold of SS86 Jazz, the chest and wheels/fenders on his feet will probably be similar.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Someone is going to be disappointed. Core class figures are as tall as the old Legends class, they are more than twice the size of Micromasters. SS86 Rumble (and by extension Frenzy) won't be able to fit in the Netflix Soundwave drawer. If they're making Ravage or Laserbeak at the same scale, then they also wouldn't fit.

That doesn't necessarily mean we won't see Netflix Soundwave again, or that a new Soundwave figure wouldn't be scaled similarly. There's just no way to make tapes where both the robot and alt modes scale to Soundwave's chest drawer. In the current scale, Core's robots are right but the tapes are way too big, while Micromasters have the problem reversed. And a tape deck that scales to Core tapes would be ridiculously oversized like TR Soundwave.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well since that’s off my chest I can breath. No I’m not going to post the exclusives, though some of you know of some. ;) 
    Fixed. DOTM Bee is x2 and Bulkhead is x1. That’s what I get for typing everything out individually, and not double checking.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  13. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

You know, I'm coming around to the shell/bot becomes vehicle thing. Honestly, the shell is really the only thing I remember about most pretenders.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

This. Unless they make the scale right but half the size of a normal core class which will go over well...

15. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm fine with the figures not fitting in Soundwave in exchange for being more in-scale with the cartoon (about up to Soundwave's waist for the humanoid guys). We already have okay representations of the cassettes with the Micromasters for actual cassette form, I wanting these Core figures to be more accurate with some neat accessories, that aren't hampered by having to fit inside another figure.

For me, the Micromaster versions will be their cassette modes. The Core versions will be their robot modes.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

No worries on the exclusives. They'll pop up eventually. Thanks for all the info. Questions though -

Selects Guard - which mold is it?
    Hot Rod Variant - just magenta/pink or something else
    Swoop - where is my avian buddy? Snarl delays were expected.

17. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'm glad the next Dinobot is Sludge. He's always been a personal favorite of mine!

Although it seems Jhiaxus is a Starscream pretool, I do hope they change enough so that it does actually look like the guy.

18. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good questions.

1. I don’t know what guard is because all I have is a listing and no pictures.

2. yes I believe it’s magenta Hot Rod.

3. I haven’t seen anything yet on the other 2 Dinobots yet.

• Like Like x 14
  19. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

Like the diversity of eras and characters with Legacy. Was hoping for more UT representation but hopefully we’ll get more in the two lines afterwards. Also seems as though the main prime cast will be receiving updates. Already 4 in the 2022 lineup so I can see it happening.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X It's a hobby. Remember to have some perspective.

News Credits:
    Next year will be the first year I won't be a completist, so looking at this list, these are the ones that pique my interest:

Legacy/Evolution:
    Iguanus
    Energon monster (both core and deluxe)
    Tarantulas
    Pointblank
    Jhiaxus
    Beast Wars Inferno (YES YES YES!!!)

Studio Series:
    Anything TF6 (so Ravage, Shockwave, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Brawn, Arcee, Ironhide, Soundwave, Thundercracker)
    TF3 Laserbeak
    TF2 Sideways
    TF5 Hot Rod (potentially, depending upon how accurate he is-- if it's just a re-issue of the TLK remold of Lockdown, then no)
    86 Sludge
    86 Junkyard
    Voyager Cyclonus' Armada
    Potentially DK-3 and Guard, I have no idea what those are