Leaked 2022 SS and Evolution wave composition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Preposterous, Sep 21, 2021.

1. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Since it'll most likely just be wave 1 revealed. And assuming the wave assortment info we have is up to date and accurate.

Laser Prime, Dragstrip and Iguanus are what I'm looking forward to the most. Curious to see Bulkhead as well.

Hoping we get a glimpse of wave 2 so we at least get to see Tarantulas.

• Like Like x 3
  2. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

I'm curious how the Core Class Hot Rod is going to turn out. I'm also looking forward to finding out how the TF:p rime figures are going to turn out, and I want to see whether or not Laser Optimus captures even a fraction of the original figures coolness. I don't see that happening with modern pricepoints though.

3. Mung daal

Mung daal Dancing is forbidden

Kingdom wave 1 was revealed at pulsecon last year and Legacy is getting revealed at pulsecon this year, then kingdom wave 2 was revealed on December second so if the pattern keeps going we should be seeing Blitzwing, tarantulas, and all those other crazy fellas early December :D 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    "Hi there! I'm with Hasbro consumer relations, I've been told there's been some issues with early samples."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Yea, the increased height on Ravage comes purely from the new parts (thighs, torso and head). I think he might be barely shorter than Primal, but he's definitely taller than Cheetor, so it could probably be argued that he is somewhere between deluxe and voyager in budget since there's so many new parts plus the size increase plus the limited release. I don't like the price, but to me it does make sense.

• Like Like x 9
  6. LunarStrike

LunarStrike Let's Get Dangerous!

I can easily justify $50 over $40 for the pure nostalgic value and marking out over him in BW! To this day, I still get the feels when I watch it. Also, my son marked out when he first watched it (after G1) and realized it's the same Ravage! He's 7, and we watched G1 and BW over the last year or so. Priceless!

• Like Like x 8
  7. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Haven't followed the leaks too closely but has anything been said about Laser Optimus having a fuel tanker, a redeco of the ER trailer, or if it doesn't have anything at all?

8. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    Yes, it has been said.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Well, which one is it then?

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It has a fuel tanker.

• Like Like x 7
  11. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Should be the fuel tanker from the original, hopefully should be better than the Earthrise trailer, especially since it doesn't have to deal with being a trailer that can't carry a vast majority of deluxes

• Like Like x 10
  12. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Which means that, for whatever reason, Hasbro will design this one to carry a vast majority of deluxes

• Like Like x 2
  13. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A laser optimus that is better at carrying cars than Ultra magnud would be hilarious

gimme a commander magnus with a good inner white bot mode and a real trailer

• Like Like x 5
  14. SecretWyvern

Eh, I say the commander slot could be better served with someone else, think Ultra Magnus would be fine as an all in one transformation like the CW figure and all media depictions at leader, if they were to do G1 Ultra Magnus again which I'd rather them not, even with how bad the Kingdom figure turned out.

• Like Like x 9
  15. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Nah I still really want them to do a commander G1 Magnus. That being said I don’t want them to do it for like 5+ years. Let some other characters without recent updates get some representation before we revisit a character done so recently.

• Like Like x 4
  16. SecretWyvern

Even the 5+ years thing is a bit iffy on my end, people like citing it, even though there's tons of characters that could be getting updates instead.
    And besides, I'm not even sure a full package Ultra Magnus could work at commander budget. The trailer would have to basically be nothing to function properly as a carrier trailer yet somehow make the vast majority of the robot mode since G1 Ultra Magnus doesn't incorporate the cab into his robot mode, and that cab would have to be able to turn into a robot on it's own that's about the same size of Optimus and be able to hold up the weight of the armor for long extended periods of time, which would have to not interfere with posability either. I feel like, even with commander budget and pricing, we'd end up with a figure where one of the modes is sacrificed heavily.
    I'd honestly put my bets more on a masterpiece release, but given Takara's heavy reliance on sunbow accuracy I kinda doubt it at this point

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

lmao, I feel so guilty about wanting a Commander Magnus using a modified-for-trailer-compatibility (attachments AND joints) ER Prime for the inner robot and a larger, more proper trailer/armor, I want it really bad but also really really don't want a Commander slot taken up by a third Magnus in so few years

• Like Like x 8
  18. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Eh, while I want everybody to be happy I ultimately collect for me, so I don’t feel guilty. One of the things I want the most is effectively Kingdom Magnus but done better in every way. I feel they could to better at commander budget tbh.

If they did a masterpiece Magnus 3.0 this time with core white bot, and it wasn’t wildly out of scale, I’d be good with that for my chug collection tbh.

19. Snakeguy

Snakeguy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something they could do to give us a Magnus from er prime is sell it as a 7/11 repaint like they did with MP10. Wouldn't solve the armor question but would at least give a pretty good white prime

20. Yuuki

Yuuki Why do I even bother

While I do like Siege Magnus, there's definitely room for improvement, so I don't really think there's anything wrong with wanting one more go. Honestly while SS86 and Kingdom feel like premium representations of the movie characters, a lot of the Autobots leave a little to be desired. Arcee's a doll under a shell, Kup just flat out isn't fun to transform (imo), Hot Rod's undersized for his smaller, more intricate and breakable parts, Jazz is a ticking time-bomb of clear plastic (Same goes for the Datsuns), and Ultra Magnus' trailer is entirely different from the original design. If Hasbro and Takara are striving to create the be-all-end-all representations of these characters then these could use at least one more go to iron out their issues, Arcee and Ultra Magnus I'd say are pretty high on that list.

Plus, you know, you could always make him a pre-mold for a Power Master OP/Ginrai again, it works pretty well with the core cab. Just make that it's own robot and you could have two really good Commanders.

• Like Like x 1