Leak Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TransformingRobot

TransformingRobot Banned

Taking advantage of his being overjoyed,

@wreckgar39

The SS commander class; Bayverse or SS86?

2. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Needs to be repeated.

Cybershark deserves to be the best Deluxe in Legacy considering he was the best Deluxe in Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Legitimately THE best leak on the thread. A creative, fan type with free reign at a major corporation is a gift from God, man.

• Like Like x 17
  4. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

I say Cybershark for the Maximals and Retrax for the Predacons.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

Dude, a new Cybershark would be awesome. The original deluxe is easily my favorite Beast Wars toy and that's not counting my bias towards sharks being my favorite animal

• Like Like x 2
  6. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Oh baby, if we start gunning towards non-screen Bayformers, ya boi is gonna start collecting Studio Series.

• Like Like x 3
  7. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

exclusives are still a part of the line. so under your logic that would mean ss 36 drift and ss 31 megatron arent valid in your book cause theyre exclusive repaints. as for in articulate accessories there still ss48 parks megatron, ss15 bumblebee and Charlie which is cherry picking but those extra accessories werent in the movie and the ss08 (?) camo blackout, the stuff i included in that post was just an example, do you expect me to put every picture and example over a pointless arument on the internet?

8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Shrug. Your original post you said this:
    I and others gave you several examples of that not being the case. Now you're introducing new conditions.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That's why I'm not so sure about all this. You don't just go from saying something isn't happening because the budget literally can not handle it, to suddenly it's planned just so far in advance there's literally no other information.

I mean, we have the solid prototype of a fully featured Armada Optimus Prime and Hasbro is dragging their feet on releasing him, why in hell would a non-existent AoE Galvatron already be slated for possible release when they haven't even figured out how to make the damn figure work on a mass produced scale to be sold for $30 at retail?

Whatever is going on involves information we're not party to, but it just doesn't seem right that Hasbro would bother giving the worst of the Bayverse films more attention simultaneously with them pushing the new film continuity.

Yes.

Because in previous instances where the matter of Studio Series overstaying its welcome was the topic, I've been told that people just want a complete full movie roster.

This now makes it so people will want all the characters who only exist in concept.

Its really getting to the point that Bayverse oversaturation is just as bad as the G1 oversaturation.

That is fair, so I concede the point you are making. It does kind of water down Studio Series all the same if it's just 'the movie line' now, though, throwing out the 'screen accuracy' claim the line launched with IIRC.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  10. Optimalprimal

So which of these are we going to when the arguing gets us locked? Just wanted to get this out there before it's too late. :) 

11. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    In all seriousness, thank you.
    It's even more "simple" to apologize and not do it again.

• Like Like x 7
  12. CSpider72

CSpider72 Well-Known Member

Ok, I heard that we are getting Core Class Steeljaw, Frenzy, Lazerbeak(BB mode), BB Ravage, and Optimus Prime. The question I have is, are they under SS line?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    It wasn’t the budget that was holding them back from working on AOE/TLK stuff sooner. It was the fact that AOE/TLK didn’t sell well, meaning people didn’t like them as much as the original trilogy toys/characters/etc. So they prioritized stuff from the original trilogy that did sell well and is generally better regarded overall, regardless of the movie in question’s actual quality. Trust me, I hate TLK too, but it’s more of an interest thing. From what he said, Hasbro’s been afraid AOE/TLK won’t sell because of their poor performance in the past. Besides Grimlock, Lockdown, and Stinger (Grimlock is the main Dinobot, Lockdown was the big bad, and Stinger is not as Herculean a feat to make as a commander class Spinosaurus, for one), AOE/TLK still has barely received any representation in SS aside from retools and a sorely needed reissue of Cogman. It’s adding up for me.

14. Optimalprimal

Wreckgar39 mentioned a core class SS line, but I haven't heard specifics beyond Ravage. I'm onboard with half these guys.

15. CSpider72

CSpider72 Well-Known Member

Ok. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    Tbh I thought it was kind of obvious that Studio Series would branch out beyond solely the mainline films when SS86 was announced and the cast of movie figures began to become more and more filled out.

I think the inclusion of vg characters makes sense when you take into consideration that Hasbro seems to be banking on some sort of longevity when it comes to the SS line (similar to Black Series and Marvel Legends), and the drying well of 1-5 and 86 won’t be sustainable for long if that’s what they’re going for.

So, they’re expanding the boundaries of what qualifies for SS. I don’t think it’s too ridiculous of a stretch considering it’s still characters that originated or stemmed from the movies, and SS86 in and of itself is kind of a stretch anyways. Ultimately, I think SS will always be within the bubble of “film or film related” characters, but movie game tie-in characters can fall under that umbrella pretty nicely.

If they were to only include TF7 and subsequent films after finishing 86 and 1-5, that would result in either 1) rushed and inaccurate figures based on concept art or 2) accurate figures with a LARGE time gap after the film’s release. This isn’t even taking into consideration the size of the robot cast. For all we know, it could be very tiny.

In conclusion, please mind the budget.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting that Thrilling 30 the vibe back. When we never knew what the next wave would bring and it was always something crazy.

• Like Like x 5
  18. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the company that didn't have the foresight to wait a year to put Powermaster Optimus in a line (POTP) he was perfect for gimmick wise, has figures planned for four years into the future.

Riiiiight.

19. Optimalprimal

Same here. I know a lot of the newer than BW era folks are frustrated waiting, but, man, if this is T30 2.0 the feast is gonna be like a Vegas buffet, baby.

• Like Like x 6
  20. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    You mean a character who's gimmick didn't fit into POTP? Yeah.

I don't understand the correlation you're trying to make here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.