Leak Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

For me, I'd love to see more IDW designs. Nautica, Drift, Windblade, Thundercracker, and especially Rodimus, Thunderclash, Roller, and the original Optimus designs were great. B-2 and Autobot megs were my favorites. That's what I'd like Legacy to move to, influenced by the original G1 design but updated.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

I second this. As someone who is both buying figures for myself to display and figures for my cousin to play with, it's really hard to find Transformers nowadays. I know I can just order them online but that's it's own hassle in a way. The TRU near me would order metric butt-tons of stock for their products, so figures of one wave could be on the shelf for almost two years, versus the two weeks that walmart has a wave available. It makes me wish Hasbro would re-release figures more often because I hate telling my cousin that Earthrise Soundwave or Megs or Bumblebee are really hard to get.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the topic of IDW designs getting figs I would LOVE for Hearts of Steel getting some official figures for once. They’re such cool designs and it’s a shame there’s been no official figures of them.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Cosmosis

Hell to the yeah. Hasbro's been really creative with the WFC roster so far, with Impactor and the Terrorcons and so on. Let's hope they start to pull characters like the DJD, Drift and Scrounge.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Cosmosis

Centurion, fuck yeah!

6. Optimalprimal

This. I know that most retailers monitor eBay for Loss Prevention, so I wish Hasbro would do the same in relation to toys under 12 months old selling for double or triple the price. When they see that they could slot that figure in for a rerelease and show the major retailers a proven sales demand to get them to stock up.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Cosmosis

Especially for exclusives. How the hell are they gonna make money on Earthrise Runabout if the bastard sells out in two minutes!?

• Like Like x 7
  8. Optimalprimal

To me it's to Hasbro's benefit. If someone is paying scalpers $60 for Runabout, then there's probably 3 folks who won't. Get that info and get the figure back out in some form as soon as you can.
    Edit: BTW, I missed what you said about scrounge on first read. You get triple points for mentioning that one of a kind little guy. I got the Computron version, but a comic version would be my grail, man. I remember being traumatized reading that as a kid. It was great!

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Cosmosis

Exactly. I don't get why companies think that it's a good thing to have something be impossible to get. I understand why for things that are expensive to make like haslab's Unicron, but we live in a world where a kid can learn about almost the entire Transformers cast through one wiki page. Kids want to collect all of everything and so do I dammit.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, that's precisely where their money is coming from, because people buy it up as soon as they can. While they would hopefully take that to mean they need even more stock to satisfy demand, they're getting their money, whether it's a kid, a scalper, or a collector that snags the toys. While I wish they cared, the only thing that's driving them to make more stock is because they want more money, and I kinda doubt $20-$30 toys are the real moneymakers for large stores like this. Unless we're talking about Hasbro here, in which case, yeah, what the fuck?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Cosmosis

*Tips hat* thank you sir.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Optimalprimal

You're right and that's what gets me. THEY didn't get their money; the scalpers did. If I ran Hasbro, I'd be doing everything in my power to get more dough.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Nice meme. Now FFS let it the hell go. Star Wars isn't "your" franchise.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They don’t seem to want line-wide gimmicks anymore, so having a handful of them (maybe one or two a wave) would have to suffice. They could also have the obligatory classics in Jazz, Bee, Grimlock, and Starscream. Heck, even Optimus and Megatron became Pretenders with the TFCC.

I think Toyhax should just make a sticker set to make a SS86 SG Jazz.

• Like Like x 2
  15. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

You guys are so precious. It's okay, you can still like something that others dislike. Both things can exist at the same time... the universe will not fold onto itself or nuthin.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Optimalprimal

Sigh. Let me set things straight since I seem to have accidently hijacked the thread. I was making a dad joke. They were talking about things Disney has done and I made a flippant remark. I apologize to anyone who was upset. Full disclosure, I put Force Awakens as my third favorite SW film and don't really get too fired up about the sequel trilogy. I like most of what Disney has done with Star Wars. It was what I thought was a cute joke. Let's move on and talk about Transformers. Please.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Sure, technically they got their money's worth from scalpers buying up the initial run of a figure, but to view it as "A sale is a sale" I would say is rather short sighted. Scalpers are parasites on the brand that just gobble up rare figures so they can flip them, all they're doing is making a profit while making the hobby more difficult for the people who actually care about and use the product. Scalpers can only exist so long as high demand for the product exists. If Hasbro continues with scalper-friendly policies, (i.e. a ton of single-run exclusives), there's going to be less and less collectors willing to put up with it, and frankly between WFC/SS86, they've run through the majority of really popular characters within the franchise. It should be factored in as a problem, because it is.

I think there's a strong argument to be made for reissues becoming a more commonplace thing within Transformers, given the way things are right now. If that came at the sacrifice of having to wait a bit longer for new molds, so that horrendous scalper-bait figures like ER Ratchet, Coneheads, Runabout can be mainline releases, I would be supportive of that. At least that way, kids and collectors would have an actual chance at getting these characters, so they're not just screwed because they didn't immediately jump on it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Yeah it was definitely not made in good jest. People still very much absolutely abhor the sequel trilogy with an honestly insane and unwarranted level of violence.

• Like Like x 9
  19. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    please stop talking about star wars in my thread.

• Like Like x 20
  20. Optimalprimal

Tell me about it. I really don't get getting wound up over anything trivial when you've got people trying to survive around the world. Anyway, mea culpa, let's move on. There's a ton of robot related stuff we can discuss instead.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.