Leak Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

From your keyboard to Mark's ears, man. That would be the dream, but I'll take anything Strongarm related. Having kids just resets the nostalgia cycle...

• Like Like x 15
  2. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Energon homebrewer

My random 2 cents about Motormaster/Menasor.

Motormaster is an odd Transformers. Both the cab and the trailer transformer into the robot, yet he’s not bigger than Optimus. Oh well, at least his trailer just doesn’t dissapear...

I’ve seen people mentioning that Motormaster should be generally updated to change into just the cab. Kinda like it’a accepted that Megatron is now a tank, keeping his robot mostly intact. That would certainly be easier scale wise. If we want G1 Motormaster to be as tall as Prime.

But we know the toy is supposed to be Commander. Hasbro is going all in with the trailer integrated into the transformation. We’ve seen 3rd party doing a pretty kick ass job. I think it’s possible to make it look cool. We just have to accept that Motormaster is a pretty big bot. He’s also the torso of Menasor. Speaking of...

If you demand a classic G1 faithful Menasor but also wish Menasor is not just Motormaster with cars attached to his limbs. That’s an oxymoron. That’s exactly what G1 Menasor is. For better or for worse. I like G1 Menasor too, love the stunticons as team, he’s iconic. But let’s fave it, he’s probably the worst design of the G1 combiners. Motormaster with a different head, cars attached to his limb and a kick ass sword. Don’t forget the sword Hasbro, or people will make upgrade kits anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

I'm all aboard the Strongarm hype train. We need more diverse female bots. I think getting Roadrage, Minerva and Strongarm would be a good start.

• Like Like x 12
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Okay, make room, people. Make room for me. Your best nuCHUG prediction agent. Scale connoisseur. The most reliable predictor outside of the leakers themselves. I have the sizes Siege Ironhide, Siege Astrotrain, Earthrise Cliffjumper, and the arrival of Earth modes so soon after Cybertronian modes all under my belt as predictions. Over 90% of my super-informed predictions have come to fruition. Make way, fellow fans.

My super-awesome, precedent-informed, almost detective-level prediction for Transformers: Legacy Commander class Motormaster; my HOT TAKE, if you will:

-Motormaster will indeed have a tractor cab/trailer integrated robot mode transformation, just like his G1 toy, Sunbow, and Marvel comics depictions. He will form a torso no larger than the torso mode of your standard Combiner Wars Voyager.

-Motormaster will have a level of size and complexity not unlike the robot mode of Kingdom Commander Rodimus Prime. He will have super articulation and an intricate transformation for all three of his inevitable modes - and maybe even a fourth Scramble City base mode as well.

-Motormaster will come with Menasor combiner kibble that is maximally articulate with individual finger articulation and omni-directional wrist and ankle articulation.

-Motormaster will come with his gun, his sword, and a Menasor-sized sword.

I have only the utmost confidence that at least 80% of this prediction is true. You - all of you may quote me on this when this turns out to be correct. or in the event that it's not correct.

May you all be blessed with the glory of scale.

Edit: Clarified Siege Ironhide, Siege Astrotrain, Earthrise Cliffjumper mentions in first paragraph.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
  5. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

absolutely!

• Like Like x 2
  6. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw somewhere else on social media that we could be getting a leader class Prime Optimus Prime alongside deluxes Prime Arcee and Knockout. Is this true? It makes me wonder if those are it for the Prime figures, or if they may slowly redo the base cast over the next trilogy.

7. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know the discussion on Motormaster has been going on for a couple months in this thread and its predecessor. I'll just leave some quick thoughts here: I don't want a Motormaster whose robot mode is JUST the cab, they already did that in CW and IMO it sucked. The cab is supposed to be MM's toes! As for his torso mode, if the leg components can be attached facing forward or backward, maybe a MM could have a couple of removable panels that peg over the robot parts of the individual limb-bots. The arm-bots should be as unhindered as possible.

As for the stuff on the 1988 Autobot Headmasters, it is great to hear they are finally happening. Hopefully a good mold is made for Nightbeat and Siren, maybe something like the Universe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe design that accomodated both characters. I can see the thing about there possibly being a bunch of earth cars in one year (especially if we see Minerva and Go Shooter), which is why I could see them pushing forward Quickmix and Landfill and gradually filling out the deluxe line-up with Horri-Bull, Squeezeplay, and Fangry plus Quake and Needlenose.

Somewhere down the line we need Crosshairs (more than a Siege Ironhide repaint), Pointblank, and Sureshot. And upscale (and de-headmaster) Slugslinger, Misfire, and Triggerhappy to voyager so they match Cyclonus and Scourge in size. They could keep the idea of them all having the same leg transformation though.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I know about the Headmaster Jrs is that my younger brother had the toys when we were kids and I was jealous.

Nightbeat will be mine.

• Like Like x 14
  9. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

FOR THE ROY...I MEAN THE SCALEALTY!

• Like Like x 8
  10. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

Or at least an IDW comic (mini) series about it. Just borrow the premise from Marvel Comic's Exiles series(es): a rotating cast of characters pulled from different continuities by a mysterious benefactor/puppetmaster(s) to stop/fix major threats. They could make Sideways the team liaison.

(I still want a WfC-engineering character with an Earth LLV alt mode.)

Not well enough sadly, as we never got retro releases of Slugslinger and Misfire though.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

Gotta admire the mans hubris...I’m rooting for your prediction to come true :) 

• Like Like x 6
  12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about Firecons instead!
    01-Transformers-TCG-Firecons.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  13. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    YUP! When @orangeitis flies too close to the sun he says "Nope! No sun here, I haven't been proven wrong!" :lol 

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Also, Sparkstalker's Conjunx Endura, Lightbright.

Oh yes.

>:3

• Like Like x 5
  16. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    Oh trust me, I absolutely want new firecons. Honestly I don't see why we couldn't have both though.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel Legends does not feel the need to create an overall story arc explaining why Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham is in the same line as MCU Iron Man or Lady Deadpool. Power Rangers Lightning Collection similarly does not need to explain why the Time Force Red Ranger is in the same line as the MMPR Green Ranger.

There is no reason you need a comic or cartoon explanation for why you're getting Prime Optimus, Knockout, BW Tarantulas and G1 Hosehead in the same year's assortment mix. Just put the source show or comic logo on the box like they already do with Studio Series. You have all managed to go this long with that format in every other Hasbro line and Studio Series. You can live without it in Generations too.

This way we don't get things like Galaxy Convoy in ancient G1 Cybertron. He would just be a Cybertron toy like he already is on most of your shelves. We don't need every Generations toy reworked to fit a the tri-annual retelling of G1 canon when their own shows and comics are why people like them to begin with.

• Like Like x 13
  18. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

It'd be fun to have, but no, I don't need it and most people here wouldn't need it either.

But a media tie-in does seem to boost visibility and sales, and we're going to need good sales figures to keep getting future figures of less-well-known characters made. Especially if many of these figures are going to be stocked in the toy aisle in retail stores. Kids in particular are going to need something to plant these characters in their imaginations. Micromasters and Battle Masters died because Walmart and Target stopped ordering after they weren't selling well enough.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

If there's two things I feel like we can be certain about regarding Commander Motormaster, it's 1. Hasbro isn't going to make his robot mode any significant amount smaller than ER Prime, and probably not much larger either, and 2. they're not going to have their Commander class release have an absolutely tiny truck and trailer for an alt mode. Whether that means they have most or all of the trailer detach and become combined mode frame, or they somehow pull off the "cab and trailer entirely become Motormaster, but trailer is mostly panels that origami up into more solid pieces so Motormaster's robot mode is relatively reasonably sized" of the Fans Toys Motormaster, who knows. I just know we're probably not getting a puny truck+trailer or an oversized robot mode for their Commander class release for 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Would personally love to see firecon's as core class chunky cuties. Did they ever get a show appearance that would contradict it

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.