Leadership styles of Team Prime and reactions

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TFW10, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    From the get go Wheeljack wasn't pleased to see Magnus and questions his authority later, but begrudgingly accepts him when Ratchet advocates Magnus as leader.

He liked the guns though.

2. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    If Fowler really wants to impress Magnus, he should bring him along to watch boot camp.

Sarg:"YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
    Recruit: "standing"
    Sarg: "WHAT THE **** DID YOU JUST SAY?"
    Recruit: "standing...sir"
    Sarg: "LOUDER!"
    Recruit: "SIR!"
    Sarg: "NOW GIMME 50 PUSHUPS"
    Recruit: "YES SIR"

Magnus: "O.O...sweet."

3. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kept on seeing people killed Prime UM with this "Sir" comment as though he used this word to every bot/people he sees. Let's get the record right, he only used it "1" time and that was a response to Bulkhead. The first time Arcee saw UM, she called him sir. Jack, without knowing who UM is, just retorted the word sir back to Arcee as though why is she afraid of this new guy. That was when UM got irritated and tell Jack to watch his tone.

The way I see it, if UM (or anyone) is indeed Optimus/Autobots 2nd in command, he doesn't need to be reinstated in the chain of command to any local commander/army (Ratchet/Arcee/BH,etc) regardless not part of the war or hasn't stay in earth. As long as the supreme commander Optimus has no issue with him, the lower rank soldiers/officers should obey him. Secondly, it is obviously that Arcee knows her place as she called UM commander upon responding to BH and WJ, "thanks the commander". Even Ratchet support UM to lead. And yes, I love when UM shut up WJ with the gun supply. WJ actually called him sir, lol.

What I like to know:
    Since UM is by the book and using rank as part of his speech, e.g. soldier, sir, what will he call Optimus when he sees him?

4. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    That is a stickler. I mean on the one hand "Sir" or "Prime" would be appropriate, but at the same time I don't think Optimus likes being referred to like that. Would UM show respect the traditional way or just by foregoing the uncomfortable title in favor of his name? I think it would probably depend on who is present with them.

5. RedAlert1

RedAlert1 Well-Known Member

The one thing that truly bothers me with Um's type of attitude is that he's the first candidate in the 'who's gonna die" list by the end of the series. Being the stiff and all serious type of person means that he will be the most distant member of the team and the one that won't really bond with anyone. Even "lone wolf" Wheeljack has his own inside circle with Bulkhead and now Miko. So UM is the one that no one will really miss when/if he's gone. I really do hope that i'm wrong though cause he is the best thing that happened in this show for quite a while, imo.

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to know, how, where, and when did UM get the weapons from since they look new?

Unless, he made them himself?

7. DarekSilver

DarekSilver Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's called proper maintenance and care storage of your weapon(s).

for a rules stickler like Magnus, I'd expect him to keep his equipment as minty fresh as he could.

8. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    cleaned them, dreadwing had guns to that looked pretty damn new.

9. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

This is an interesting thought..... yet, I can see someone making the effort to bond with him; and he in turn working harder to protect that particular character. Maybe it will be a total unlikely like one of the humans (?). But, I don't see him getting offed in this show. I don't know why, but I don't see him on the first to die list... Maybe because he adds tension/drama to the show. His interactions with the other characters are interesting.

10. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Maybe he winds up bonding to Smokescreen? You know, playing up the whole Elite Guard angle from last season. Be an interesting way to let Smokey satisfy the need to prove himself.