Leadership styles of Team Prime and reactions

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TFW10, Mar 23, 2013.

1. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strictly for discussion sake only. (There is a lot of ifs so please don’t jump to conclusions.)

If Smokes does become the new Prime (regardless temporarily or not) everyone will be surprised.

Perhaps UM would be the most affected, since he's in 2nd in command and he may even pull a Starscream on Team Prime, because he wants to lead.

UM (traditional) is by the book , while Smokes (innovative) bends/breaks the rules.

Which leadership style do you think would eventually defeat Predacon, by the book or bending/breaks the rules a bit.

For me I'm leaning toward bending the rules.

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Since Cullen pretty much confirmed Prime's not dying
    , Imma say that the
    usual Optimus leadership
    will save the day.

3. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Whyndo people keep speculating that Smokescreen getting to be Prime would cause Ultra Magnus to go careening off the deep end and try to usurp control? The only version of UM I've ever seen with that kind of egomania was from Robots In Disguise. I'd think it'd be more likely he'd try to be helpful to minimize tbe damage an inexperienced leader might do during the transition. Maybe lend his own knowledge and criticism to help Smokescreen shape up better.

4. RedAlert1

RedAlert1 Well-Known Member

This^^.
    Clearly the whole 'by the book" model Magnus has going on these days has led people to the assumtion the the guy is a jackass:p . Well the fact that in IDW continuity he acts like one doesn't help at all. The original Magnus i grew up with was a more lighthearted person who would do anything for the cause, including helping a new and inexperienced leader to get things straight.I hope this Magnus is more like him.

5. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

He could have been pulling our leg so as not to spoil it.

6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Yeah. It should be pretty obvious since the 3D model for BH Prime is made that Prime will come back in the last episode or two and kick all kinds of ass. Probably being "powered up" with his new body. Of course it's not confirmed but it is probably something that is going to happen.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Agreed :) 

8. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Optimus' bulky form could've something to do with it.

9. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

Ultra Magnus is first and foremost a soldier, so he will follow the commands of whoever is in charge.

Though I hope Smokescreen is not a Prime. :) 

10. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

honestly UM is annoying with power . wish he wasnt telling everyone to call him sir every second. especially the kids . hes not their leader.

11. Leonis Prime

He is the highest ranked member of the Autobots right now, so that does make him their leader since the kids are part of team Prime too.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well thank god they aren't being led by TFA Sentinel Prime. am I right?

13. Leonis Prime

TFA Sentinal?

how about Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf.

Rimmer "We will charge the enemy stronghold, under the cover of day light"

Kryten "Day-light sir?"

Rimmer "Yes, a daylight charge over the minefield."

Kryten "The What-field!"

lol

14. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not unreasonable for a high-ranking military officer to insist for his subordinates to refer to him by the proper title. Hell, Magnus has actually shown himself to be relatively fair in allowing the kids to remain, as their civilian status means they should logically be as far from combat as possible.

15. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I think it might be funny for him to start out semi in the dark about the kids' collective status. Get his reaction to the idea that what basically amounts to a trio of sparklings are now under his care.

16. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

You know, though, even if UM is a senior ranking officer, he has not been on Earth for the past however many years. He has not fought the Earth battles with Megs, Aerachnid, Star Scream, etc. What about the chain of command for the Earth based Autobots - like Arcee? So, I think that UM has no business cruising in and telling everyone to call him "sir" - at least not until some intel has been discussed, etc. He really rubs me the wrong way. I mentioned in another post that Wheeljack didn't even follow Optimus' orders, so why is he all the sudden blindly following UM?

I hope Smokescreen does take on some leadership, but in the end, it would be great if UM supports him. In the end, the "leader" is the Autobot with the Matrix, right?

17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

To be fair, Orsus, Ultra Magnus was mentioned to be Optimus' Lieutenant, his personal second. Since the main leader is gone, the second-in-line steps up to the mantle, and the other Autobots are okay with that since they'd rather Magnus lead them then scuttle along by themselves :) 

As for Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus gave him guns. Wheeljack loves guns :lol 

18. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Well to be fair what he cruised into was the Autobots in disarray and demoralized. And he IS the second in command of all Autobots. It may have been his intention that, with the crippling blow the Autobots previously suffered, a snap too back to military discipline would help get them mobilized again. In his own way UM may be trying to provide some reassurance that "No, we are not finished, I won't let us be." Sort of the rock in the storm. And he was rather quick to offer up turns at his own toy chest so they could resupply.

19. Alpha Orsus

HAAAA!!!! True!!! :lol 

20. Alpha Orsus

Good point. I can see that.