Leader Starscream Prototype 146 Picture Gallery on Seiberton.com

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimist_Prime, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Damn... if that thing were alive I'd be sure to marry it.

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Where are people reporting this? This is the first I've hear of GPS problems with Protoform Starscream.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    There have been reports on these boards of people having problems with Starscream's joints breaking extremely easily.

4. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Regarding Protoform Starscream...

Joints breaking easily are one thing, the plastic outright crumbling into dust or shattering like dry, brittle chicken bones is another.

I personally haven't heard about anyone having issues with Proto Starscream in regards to plastic degeneration. Even if it were a real issue, there has not been enough time from it's casting at the factory for the plastic to degrade in such a manner.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I meant breaking as in pieces just coming away with no reason. There was concern at the time about it possibly being a GPS related matter. I don't have the figure; I can only comment on what I have read.

6. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    I don't know about Proto SS, but my Hasbro 10th anniv Dinobot suffers from it (thumb and dino jaw hinge just fell off for no reason), and he isn't even that old.

7. Counterpunch?

Ebay:
    See, I think it's just an issue of ham-hands for people and that toy.

For one, the arm/shoulder/head alignment has two moving pieces in the shoulder (both fragile) as well as an automorph (a bad one) that requires you to fold out the arms to reveal the head. It looks like the two could be independent though and the toy is easily broken if you force the automorph (ala the 70's camero version of Bumblebee).

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Which is all well and good if so, but it still doesn't explain the post directly above yours.

9. Counterpunch?

Ebay:
    Ok, I mean, if one post without picture makes the point, then I don't suppose there's much more to say.

Every brown and/or gold toy that breaks for any reason what so ever is a victim of GPS.

10. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dang, was hoppin' for news cred # cuatro. Can't wait to get a hold of this beast.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No need to be so damn snarky, is there.
    Now then:
    If the search engine here went back further, I could find you more threads about it from when people first noticed. And pictures. But, as the word of 2 people who've been here a hell of a long while apparently means sod all to you, I'll just give up.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Boy, I really wish I could get excited about this figure, because the robot mode looks fantastic...but that jet mode is just disappointing. It's surprising that they didn't put a more concentrated effort into trying to squeeze things into a flatter, more unified jet form, but I guess you can only move around so many things to make the transformation work.

This guy and Jetfire, while they both have great robot modes and the top half of the vehicle mode looks great, are let-downs - at least for me - because the design team decided to throw all of the robot kibble under the plane. I understand Jetfire being almost impossible to do as a result of that pancake SR-71 design, but Starscream...I'd figure that, even if they needed to move the underbelly of the F-22 down just a little in order to avoid robot kibble underbelly, that'd be okay. But this leader starscream they came up with...eeeugh. No thanks.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The odd thing is that someone posted photos of the real thing in a recent thread (I think it was Peaugh's feedback thread) and it is actually a pretty deep looking jet from a lot of angles. I always thought the toy's nose section particularly looked totally off, especially from the side view, but it's a lot more accurate than I originally assumed. And the fuselage isn't really that much deeper than the real thing either; it's just that it's visible. I can live with the underside kibble because at least it doesn't stick out particularly more than the real thing. Odd but true.

14. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the kibble is pretty much shaped like it should, except maybe a little bit thicker. Definitely not Jetfire proportions at all.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I hear what you're saying. I think it's the combination of the kibble and just how deep they let the underbelly of the plane extend out to that disinterested me. When I look at the vehicle mode of that leader class toy and then I look at, say, GIS of F-22 raptor, it just seems like too deep of an underbody, at least to me.

I dunno. I think I got really spoiled by Masterpiece Starscream. :eek: 

Actually, the underbelly kibble could probably be masked nicely with some styrene...

16. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, yessss...he's almost convinced! Keep pushing, people!

17. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Aha, a decent photo gallery. Still disappointed by the unnecessary skimping on balljoints, and the lack of back thrusters... but otherwise this is a mighty fine bit of work. It's so very, very tempting.

The customised versions of this will be awesome - once someone adds proper hand and ankle articulation, and detailed paintjobs, it's going to be great to see :) 

18. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Same here.

The jetmode is more real life accurate in some ways, but some of the underbelly proportions really bug me; especially the underside which gets more wide toward the rear because of the robothips.

I still like the voyager best.

19. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to see this in comparison with Megs.
    Still an instant-buy for me.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, my Protoform starscream is cracking anywhere there's a screw or joint. recently his knees have had to been glued back together due to me stupidly expecting them to bend.

I would hope I could be trusted on this. As I repair the cracks and as they happen, I can't really take pictures of shattered bits. if/when he breaks again I will.