leader class starscream QC issues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rego0012, Sep 2, 2010.

1. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hiyah all, new around here and thought i'd start by asking if anyone has been experiencing the issues i have with my 2 leader starscreams.

it seems that ive either had really bad luck or its a problems with this figure.

might right leg will simply not ratchet into place and wobbles on both of mine.
    i managed to fix all other nagging issues i had like non ratcheting knee joints (shaved the plastic inside where the screw screws down into giving the spring more pushing power)

but still i cannot for the life of me figure out why or how his hip leg ratchet on the right side is wobbly

any suggestions and or problems with yours?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Mine is perfect. You've got bad mojo dude.

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Gotta agree with woolstone on this my leader Screamer is perfect.

4. rego0012

News Credits:
    =[

maybe it was just a bad batch around my area because my gf also seems to have this on hers....though its not as bad as mine.

one leg ratchets flush to the side of the pelvic area and one will not leaving it wobbly. it still stands and has no real stability issues its just loose from not being able to hit that last "click" in the ratchet inwards.

ive taken both legs apart to fix the other issues i has with his one knee not ratcheting due to plastic not being shaved down right and cannot see any reason why it is as wobbly as the other.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Did you take it out the package carefully, or did you just rip it out without untying or cutting all of the twisty ties?

Because I have a hard time believing you bought three of these and they all have the same "QC problem."

6. rego0012

News Credits:
    all taken out carefully. no way i can forget the mess of twist ties that held him in =P
    the problem only seems to be with their right upper hip. my first is the American release the second i own is a Canadian/international version.

every ratchet on him is fine outside of the upper right hip on both American figures and the one with the non ratcheting knee (Canadian) that was an easy fix.
    ive tried to swap the lefts legs spring and ratchets over to the right to see if it would make any difference and if it was a problem with the three pieces that make the ratchet itself, but it just ended up with the same issue.

i really have no idea where to go from here to attempt a fix because i cannot see what the issue is inside. it all looks perfect. no warped plastic everything fits flush and into position like it should =/

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No problems to report with mine. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

if you still have your receipt & the boxes. just return them to the store you brought them at. tell the customer service person the toys are broke & you want your money back.

9. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    Mine is A-OK as well... sorry your 3 are no though!

10. rego0012

News Credits:
    i think i figured out the problem. i have two of the same leg ratchets. two left ones for both legs. playing around with my friends he let me swap in the ratchet out of his and voila problems fixed.

i cant return my american ones unfortunately since it would cost me too much atm to ship them back....i doubt hasbro would be nice enough to ship me a single ratchet as well lol...ill just have to live with it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  11. Organics

Organics Member

Mines great, but the button in plane mode doesnt work (blessing in disguise?)

12. rego0012

News Credits:
    lmao....personally i think so!

on an impulse buy i got another tonight and will use my biffed one for a repaint. it turned out to be a slightly bad move.
    his waist panels dont want to sit flush when collapse to form the waist making him have a "spring" to him. they still tab and lock in just the bottom panel goes out on a slight angle making a tiny gap at the front of his waist. one of my friends says it normal and one says his doesn't do it. my others dont but my girlfriends does....

the panels are not warped i checked it all out and i have no idea why it wants to not sit flush....oh well =/

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Man rego you are just having bad luck with him :( 

14. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I actually had the same problem with my starscream's left leg. I returned him to another toysrus and picked up another one there. Afterwards, it was normal.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

My Leader SS is just fine.

16. jclauterback

jclauterback Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mine has a weak right knee.

17. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    1) Left leg on mine doesn't 'ratchet' when you turn it clockwise.

2)One of the spring loaded shoulder struts had to be wound round once more to
    "spring" properly.

3) Arm clips that swing out from the undercarriage look flimsy. Replaced with stronger ones.