Heavy/Scratch: Leader Class Ironhide MK III by Zebu

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by godzebu, Sep 23, 2011.

1. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Love all of it

2. godzebu

godzebu Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    MechTech Port WIP

Howdy! After being MIA for nearly 5 months, I return with updates on MKIII. I intent to finish this project by end of March..so keep your figured crossed and wish me luck 

Here are WIP for additional MechTech integrations

Logistic:
    DOTM Deluxe Class Topspin

Pre-MOD notes/goals:
    1. Goal: Incorporate additional, transforming/integrated MechTech Ports.
    2. I really liked the idea of extending MechTech port arms that were in DOTM Deluxe Class Topspin.
    3. All new MechTech ports must be able to shift, hide, and transform as the figure transforms.

WIP:
    1. As mentioned above, I wanted to do something similar to what is already built in Topspin…Sorry Mr. Topspin, I need your parts :( 
    [​IMG]

2. The obvious location to install these MecTech port arms are the back kibbles for the MK III. I’ve pre-position them to make sure there are good range of mobility.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. The tip of these arms house new MechTech port that are made from the MecTech ports from the roof of topspin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Next, I’ve secured the MechTech extensions using metal pin and epoxy. These are on the back kibbles very securely now. I then carefully removed the part of plastic from the base hinge of back kibble to increase the mobility of MechTech extensions and give ability to fold away when not in use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. You can see on the next photo, this new MechTech extension can be completely incorporate into the vehicle mode. YES, MKIII can still transform with all these crazy parts~ :) 
    [​IMG]

6. MechTech extension arms can also fold out partially and provide additional MechTech Port in both robot mode as well as vehicle mode.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Next, I’ve incorporated the MechTech port from the side of Topspin into the forearms of MKIII
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Post-MOD Suggestions:
    1. Be very careful/patient when you carve out the base part of back kibble hinge. Make sure that MechTech Extension can be folded and the hinge system still works. It literally took me hours to remove just the right amount. I sliced (cutaway) 0.5 mm at a time, re-assembled everything each time I carved away the parts and ensure all parts fit and MKIII was still transformable.

More WIP updates to come.

Zebu :) 

Attached Files:

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Cool idea!!!

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Very nice update my man! He's gonna be armed to the teeth!

5. godzebu

Ebay:
  6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Yeah I had to bite on that Ironhide weapons set too. For the price I couldn't see myself putting 10 hours of scratchbuilding a pair just to have them be not as accurate.

I'll leave he heavily armed IH to you, I'm just doing main arm cannons, and the guns from the Mexican standoff.

7. godzebu

Ebay:
    Weapons upgrade WIP Part I

Alright folks, luckily, I had some more time to work on MK III this weekend.

MK III Weapons upgrade Part 1

Logistic:

-Master grade Zeku II ver. 2.0 Missile pods.
    -DOTM Deluxe Topspin weapon sets.
    -Pg Mg Gundam Weapon Unicorn Gatling Gun Bazooka Chain (I got them from a seller name "HQO Parts" on e-bay.
    Here is the link Pg Mg Gundam Weapon Unicorn Gatling Gun Bazooka Chain | eBay)
    -Kotobukiya MSG Weapon Unit 20 Gatling gun Model kit .
    (I also got this from e-bay, do a search for “MSG Gatling Gun” MSG gatling gun | eBay)

Pre-MOD notes/goals:

1. Goal: Weapon upgrade for MK III with missile pods and gatling guns.
    2. I wanted to give MKIII a ridiculous amount of fire power and weapons that can be incorporate into his vehicle mode and robot mode
    (and also the third: ”striker mode”).
    3. All weapon system should be able to utilize newly installed MechTech ports.

WIP:

1. First thing first, since MK III will house additional weapons, I needed to reconfigure/give housing ability to MK III back pack. As you can see in next few photos, the front window of tuck is now reversed and held by magnets, pressing against his back, creating a “cavity” at the back of MK III. I also cut off his chest cannon button so it doesn’t stick out around his right shoulder. However, the latch itself is still functional and all his light/sound gimmicks work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Next, I used “Kotobukiya MSG Weapon Unit 20 Gatling gun Model kit” I got from e-bay to give Twin ‘Super! Duper! Cool!’ (SDC) Gatling guns. These are originally for gundam and other model kits but I wanted to incorporate into MK III. These are super cool detail-up kits. They have winding-metal-tape-powered motors that will spin. Check out this video from youtube.
    kotobukiya MSG Gatling gun review - YouTube
    [​IMG]

3. Next, I fused MG Zaku II missile pods and Topspins gun to create missle pods with MechTech ports.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Here are some shots of initial installations. You can see that utilizing his newly installed folding MechTech extensions, MK III has ability to hold these weapons with great freedom, as well as ability to fold it back around (kinda like his “Mexican Standoff Guns” from the movie).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. With his rearranged back kibbles (especially with new front window “cavity”), these Twin (SDC) Gatling guns can be completely stored within the robot mode without adding too much bulk.
    [​IMG]

6. What Gatling gun is complete without proper belt (bullet) feeder? Here, I used gundam model detail parts from a seller name "HQO Parts" from e-bay. These are essentially metal watch straps. Very strong and flexble.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Initially, I wanted to have removable belt feeders as shown below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. After pondering for couple of weeks and some bench testings, I decided to incorporate bullet belt feeders into the figure. In summary, belt feeders are secured under the battery compartment and can be partially extended and retracted as necessary in order for MK III to transform (of course ability to transform is always my top priorty).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Here are some shots of bullet feeder belts in the robot mode with Twin (SDC) Gatling Guns. These are secured both to the body of figure and to the guns. Due to the flexible nature of these belts, they do not get in the way of MK III's arms and legs. These Gatling guns can be held by MK III using his hands, placed on the MechTech ports on his shoulders, placed on his forearms (to newly added MechTech ports), placed on the MechTech extensions from his back and/or any combinations my heart desires… YEAH!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. And how does MK III Transforms with these belt feeders? Simple! First, retract the belt feeder into MK III’s body (about 1/3 of entire length will retract), then wrap the rest of belt under the “arm pit” of figure and finally tuck them into the front window cavity in the truck mode (it will be under the fists).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Post-MOD Suggestions:

1. MK III will have two more weapons upgrade, which will be covered in Weapons Upgrade WIP Part II. I ordered the “fans want it” Leader Class IH weapon set (to be released in FEB 2012).

2. I’m still debating whether to incorporate the blade sets that will come with the kit…..any thought?

Zebu :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  8. godzebu

Ebay:
    Image set for Weapons Upgrade Part I

Image Sets for Weapons Upgrade Part I

Thanks

Zebu

Attached Files:

9. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Wow,it seems you've put a lot of work into this........and by golly is it sooooo worth it :D 

10. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woah... woah... woah.

This is by far the top build I've seen for Ironhide. I just love the way the gatling guys are designed and tucked in robot mode

If you can incorporate it, it'd just make this ironhide all the more insane. Do it! Do it!

11. godzebu

Ebay:
    This sure is worth every efforts. As I mentioned on OP, this is for my private collection (I don't think I'll work on IH anymore once I'm done with MKIII).

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, more I think about it, I think I will go ahead and incorporate them.....the only issue is ....how are they all gonna fit?

More bench tests I guess :) 

12. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

OH MY LAWD!!!! That is amazing! Looks so awesome, can't wait to see it finished. True talent.

13. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    I love it!

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    fascinating!

15. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    I swear to god, if you don't review this I'm burning life's house down with combustible lemons. Did you remove the fake parts?

16. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    That's really cool!