Leader Class Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Aug 12, 2007.

1. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:

:lolol 

Exactly what I was thinking.

And watch out for demonized Toy possession.... or maybe evil humidity activating toys in the night or cosmic rust ghosts causing rusted die-cast or uncontrollable electronic sound activations.:lol 

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Thing you need to realize is that this is a kids toy and since they probably don't give a crap, neither should you.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Some randoms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I feel REALLY dumb... I got Brawl to tank mode once, transformed it back to 'bot mode, now I cant get it in tank mode again.

Either way, it's VERY impressive. The first time I had high hopes that were beaten by so far.

5. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Brawl has a pretty simple transformation once you get it the first time. It took me like 20 mins to get all the pieces to fit together. The tank mode is superb!

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    My Brawl's head has a tendency no to stay in place. :( 

7. weewoo

weewoo Veteran

after the wonderful solid transformer that is leader optimus, brawl just seems to fall so far behind. there is just no way to align the arms so the side pegs stay in place & no, im not doing it wrong because i am someone who loves her alternators and generally thinks the more complicated the better. i've tried and tried, and even after removing the forearm weapon packs the width of the arms is STILL too much to allow the sides to peg no matter how i adjust them. maybe it was bad QC on mine, the knees don't seem to be properly connected to the thigh which means the sides probably arent as far forward as they should be, and the bit the main gun connects to wasn't screwed together completely so the sounds were going off constantly at the even slightest bump on the drive home. the plate that slides forward when the head pops up doesn't go back all the way, and out of curiosity i discovered that just BLOWING on the smaller guns makes them fall off.

i haven't been this disappointed with a transformer in a long long time, leader brawl should have never been approved for production with so many errors :( 

8. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I might soon buy a Leader class TF but which one, Brawl or Optimus?

9. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

v Both v

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Can someone post comparison pics between Leader Brawl and G2 (tank) Megatron? :) 

11. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I might pick one up (my leader class movie Optimus needs a foe and there's no chance at all of me buying Megatron). The head bothers me enough that I'll be on the lookout for a suitable replacement (perhaps a junker G2 Megatron/BWII Megastorm head).

12. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

Wow, thats pretty harsh. Think while there might be some QC issues on yours, I think the side panel issue is on your transformation on the arms in tank mode. Most likely you have not pushed in the arms (more likely on the shoulders & upper arm) far enough. If its done right, there is good clearance and the front spring clips will hold them tight. Took a little while to figure that out, but once I spotted that, my brawl locks solid in tank mode. And mine don't seem to have QC issues many people complaint about. Can't see people get disappointed by this great toy, at least on the one I got.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Finally, FINALLY picked him up.

And I am so, so very glad that I did. He is impressive in both modes. He is big, heavy, and armed to the teeth. The sounds are a bit annoying (where are the batteries btw, I don't have the instructions with me and I won't have them until tomorrow to check that)..but I'd like to just take them out and be done with that issue.

Transforming him the first time was a bit tricky, lining up the arms and side panels mostly (still not sure it is right, but he is holding at least), but it was pretty cool and a nice change from the deluxe (though very similar).

Also, I don't like how easily his head pops up.

Other than that though, he is GREAT and I highly recommend him. Probably my favorite of the line (replacing Prime in the top spot).

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The batteries are in the back of the bottom turret

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Thanks, them things need to be coming out.

I think I may have...messed up his main automorph feature when I was going back to tank a bit ago). The panel that slides down or whatever (the green tank part not the claw thing) I think I overextended it or something. Dammit >_<

Also, still have trouble getting his panels to line up on his side, no problems with the gun arm, just the one with the claw.

16. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

I saw him today at a tru in my area. He looks really awesome, probably see if I can swing him as a christmas present haha

17. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

I just love how this guy looks like a giant metal Hulk bristling with weaponry. Is it just me, or does the upper turret not rotate all the way around? Just all the way back to one side, and all the way back to the other?
    Edit: Hey, does anyone know if there's a way to get his quad-cannon on his right arm to stay in place in deployed mode? The green part likes to slide back.

18. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Slide it out more. It'll lock into a friction fit.

As for his upper turret, no, it doesn't do a full 360 spin. This is because of the electronic wiring running from it to the cannon and other parts of his body. If the turret could spin freely, those wires would get twisted, yanked, and eventually ripped out of their sockets.

19. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    In my opinion this is one of the best figures (this version specificly) to come from the movie. My example had no problem going into either mode with ease. Superior tooling and QC. the only thing that I can say is lacking is the color scheme. However in time I will remedy that minor short coming.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the only flaw on mine is that in tank mode, on the right side, the panel that flips up from the leg to the very front doesnt QUITE go in all the way. I mean, it latches, but it leaves a gap about 2 mm wide at the worst part. sad thing is you can squeeze and it goes together, so I guess when I get time, I'll look into it and see what its rubbing against to be forced out like that.