Leader Class Blackout anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I've been hearing from fans that the Voyager Blackout is too small and they want a Leader Class Blackout. In gratitude I am working on blue prints and instructions on a Leader Class Blackout. Deluxe Scoponok attaches on back, No helicopter tail on robot form and if possible larger than Leader Class Megatron. If anyone wants to hear more stuff let me know.

2. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I'd like to see one. The Voyager class version was a midget; which wasen't accurate to the movie version. I personally think Blackout should be a supreme figure if they was to remake him, which would be a great idea. And I'd like to see him with automatic spinning rotors and glowing eyes.

3. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are saying you are planning to build and produce these? If you are, and you do a box to go with it I would definitely be interested.

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Leader Blackout would be worth every cent of the high price point.
    Automorph EMP cannon on one arm, machine gun on the other.
    Automorph cannon on his chest.
    Hand-held blade grinder separate from blades on his back.
    More detailed Scorponok that ejects from back.
    Electronic red light-up eyes and blue light-up EMP cannon.
    Helicopter rotor sound.
    EMP blast sound and/or machine gun sound.
    More movie-accurate detail and paint scheme, a combination of the Premium version's vehicle mode and the normal version's robot mode.
    Yeah, I'd buy a couple of those.

5. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Well, I haven't bulit one, I'm just going to draw blue prints. Besides, I don't know the materials to make one. My blue prints will show parts of the robot, how they will fold in for a helicopter, the features it will have with sounds and a cannon poping out of the chest and an instruction sheet. When the time is right (possibly before the animated toys come out) I will send it to Hasbro and see what they think.

6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Well, you are right about the cannon in chest, propeller in hand and helicopter sounds. But the other stuff you mentioned are not included.

- I haven't made a feature of Scoponok poping out of back, I just thougt of it clipping on back.
    - lights in eye wold take a lot of work.
    - The sound it would make would be the movie sound (You know, the sound that the military recorded during the invadion).

Nice ideas, but they would be too big to fit in one robot. Thanks

7. Tracks_25

Tracks_25 We rollin'

I would be all over a leader class blackout.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'd plop down cash on a Leader-sized Blackout in a red hot minute.

9. a person

News Credits:
    Send a copy of it to Hasbro if you plan to. I highly doubt Hasbro will use your design to make a figure (not saying that it will be a bad design). It takes about 6 months of planning and engineering before Hasbro releases a figure.

10. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    A blueprint? For real?

Suppose you succeed, and have managed a feasible design for a larger Blackout toy, what will you do with the blueprint?

That said, I echo just about everyone's sentiments and wishes for a larger Blackout.

11. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'm not going to hope that they will like it, I'm doing it to give them ideas and I'm trying to let the size make sence. If I did build one what kind of material would I use? even if it takes to long and the animated toy have already been released they can just make it a ToysRUs exclusive (that's if the Movie figures have not been discontinued). The drawing are not my best work, but I should be finish with the sketches around the end of the month.

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I will try to get Hasbro's attention, then submit a copy of the blue prints. I wish I could make it or sculpt it, but I don't know what a transformer toy is made of.

13. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Well... for light up eyes you could use these instructions and put them inside the head.

14. a person

News Credits:
    Plastic

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It's just not that simple.

Wait, you don't know what materials are used to make one? Then how will you be able to make blueprints that will work?

Different joints use different materials. All have positives and negatives, and all are suited for different applications. For example, most ball joints use a plastic (whose technical name I've forgotten) that is commonly called unpaintable plastic, which is flexible, mostly unbreakable, but cannot be painted as the name suggests. However, ball joints cannot hold heavy loads, and are thus unsuitable for large modern figures except for small things like neck joints and other non-load bearing areas.

Most fan-made customs I've seen use swivel joints for the majority of the figure, which, frankly, do not cut it anymore. Most official toys larger than deluxes now use some form of ratcheting joint, either the cheaper plastic tab or the more complex spring-loaded versions.

I'd say to even have a chance with Hasbro, you need a degree in industrial design, like the people who work at Hasbro. Honestly, you need to also be a good artist, maybe have some kitbashing experience as well.

Also, regarding exclusives. Rarely does one make a toy to specifically be an exclusive unless it's a particularly small run for some kind of occassion. For exclusive repaints, usually, a retailer asks Hasbro for an exclusive, Hasbro knocks one up and the store sells it. In other cases, Hasbro tries to sell it to everybody, but if there is not enough retailer interest from all parties, then they chain/s that show the most interest will pick it up as an exclusive, as I understand it.

16. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT. nuff said

17. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Shouldn't this be in the Kitbash section of the Toyark, anyway.

The movie toyline is dead after the upcoming premium wave in March, the Animated line is already in production. Hasbro won't care one bit about your plans. Besides theres reasons they made Megatron, Starscream, Bonecrusher and Blackout so far out of scale.

First, the only too scale Transformers are the Binaltech molds, not the movie molds

Second, to be scaled correctly many of the serise would need to be larger. Meg's Ultimate sized, Prime Masterpeice sized, Starscream Masterpeice SS sized, Ironhide Leader sized (GMC Topkick's are big), and so on. That leads to reason three.

Third, only collectors would pay for so many big expensive figures. And while Takara might make that many big expensive figures because collectors buy most of there figures, Hasbro never would because most of there sales come from parents buying for kids and only a small amount from collectors.

18. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

I see this ending in fail.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Not to mention armed to the teeth.

20. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    I have been praying for a Leader or Supreme sized Blackout since I saw how small Voyager BO was. I love me some Blackout, but he's just not good enough a toy for how awesome he can be.