late to the party! fahrenheit indigo prophecy

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by smangerbot, Aug 6, 2008.

1. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

so i was bored the other day, and i had some ms points and i bought fahrenheit indigo prophecy.

its ok, quite a fun little distraction from the norm, but its not as great as i remember people telling me it was.

so has anyone else here played it? i mainly asked because some seriously crazy shit happens in it that i've never seen in a video game before - those who've played it probably know what i'm talking about :)  (though i hear it was censored for the US release).

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    How far are you in the game? It goes completely batshit insane in the last 30-45 minutes of the game or so. I really enjoyed it myself; quality adventure games are hard to come by these days and despite its crazy plot twists, it was really pretty engrossing. The "Simon-says" sequences were a bit annoying, but overall it was really well made.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this a sequel to Indigo Prophecy that game was so weird. But had a lot of cool story elements.

4. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Same game actually, just different names based on region. I have it but never have finished it. I did a full system wipe and haven't gotten around to re-installing it yet. I should finish it though, it was getting interesting, if weird.

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

My neighbor occassionaly encourages me to check that game out. I trust his taste too so I want to see it, but I just cant bring myself to spend the MS points for it. I think I may just buy it used at a game stop if it's less than $20.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

The bit when the ex comes over, and if you say the right things.....?
    That bit?

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    She does WHAT? If you do WHAT? Nevermind I have the US release. :( 

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    You gots 'ta be smooooth with the guitar playing and sweet talkin', man.

There's another scene at the end which is kinda "WTF?" (plot and character development-wise, anyway. It's kinda out of left field) that may be censored, too.

9. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I really enjoyed it. It gets kind of crazy near the end. Something different. I'm pretty sure the same people are making Heavy Rain for PS3.

There are parts of the game where you need to "fail" certain parts. Also being as accurate as you can in the police sketch is acctually helpfull.

10. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Is this the game Tommy from Electric Playground did the music for and was supposed to be the starting of a trilogy? (very vague but I never played it and only heard of it on his show where they played it up alot)

11. smangerbot

i finished it. it started well, with the whole murder and trying to figure out whats going on, but yeah - it seemed to lose direction near the end and just go crazy, especially with that orange clan AI crazyness. i quite enjoyed it as well.

yes, in the european version its pretty full on, you have to move the analogue stick up and down :lol 

yeah, it was pretty unexpected, but i expected another 'scene' if you know what i mean. its not censored in the uk version, and again, is pretty full on....

12. smangerbot

it was kind of an unexpected suprise for me, its also not too long so you can shoot through it quite easily. i think it has multiple endings though.

13. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Fantastic game. Haven't played it in a couple of years now though. I need to find the disc it's on and reinstall it.